• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Suppose evolution was refuted, then what?

riley2112

lol what??? Impossible. Mormonism wasn;'t invented until the US was discovered, for pete's sake.

where do any of the OT or NT documents mention ANY of these phrases? lol!

And, having modern words inserted corruptly into some decades-recent translation, does not count.
That is one of the things of why I just don't throw the Bible away. It seems to cover about everything. wow. I am going to try and find something that the Bible does not cover. How about you help me out and look for something also. It will give us both something to do when we are bored.:help:

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
That's practically the same thing as asking "How do you know that God exists?"
Not quite. It's more specific.

That answer is very, very long..

Not only am I not prepared to write it, I would suggest that it would be seen as "forum flooding" :D
How terribly convenient.

There's not much point in giving you a 'snippet', just so as you can scoff at it .. we'll do that later in another thread perhaps ;)
Why not now?

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
I have said it before, but it bears repeating,
In my opinion, it shows a distinct lack of faith if one finds it necessary to deny or twist logic and known facts in order to "prove" the existence of a deity.

riley2112

I have said it before, but it bears repeating,
In my opinion, it shows a distinct lack of faith if one finds it necessary to deny or twist logic and known facts in order to "prove" the existence of a deity.
As much as I dislike agreeing with you on this I do. I really don't understand why any one with faith in God feels they need to twist anything. It is almost like they are thinking , oh no they may prove me wrong. They really should not worry about it , because no one can prove God does not exist. Now proving some of the things one may believe about God could be proven wrong , but that is about it.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
The problem IMHO is that they put their faith in the Bible... not in God. They have to defend the book because they can't have faith without it.

wa:do

riley2112

The problem IMHO is that they put their faith in the Bible... not in God. They have to defend the book because they can't have faith without it.

wa:do
Ok , so they put their faith in the Bible. Have you read the Bible? I mean , how would you know which part to put your faith into?

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
I'm sure there's a thread with a more suitable topic than "the refutation of evolution" ..
As I say, I don't refute it, myself .. why are you in so much haste?

Because, when people claim to possess something and yet are so reluctant to present it, it indicates to me that they are nothing but dishonest.

muhammad_isa

Veteran Member
Because, when people claim to possess something and yet are so reluctant to present it, it indicates to me that they are nothing but dishonest.

I can teach reasonable people what I know .. I'm not interested in "scrapping with vultures" .. some people don't have proper respect for others.
Not surprising, really .. they don't even show respect to a (possible) higher authority than themselves!
Patience is a virtue..

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
I can teach reasonable people what I know .. I'm not interested in "scrapping with vultures" .. some people don't have proper respect for others.
So, instead of presenting evidence when asked, you're just going to insult us?

That doesn't seem to help your case any.

Not surprising, really .. they don't even show respect to a (possible) higher authority than themselves!
Yep, being condescending, presumptive, arrogant and insulting isn't going to get you anywhere I'm afraid. Why don't you stop being so defensive and just present the evidence? What are you so afraid of?

Patience is a virtue..
I'm plenty patient. I've waited 24 years for evidence of God, and thus far nobody has been able to present it. You claimed to have "reams" of it, and I've asked you for just one, single example that you are now refusing to explain. There's a point at which patience has to run dry, and that point came about several pages ago with you.

muhammad_isa

Veteran Member
That doesn't seem to help your case any.

My case?
My case is with Almighty God .. I have no need to prove anything to anyone.
I do, however, have a duty to teach others who are interested in learning .. if that means 'putting up with the vultures', so be it..

This thread is about "the refutation of evolution".
Almighty God is the Evolver, the Shaper from nought. It is 'He' who has arranged the universe to be in equilibrium ..

Life has not evolved without an arranger .. there is indeed a 'higher meaning' to life.
There are long-term consequences for our actions, just as there are consequences right now, for burning to many 'fossil fuels' ..

McBell

Admiral Obvious
My case?
I do, however, have a duty to teach others who are interested in learning .. if that means 'putting up with the vultures', so be it..

Almighty God is the Evolver, the Shaper from nought. It is 'He' who has arranged the universe to be in equilibrium ..

Life has not evolved without an arranger .. there is indeed a 'higher meaning' to life.
There are long-term consequences for our actions, just as there are consequences right now, for burning to many 'fossil fuels' ..
Thank you for this fine explanation.

now that I know you are here on RF merely to blow smoke up everyone's arse...

riley2112

My case?

Do you really want to help others learn of God. If you do may I ask what is with the attitude that you are above others. I have found that most people that thinks they are better than others are mostly frighted people inside that just needs a little understanding. I too believe in God. But understand that being humble is the teachings of Christ. I believe you will be received better if you humble yourself. Just saying.

Last edited:

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
My case?
Then why on earth are you on a religious debate forum? This kind of nonsense simply doesn't fly here. If you make a claim, support it with evidence.

So what you're saying is that you're not here to debate, you're here to to preach.

Prove it, then.

Again, prove it.

What does that have to do with anything?

riley2112

Not "prove", but provide sufficient scientific evidence, can you do that?

Oh, you need faith. :facepalm: Well, faith as I define it plays no role in my life and it saddens me that many people feel the need to have faith. Because with faith you can't determine reality from fantasy, or god A over god B, and it's utterly useless.
Faith plays no role in your life. Come on you know you don't mean that. Faith is a daily necessity whether one is getting married, taking a job, struggling with an illness, or overcoming a handicap. Because without faith there can be no hope and with no hope there is no life worth living.I am not talking about God here, just faith, faith in yourself, in your family , hell even in your fellow man. You got faith in science don't you?

riley2112

But I don't claim to know that these things aren't true. And why would you base anything on faith? Faith is not a pathway to truth.
I don't know about that, I had faith that I could walk again and not only am I walking but I can out run most people I know. I had faith Angela would marry me , and I am now married. Faith have given me the strength to realize truth in a way that would not have been possible any other way. Faith is not always about God. It is about believing something that other tell you is wrong or not going to happen.But faith can give you the strenth to make what you want happen when all else is against you. Come to think of it maybe it does have to do with God.

muhammad_isa

Veteran Member
Then why on earth are you on a religious debate forum?

To debate about religion? ;)

Prove it, then.
. . .
Again, prove it.

How would you like me to do that? Do you have a conscience?
Can't you do anything for yourself?
Do you think that I just 'pluck' my understandings from thin air, or just follow other people without thought?

If you don't agree that there is 'One' superior to mankind, that's your affair..