• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stuff Republicans say.

Monk Of Reason

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
It depends on the type of Libertarianism. Some of them believe the government should be so minimal that it does not provide education, health care, infrastructure, or defense. Some acknowledge such a position would harm society, and that the state does need to provide at least a few key services, such as primary education and defense. The Libertarianism promoted by the Koch brothers would inherently dissolve the government by eliminating taxes while Milton Friedman, by comparison, had some very generous positions.
The inception of the party was so obviously corrupt and coproately biased I don't know how it got off the ground. Thankfully it has evolved at least a bit to make some sense.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Apparently misusing campaign funds is a great way for a Republican to advance in the party Idaho GOP Party hires former Sen. Larry Craig

He retired in 2009, where he then faced legal battles with the Federal Elections Commission over his use of campaign funds. In September, a federal judge ordered him to pay nearly $242,000 to the U.S. Treasury for improperly using campaign funds to cover legal expenses involving his sex sting.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
Apparently misusing campaign funds is a great way for a Republican to advance in the party Idaho GOP Party hires former Sen. Larry Craig

What do you expect. These are the same people that re-elected Mark Sanford.

Some Mark Sanford trips were taxpayer-paid - Kenneth P. Vogel - POLITICO.com

Mark Sanford disappearance and extramarital affair - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And if that weren't bad enough he had enough nerve to lie and say he was hiking the Appalachian trail when he was actually with his mistress. But once again this narcissist is back in the recent news.....

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/14/us/mark-sanford-mistress-affair-engagement.html

Yeah, "family values"....!!!

tytlyf

Not Religious
Tea party 'patriots' calling for lynching in front of white house. I wonder where these people get their 'news' from. (no wonder there are Austin shooters).

Extra ignorance to top it off. Scary the way these people think. (There is a black tea party patriot in this video)

Last edited:

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
Tea party 'patriots' calling for lynching in front of white house. I wonder where these people get their 'news' from. (no wonder there are Austin shooters).

Extra ignorance to top it off. Scary the way these people think. (There is a black tea party patriot in this video)

Be careful. There's a couple members here who seem to have their doubts about the existence of racism and that Obama, Holder and democrats like playing the "race card"....Sad fact it the two sides of the street shown in you second video shows us who the fundamentalist are. These people are programmed brainwashed sheeple. Seemed the dems, at least in that video, were the more sane level headed ones.

And your first video.....well we already knew many on the right are straight racist and bigots...regardless what they or their defenders try to tell us.....

tytlyf

Not Religious
Be careful. There's a couple members here who seem to have their doubts about the existence of racism and that Obama, Holder and democrats like playing the "race card"....
It's disgusting how the RW media operates with the Obama, Holder, Sharpton, Jackson insinuation everytime. You'll notice that RW media always mentions all of the names together when referring to them, even when the topic at hand has nothing to do with said people. The RW media is appealing to their 'base' and the RW media knows exactly what their base wants and doesn't want to hear. It reminds me of El Blimpy lying all day long about how 'liberals' hate America and that they hate conservatives more than communists. To these people, there is zero common sense.

esmith

Veteran Member
It's disgusting how the RW media operates with the Obama, Holder, Sharpton, Jackson insinuation everytime. You'll notice that RW media always mentions all of the names together when referring to them, even when the topic at hand has nothing to do with said people. The RW media is appealing to their 'base' and the RW media knows exactly what their base wants and doesn't want to hear. It reminds me of El Blimpy lying all day long about how 'liberals' hate America and that they hate conservatives more than communists. To these people, there is zero common sense.

Some of them do not even want to admit that racism is a form of deep conservativism.
Well, little off topic with this reply since the thread is "Stuff Republicans Say". But I thought I would inject a piece by Juan Williams. Yes I know he is a political analyst for Fox News; However, he is a Democrat and does have opposing views about Republicans and conservative. Of course I'm am sure that neither of you will agree with him because he is tainted by his association with FNC. However, maybe you will open your eyes and see that he is his own man, not what you would consider a drone for FNC. So, try and read his opinion on "white liberals".
Sony execs Obama emails: White liberal hypocrisy revealed in all its glory | Fox News

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Well, little off topic with this reply since the thread is "Stuff Republicans Say". But I thought I would inject a piece by Juan Williams. Yes I know he is a political analyst for Fox News; However, he is a Democrat and does have opposing views about Republicans and conservative. Of course I'm am sure that neither of you will agree with him because he is tainted by his association with FNC. However, maybe you will open your eyes and see that he is his own man, not what you would consider a drone for FNC. So, try and read his opinion on "white liberals".
Sony execs Obama emails: White liberal hypocrisy revealed in all its glory | Fox News
I'd want to see these emails than just take them as presented, which is hacked up and pieced together. I don't doubt it happens, but this:
“Should I ask him if he likes’ DJANGO?’” asked Amy Pascal, a Sony Pictures’ co-chair. Scott Rudin, a movie producer, responds: “Or ‘The Butler’… or ‘Ride-Along. ‘ I bet he likes Kevin Hart.”

Where to begin unpacking that powder keg of race and class bigotry?
doesn't really give us much to go with. Not too mention there is nothing of class mentioned other than when Fox inserted it.

esmith

Veteran Member
I'd want to see these emails than just take them as presented, which is hacked up and pieced together. I don't doubt it happens, but this:
“Should I ask him if he likes’ DJANGO?’” asked Amy Pascal, a Sony Pictures’ co-chair. Scott Rudin, a movie producer, responds: “Or ‘The Butler’… or ‘Ride-Along. ‘ I bet he likes Kevin Hart.”

Where to begin unpacking that powder keg of race and class bigotry?
doesn't really give us much to go with. Not too mention there is nothing of class mentioned other than when Fox inserted it.
Would you please explain your comment " Fox inserted it", that is if you can since Fox did not write it they only published it. What really bothers me is the blinders you seem to have on, or is it that if it is associated with FNC it can't be right.Then again maybe what Mr Williams presented a position that white liberals do not think that blacks should take because it disagrees with the liberal orthodoxy. Mr Williams also dealt with other subjects than the hacked Sony email. But your comments seem to reflect a idea that you did not read the entire article. Maybe you did, but your comments do not reflect that you did. So, why don't you just admit it that white liberals are just as racist, if not more so, than whites that do not conform to the liberal orthodoxy.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
It's disgusting how the RW media operates with the Obama, Holder, Sharpton, Jackson insinuation everytime.
Trust me, tytlyf, I don't need the so-called RW media to fuel my distaste for these charlatans... especially Al Sharpton, or Jesse Jackson. "In over his head" Holder is another story altogether. Likewise, the Failure-in-Chief, is an object lesson in so many areas that he is quite possibly going to end up destroying the Democratic Party. Go, Barack, eh? Like, Hillary or Warren in 2016? Seriously?

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
Racism.....Democrats in glass houses should not throw stones.

But who ever said it doesn't exist on both sides?....hey, but I always notice that racism is is put on display someone always tries to make the argument that the other guy does it too.....So is this what we're reduced to....do we always have to have a qualifier when point out observed racism from tea party/republicans...or can we, in a thread dedicated to what republicans say, actually present what they say...as well as how they feel...So no one in this thread is throwing stones if we're in a thread dedicated to what they say and feel....

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
But who ever said it doesn't exist on both sides?....hey, but I always notice that racism is is put on display someone always tries to make the argument that the other guy does it too......
My post was about sanctimony & irony, while you seem to suggest excuse making, which would be an incorrect inference.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Would you please explain your comment " Fox inserted it", that is if you can since Fox did not write it they only published it.
Fox's name is on it.
Then again maybe what Mr Williams presented a position that white liberals do not think that blacks should take because it disagrees with the liberal orthodoxy.
Actually, his "white liberal" this and "white liberal" that makes me wonder if he has a guilty conscious. And there is also the fact that some Hollywood bourgious pukes do not represent all or even average liberals on a whole, and the fact we only have these emails, as presented, that were copy-pasted together. Until the entire article is present, there is no way of knowing the context of the emails. What if DJANGO wasn't mentioned because of Jamie Foxx, but because of the language and violence?
But anyways, in addition, his "conservatives take a break," how he is politicizing racism, is to do a disservice towards combating racism as it focuses on issues other than what should be.

So, why don't you just admit it that white liberals are just as racist,
What really bothers me is the blinders you seem to have on, or is it that if it is associated with FNC it can't be right.
Why don't you just admit that you never really read my post or consider what I type, or you would know how wrong you are about the "blinders" I apparently have on against Fox as I roll out the red carpet for MSNBC.

Last edited:

Midnight Rain

Racism.....Democrats in glass houses should not throw stones.
The very concept of political parties as definable beings of substance is ludicrous. The democratic party was the party of the South during the Civil war. It switched to the more liberal party over the years. However the same basic concepts behind much of the conservative ideologies of the Democratic party of the south during the Civil war is very similar to the backbone of the southern Republican party. But it gets even more complicated than that even.

You simply cannot take a political party from 100 years ago and equate it to its current form. Its hard to take a political party in its current form and make any sweeping accusations as a political party doesn't "exist" per say but is a theoretical framework in which individuals work politically in a semi-organized and semi-united fashion. However we can make some use of this by taking the platforms and votes held by congressional seats on these subjects with respect to specific congresses.

So in this light are the "Democrats" still in a glass house of racism?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The very concept of political parties as definable beings of substance is ludicrous. The democratic party was the party of the South during the Civil war......
You simply cannot take a political party from 100 years ago and equate it to its current form.
I'm not doing that. I'm looking at the party today.
Its hard to take a political party in its current form and make any sweeping accusations as a political party doesn't "exist" per say but is a theoretical framework in which individuals work politically in a semi-organized and semi-united fashion. However we can make some use of this by taking the platforms and votes held by congressional seats on these subjects with respect to specific congresses.
If political parties don't exist, then it would be hard to make a sweeping accusation of racism against Pubs too.
So in this light are the "Democrats" still in a glass house of racism?
Yes, but only the flavor has changed, eg, racial discord panderers like Jesse Jackson & Al Sharpton.