• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Soy will make you gay?

Ozzie

Maize said:
:biglaugh:

Link

I thought I had heard it all. But I guess they can't keep blaming it on choice when so many of their own keep proving them wrong. Remember Ted Haggard, now there's another evangelical preacher of a mega-church who's admitted the same. Too much tofu, boys?

I'll bet the beef industry loves this. I can hear their new slogan now: Beef, it will make you a real man!

:rolleyes:
Already done here. "Feed the man meat" was an old slogan. BTW, mushrooms cause claustrophobia, nuts send you round the twist.

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
The whole article is so laughable it's ridiculous... I'd love for the author to actually back up the crap he spews with something reputable. But I have a feeling he can't, since at best it's distorted and stretched truth.

Maybe I didn't get enough soy as a child and that's why I ended up gay and genderqueer? :biglaugh:

Booko

Deviled Hen
Djamila said:
I wish these Conservative columnists would just come out of the closet already.

Djamila calls it!

If soy makes you gay, then since getting off dairy I must be the gayest white person in this country!

OK, maybe my daughter beats me out...she drinks more soy milk than I do.

Hm, is that why the most interesting "pick up" attempt she had while walking home from school was a 20 year old woman? Is all that soy she's drinking putting out some sort of gay vibe or something?

Oy vey and begorrah!

Booko

Deviled Hen
Nordicßearskin said:
The problem is further exasperated by the large number of food products that are soya-based or indirectly contain soya-byproducts.
Whew...no kiddin' with the soy byproducts. My business partner has soy allergy. There's almost nothing she can eat that's "prepared." Even ketchup brands put soybean oil in them. "Gluten-free" products often use soy flour.

I have no random soy showing up in my kitchen. When we meet over lunch, I prefer to have her tuna salad stay down, thankyouverymuch. We use canola mayonnaise and soy-free products for everything short of actual tofu or soy milk, and obviously I don't feed any of those things to her.

If anyone's interested, herein lies an interesting article on soya:-
http://www.guardian.co.uk/food/Story/0,,1828158,00.html
Thanks! I'll pass that on to a few people who will be interested.

By the way, if anyone here is gluten-free, a goodly number of people who are sensitive/allergic to gluten are also allergic to soy.

Be sure, and get yourself checked out. Soy is everywhere.

The only thing more pernicious is corn.

However, the (somewhat more Christian) article's claims that there exists a direct link between the effects of soya food and sexuality are not only wildly unsubstantiated and reliant on a whole legion of (equally unsubstantiated) assumptions, but seemingly offers arguments that contradict the oft-spoused evangelical position that homosexuality is a choice, and a poor one at that.
Oh, but they CHOSE to eat soy, right! :sarcastic

lunamoth

Will to love
Nordicßearskin said:
Perhaps I should have been a little clearer. By 'large quantities' I wasn't referring to, say, eating disorders or a diet containing naught but soya, but any diet that contains soya as a significant part of it. (Which would be more then first thought, given that roughly 60% of all processed food contains some form of soya).

Of course this is just a plot by the food industry to make us all secretly gay.

lizskid

BANNED
Soy will do a lot, but make someone gay???? Sure, ok, that's the ticket! By the way, I have some really good stock tips for you, and some beautiful swamp land to sell.

mostly harmless

Endlessly amused
Hmmm.

I still like boys....but then I have always been a tomboy...one of the guys....so maybe I am a gay man in a woman's body..:areyoucra

zombieharlot

Some Kind of Strange
Maize said:
Wait a minute.... does the soy have the same effect on men and women? :areyoucra

If it's giving you loads of estrogen, wouldn't that make women *gulp* more effeminate?

*slowly puts down soy burger and backs away*

Ooh! Ooh! Give it to me then!

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Maize said:
:biglaugh:

Link

I thought I had heard it all. But I guess they can't keep blaming it on choice when so many of their own keep proving them wrong. Remember Ted Haggard, now there's another evangelical preacher of a mega-church who's admitted the same. Too much tofu, boys?

I'll bet the beef industry loves this. I can hear their new slogan now: Beef, it will make you a real man!

:rolleyes:
How much soy is eaten in China?

Mike182

Flaming Queer
i am shocked, appauled and disgusted with this:

Article said:
Doctors used to hope soy would reduce hot flashes, prevent cancer and heart disease, and save millions in the Third World from starvation. That was before they knew much about long-term soy use. Now we know it's a classic example of a cure that's worse than the disease.

homosexuality is a disease, worse than Cancer and Heart disease?

:banghead3:banghead3:banghead3:banghead3

Buttercup

Veteran Member
Mike182 said:
i am shocked, appauled and disgusted with this:

homosexuality is a disease, worse than Cancer and Heart disease?

:banghead3:banghead3:banghead3:banghead3
[/color][/color]
Don't waste those head butts on this guy, Mikey. He's an idiot thru and thru. *hands Mikey a band aid and a Bud.*