• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stuff Republicans say.

Mister_T

Forum Relic
Premium Member
Another gem from Rep. Joe Walsh (R-Ill). Asked about his view that all abortion should be illegal, including rape, incest and the life of the mother, he said:

“With modern technology and science, you can't find one instance,” he said. “... There is no such exception as life of the mother, and as far as health of the mother, same thing.”
I'm sure buddy's sister-in-law who died during childbirth 3 years ago would beg to differ. The man is as big a douche as he is a moron.

Alceste

Vagabond
“But on the rape thing, it’s like, how does putting more violence onto a woman’s body and taking the life of an innocent child that’s a consequence of this crime, how does that make it better? You know what I mean?”

~ Republican congressional candidate John Koster (Washington)

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
“But on the rape thing, it’s like, how does putting more violence onto a woman’s body and taking the life of an innocent child that’s a consequence of this crime, how does that make it better? You know what I mean?”

When it comes to the effects of rape on a victim, I think we should probably take the actual victims' word over some clownish cretin like this guy.

Alceste

Vagabond
When it comes to the effects of rape on a victim, I think we should probably take the actual victims' word over some clownish cretin like this guy.

But he knew a woman who decided to keep a rape baby and he doesn't think she has any regrets. Surely that's more than enough information on which to base sweeping national legislation repealing US women's reproductive rights. They (women) might complain, but they just don't understand what a blessing it will be to have their very own rape babies to raise. I'm sure they'll realize their mistake in time, they just need a little firm guidance from right-thinking men.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
But he knew a woman who decided to keep a rape baby and he doesn't think she has any regrets. Surely that's more than enough information on which to base sweeping national legislation repealing US women's reproductive rights. They (women) might complain, but they just don't understand what a blessing it will be to have their very own rape babies to raise. I'm sure they'll realize their mistake in time, they just need a little firm guidance from right-thinking men.

I wonder if those who decided to keep their rape-babies only do so out of a sense of religious obligation, and raise the child with resentment in their heart. I wonder when they look at the child's face, if they see that of their attacker, and misdirect that anger upon the kid.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I wonder if those who decided to keep their rape-babies only do so out of a sense of religious obligation, and raise the child with resentment in their heart. I wonder when they look at the child's face, if they see that of their attacker, and misdirect that anger upon the kid.

Good point. Given human nature, that's almost certain to be the case in some instances.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic Bully ☿
Premium Member

Any idea how much money via political contributions these guys rake in with this chit? It's gotta be a big moneymaker. (Just like how corporations buy politicians)

Alceste

Vagabond
Any idea how much money via political contributions these guys rake in with this chit? It's gotta be a big moneymaker. (Just like how corporations buy politicians)

I think they believe it. I don't think it's about money or even votes. Women are abandoning this party by the binderfull.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I think they believe it. I don't think it's about money or even votes. Women are abandoning this party by the binderfull.

Fiscal conservatives need to start distancing themselves from religious fundamentalist if they want a viable political party. As the years progress religious fundamentalism continues to fall out of favor with mainstream society. People are beginning to wake up and see them as the kooky fringe rather than as the norm. They know they can't win people over, which is why they're all about undermining education and mass breeding, to keep their numbers up.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member

Trey of Diamonds

Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration.
~ Abraham Lincoln

Just to muddy the water a little bit. :D

Alceste

Vagabond
Republicans say some pretty racist things.
Report: Obama Inauguration Preacher Says ‘America Is Going To Hell In A Hand Basket’ « CBS Atlanta
Oh, wait....this guy is a Democrat.

What is the exact quote that you would like to add to this archive of stupidity? That "America is going to hell"?

Personally, I'm avoiding the low-hanging fruit of "stupid things partisan religious leaders say" and sticking to quotes made by legislators and aspiring legislators, but to each their own.