• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

State Senator Proposes Mandatory Vasectomies for Nebraskans

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
No, evidence was given. You are just denying it. You are finally admitting that there was a change, though since you have not admitted your earlier error in denying that change you have lost all credibility . . . again.

It is too bad that you do not realize that to maintain credibility that one needs to admit that they were wrong when something that they denied was shown to be wrong.
I said it wasn't changed for political reasons and you have not shown that it was changed for any reason other than a better job by the translators.... and it's ironic that you say the newer translations are generally better, then claim this one isn't.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I said it wasn't changed for political reasons and you have not shown that it was changed for any reason other than a better job by the translators.... and it's ironic that you say the newer translations are generally better, then claim this one isn't.
Now you just made a claim that you need to prove. If it wasn't changed because of your false beliefs about what the Bible says then why was it changed? What is your evidence that it was done for a "better translation"? The better translation appears to be that of a miscarriage since that agrees with so much of the rest of the Bible.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
I see so we need to make the wholesale mass murder of the unborn safe for those doing the killing.

Sorry I don't think we have more to discuss on this issue. I'm from a culture that frowns on genocidal agendas .
Appeal to emotion fallacy.
My culture also frowns upon genocide.
Fun fact
But if you do not wish to discuss this further, I will respect that

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
Now you just made a claim that you need to prove. If it wasn't changed because of your false beliefs about what the Bible says then why was it changed? What is your evidence that it was done for a "better translation"? The better translation appears to be that of a miscarriage since that agrees with so much of the rest of the Bible.
Now you are a translation expert? Again if you have no evidence it had to do with politics, )and thinking it does is ridiculous, BTW ) then you are just grasping.

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
No. But I can find them.

And you keep forgetting that you do not understand the concept of evidence
And besides that, if the verse is about a miscarriage it still doesn't support abortion, in fact it supports the value of life. The husband can take the perpetrator of an accidental death for everything he has. This thing, that according to pro abortionists isn't even a human or alive is worth so much that even accidentally killing him can ruin a man's life.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Only God is able to make judgements about who should live and he decides when each of us pass from physical existence. In this sense God kills everyone. Man has no right to make those decisions for the unborn.
You obviously missed the point and/or just skirted around it.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
since men are the ones who impregnate women.
And are the ones who do not want to allow them to abort.
Then it is reasonable to sterilise such men.
This will prevent both the pregnancy and the need for an abortion.

The alternative is to give them the resulting unwanted child to support pay for and bring up themselves. As single father's.
It should not be the unwilling mother's problem at all, who should be fully supported by them during the unwelcome pregnancy.
Men would very soon change their minds, about pro life.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
since men are the ones who impregnate women.
And are the ones who do not want to allow them to abort.
Wrong, there's probably more impassioned pro-life women there are men who care about the issue. Most of these abortion demonstrations are women vs. other women. When I see pro-life demonstrations, it's mostly women there. Most men these days don't want to be fathers or have any responsibility, so they won't care if their female partner gets rid of the kid. I've had those conversations with guys my age.

Last edited:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
And besides that, if the verse is about a miscarriage it still doesn't support abortion, in fact it supports the value of life. The husband can take the perpetrator of an accidental death for everything he has. This thing, that according to pro abortionists isn't even a human or alive is worth so much that even accidentally killing him can ruin a man's life.
Nope. Now you are grasping at straws. Of course there was a financial loss and the husband (not the wife please notice) was to be paid for that. This was in the day of "an eye for an eye" which means that if you willed someone you were to be put to death for that act.

It shows that the Bible did not consider a fetus or embryo to be a human being. You cannot use today's justice to interpret this, you need the justice of that time.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Wrong, there's probably more impassioned pro-life women there are men who care about the issue. Most of these abortion demonstrations are women vs. other women. When I see pro-life demonstrations, it's mostly women there. Most men these days don't want to be fathers or have any responsibility, so they won't care if their female partner gets rid of the kid. I've had those conversations with guys my age.
By numbers women tend to be far more proabortion than men.

When it comes to no limit at all on abortions the percentage has varied from 43% to 63% but most of the time has been a hair over 50%.

When it comes to abortions are legal with some limits that has always hovered around 30% with a recent peak to 38%.

And when it comes to no abortions at all that has averaged a bit less than 20% but has recently dropped to 12%.

And when it comes to identifying as prolife or prochoice the percentages are 61% to 33%.

For men the percentages for the last one are equal within the margin of error in the poll at 47 and 48%:

Abortion Trends by Gender

This is why Republicans are likely to be very sorry after the midterms. Those figures look very very bad if you are a Republican.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic

It is men who control the legislation and the law. It is men who do the impregnating.
If they do not want to be held responsible. Or to be fathers they would soon take the active roll in supporting abortion.