• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stuff Republicans say.

Alceste

Vagabond
Inspired by Draka's thread, I thought it might be fun to have one thread for collecting outrageous statements made by Republicans. And I don't mean the ramblings of the "man-on-the-street". I mean the intellectual lights of the Republican party: their leaders, elected representatives, associates, employees and professional advocates.

I will start:

These are from Rep. Jon Hubbard (R-Jonesboro Arkansas)

“… the institution of slavery that the black race has long believed to be an abomination upon its people may actually have been a blessing in disguise. The blacks who could endure those conditions and circumstances would someday be rewarded with citizenship in the greatest nation ever established upon the face of the Earth.”

“Wouldn’t life for blacks in America today be more enjoyable and successful if they would only learn to appreciate the value of a good education?”

“… will it ever become possible for black people in the United States of America to firmly establish themselves as inclusive and contributing members of society within this country?”

Arkansas Rep. Jon Hubbard: Slavery Was a Blessing For Black People | The Daily Dolt

Note: Yes, if you're one of those "the other guys are just as bad" wieners, you can post outrageous quotes by Democrats too, but please try to stick to real doozies. Don't just repeating "you didn't build that" out of context, like a broken record player. ;)

Alceste

Vagabond
Here are a few more of the most deranged rantings of prominent Republicans from recent memory.

"All that stuff I was taught about evolution and embryology and the Big Bang Theory, all that is lies straight from the pit of Hell. And it’s lies to try to keep me and all the folks who were taught that from understanding that they need a savior."

~ Rep. Paul Broun (R-GA), member of the House Science Committee (thanks, Draka)

“First of all, from what I understand from doctors [pregnancy from rape] is really rare. If it’s a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down.”

"It is no big surprise that we fight the terrorists because they are fundamentally un-American, and yet we have terrorists in our own culture called abortionists. One of the good pieces of news why we are winning this war is because there are not enough heartless doctors being graduated from medical schools. There is a real shortage of abortionists. Who wants to be at the very bottom of the food chain of medical profession? And what sort of places do these bottom-of-the-food-chain doctors work in? Places that are really a pit. You find that along with the culture of death go all kinds of other law-breaking: not following good sanitary procedure, giving abortions to women who are not actually pregnant, cheating on taxes, all these kinds of things, misuse of anesthetics so that people die or almost die."

~ Rep. Todd Akin (R-Missouri), member of the House Science Committee

Last edited:

Alceste

Vagabond
“It has become abundantly clear that at this point the only debate Ms. Duckworth is actually interested in having is which outfit she’ll be wearing for her big speech”

Rep. Joe Walsh (R-Illinois), in reference to his double amputee Iraq war veteran Democratic challenger, Tammy Duckworth, pictured below

220px-Tammy_Duckworth_wheelchair.jpg

Last edited:

Alceste

Vagabond
"...abundant evidence proves that the agenda of Planned Parenthood includes sexualizing young girls through the Girl Scouts, which is quickly becoming a tactical arm of Planned Parenthood. Planned Parenthood instructional series and pamphlets are part of the core curriculum at GSA training seminars. Denver Auxiliary Bishop James D. Conley of Denver last year warned parents that "membership in the Girl Scouts could carry the danger of making their daughters more receptive to the pro-abortion agenda."

Rep. Bob Morris, (R-Fort Wayne)

I know I'm basically talking to myself here, but look at it as my "Crazy" collection. A Museum of Stupidity at which future generations can marvel. A Library of Congressional incompetence. These folks want to control the largest nuclear arsenal on earth.

Alceste

Vagabond
" Nowhere in the Holy Bible have I found a word of condemnation for the operation of slavery, Old or New Testament. If slavery was so bad, why didn’t Jesus, Paul or the prophets say something? This country already lionizes Wehrmacht leaders. They go by the names of Lincoln, Grant, Sherman, Sheridan, Custer, etc. These Marxists not only destroyed the Constitution they were sworn to uphold, but apostatized the word of God. Either these depraved infidels or the Constitution and Scriptures are in error. I’m more persuaded by the word of God. "

rep. Loy Mauch (R-Arkansas)

Last edited:

Alceste

Vagabond
”All life should be cherished and protected. We are pro-life.”

Website of rep. Scott DesJalais (R-TN)

DesJalais in a recorded telephone conversation to his pregnant mistress:

”You told me you’d have an abortion, and now we’re getting too far along without one.”
"... you lied to me about something that caused us to be in this situation, and that’s not my fault, that’s yours.”
”If we need to go to Atlanta, or whatever, to get this solved and get it over with so we can get on with our lives, then let’s do it. Well, we’ve got to do something soon. And you’ve even got to admit that because the clock is ticking right?”

Alceste

Vagabond
"He also told me one thing, 'If you do (have premarital sex), just remember, consensual sex can turn into rape in an awful hurry,' " Rivard said. "Because all of a sudden a young lady gets pregnant and the parents are madder than a wet hen and she's not going to say, 'Oh, yeah, I was part of the program.' All that she has to say or the parents have to say is it was rape because she's underage. And he just said, 'Remember, Roger, if you go down that road, some girls,' he said, 'they rape so easy.'

Rep. Roger Rivard (R-Rice Lake, WI)

Alceste

Vagabond
Ummm, how would that work exactly?

These people are lunatics. I suppose they are so deranged and excruciatingly ignorant of female biology that they imagine doctors are pretending to give abortions in order to collect payment. If that claim has any basis in "things that might actually happen", perhaps they are referring to fraud, where a clinic might attempt to claim payment for a procedure that never occurred, or for a patient that doesn't exist. The idea that a doctor would actually go through the charade and expense of pretending to perform a procedure just to collect payment is ludicrous. But these are Republican congressmen, so anything goes.

Alceste

Vagabond
"Probably the biggest turn we ever made was when the women got the right to vote. Our country might have been better off if it was still just men voting. There is nothing worse than a bunch of mean, hateful women. They are diabolical in how than can skewer a person. I do not see that in men. The whole time I worked, I'd much rather have a male boss than a female boss. Double-minded, you never can trust them. Because women have the right to vote, I am active, because I want to make sure there is some sanity for women in the political world. It is up to the Christian rednecks and patriots to stand up for our country."

Janis Lane (yes, that is a woman), Central Mississippi Tea Party President.

Shermana

Heretic
For the record, we just had to fire a female manager because of her pompous antics, incompetence, and humiliating, condescending treatment of our most valued employees. Does this mean ALL female bosses are like this? Absolutely not.

Alceste

Vagabond
For the record, we just had to fire a female manager because of her pompous antics, incompetence, and humiliating, condescending treatment of our most valued employees. Does this mean ALL female bosses are like this? Absolutely not.

Not sure why this anecdote matters. I've had really crappy bosses of both genders, and good ones too.

idav

Being
Premium Member
I thought Bush had some doozies until that most recent big bird thing lol.

''See, in my line of work you got to keep repeating things over and over and over again for the truth to sink in, to kind of catapult the propaganda.''

—President George W. Bush, Greece, N.Y., May 24, 2005

Alceste

Vagabond
Another gem from Rep. Joe Walsh (R-Ill). Asked about his view that all abortion should be illegal, including rape, incest and the life of the mother, he said:

“With modern technology and science, you can't find one instance,” he said. “... There is no such exception as life of the mother, and as far as health of the mother, same thing.”

4consideration

Premium Member
"Probably the biggest turn we ever made was when the women got the right to vote. Our country might have been better off if it was still just men voting. There is nothing worse than a bunch of mean, hateful women. They are diabolical in how than can skewer a person. I do not see that in men. The whole time I worked, I'd much rather have a male boss than a female boss. Double-minded, you never can trust them. Because women have the right to vote, I am active, because I want to make sure there is some sanity for women in the political world. It is up to the Christian rednecks and patriots to stand up for our country."

This seemed bizarre to me, so I looked her up online. It was really easy to find.

In case you are interested in her side of it, I am posting a link to a response that I found.

Index

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member

:spit: I find this oddly amusing, if not also sad. Also, I couldn't help but laugh when I read the "Christian rednecks and patriots" part. It sounds so absurd as to be comical.

I think I'll subscribe to this thread. :popcorn: