• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Suppression of Free Speech on Covid

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
You're incorrect.

I know.

That's new. Previously, you were implying that your region was largely unaffected.

Good answer.

I never claimed otherwise.

Those wouldn't be the nurses sent home if indeed there were any. I can't take your claims at face value. As you say, you are uninterested, and don't pay attention to detail, such as how many articles I linked to, when that article was written, or the fact that your region was severely affected by the pandemic and that you seemed to be unaware of it until now. Those kinds of errors in rapid succession undermine your credibility regarding what you think happened in your community and why.
Whatever you say.

Kathryn

You're incorrect.

I know.

That's new. Previously, you were implying that your region was largely unaffected.
I didn't say that. The whole world was affected. The whole world's economy was affected. What I said was that Smith County was never overwhelmed with COVID patients and it wasn't.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
I believe you listed three articles and only one was from Smith County, TX. But I am uniniterested enough not to go back and double check that.
This often seems to happen when you're confronted with information that doesn't fit your narrative.
You suddenly become uninterested and you don't care.
So one of the articles was from August 2021 - nearly a year after September 2020 which is when I broke my elbow. A lot can happen in a year, as we all know. And nope, sorry but the nurses I know were sent home because well, because they were sent home, not because they had COVID or were repurposed elsewhere where needed. Sorry.
You told me you had no idea why the nurses and staff were sent home. Now all of a sudden you're sure it's not because they had COVID, or were re-purposed elsewhere. All of that in spite of what the articles tell us.

The information you seek is in the articles provided to you about the area of the world you live in. For some reason, you refuse to acknowledge it.
But yes, I would definitely say that COVID impacted my hospital stay negatively.
Didn't you tell us earlier that it didn't?

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
What I said was that Smith County was never overwhelmed with COVID patients and it wasn't.
You were wrong, and despite being shown that, you're still unaware.

What you've demonstrated here is that you were unaware of the devastation around you even when it impacted you and even though it was reported in local news as I tried in vain to share with you.

You said that you were uninterested, but you didn't need to. Two of us here on RF now know more about what was going on around you than you did then or now based on information that was available on the Internet, and that means available to you as well. But you weren't interested then or now.

I'm good with that. It doesn't matter to others how little you know or how resistant you are to learning if it doesn't matter to you.

Kathryn

You were wrong, and despite being shown that, you're still unaware.

What you've demonstrated here is that you were unaware of the devastation around you even when it impacted you and even though it was reported in local news as I tried in vain to share with you.

You said that you were uninterested, but you didn't need to. Two of us here on RF now know more about what was going on around you than you did then or now based on information that was available on the Internet, and that means available to you as well. But you weren't interested then or now.

I'm good with that. It doesn't matter to others how little you know or how resistant you are to learning if it doesn't matter to you.
Wow, I was there. I was in the hospital in September of 2020. I lived in a gated neighborhood with multiple health care workers who worked at the major hospitals, and who were home - with pay. But whatever you say.

Kathryn

The available facts appear to contradict your personal experiences, as said poster already noted.
Well, I'm not very upset for several reasons - first of all, this is online and so it doesn't upset me, and second of all, this thread is mainly made up of people who believe everything they're told anyway.

Kathryn

This often seems to happen when you're confronted with information that doesn't fit your narrative.
You suddenly become uninterested and you don't care.

You told me you had no idea why the nurses and staff were sent home. Now all of a sudden you're sure it's not because they had COVID, or were re-purposed elsewhere. All of that in spite of what the articles tell us.

The information you seek is in the articles provided to you about the area of the world you live in. For some reason, you refuse to acknowledge it.

Didn't you tell us earlier that it didn't?
Right, I wasn't there. Meanwhile, you will notice that most of my remarks about not caring are on this thread or on COVID threads in general. Because you're right in this sense, I don't care.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Well, I'm not very upset for several reasons - first of all, this is online and so it doesn't upset me
I'm not trying to upset you.
, and second of all, this thread is mainly made up of people who believe everything they're told anyway.
Oh, is it?

Weird how I don't believe what you're telling me because it doesn't match up with the available data then, isn't it?

Kathryn

I'm not trying to upset you.

Oh, is it?

Weird how I don't believe what you're telling me because it doesn't match up with the available data then, isn't it?
Weird how you reach for online data when I was there and saw it play out in real life. Not only was I in the hospital, I was also very active in the community. But I do get why you're going for selective data rather than the testimony of others.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Weird how you reach for online data when I was there and saw it play out in real life. Not only was I in the hospital, I was also very active in the community.
You just told me this thread is filled with people who just believe what they're told. And now you're admonishing me for "reaching for online data." Make up your mind.

Again, the online data disputes your anecdotal claims. That's why we stick with the empirical data.

I'm already aware that human beings are capable of making all kinds of errors in thinking and in perception and this has only helped illustrate that, in my opinion.
But I do get why you're going for selective data rather than the testimony of others.
If I went with your anecdotes, I'd be relying on selective stories.
I'm doing the opposite of that.

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Weird how you reach for online data
Weird how you don't even when it is spoon-fed to you.
I was there and saw it play out in real life.
That doesn't mean that you understood what you saw and heard, and since what you report here contradicts your local news, it suggests that you didn't. You haven't addressed my request that you reconcile the two. Do you not understand how that is understood by others? Maybe you aren't interested.
I lived in a gated neighborhood with multiple health care workers who worked at the major hospitals, and who were home - with pay.
So what? And why should you be believed after you've shown so little interest or awareness in what's going on around you.
I do get why you're going for selective data rather than the testimony of others.
Do you think your testimony throws that ER doc's comments into doubt? If so, you are mistaken. His comments throw yours into doubt. His comments indicate that you were unaware of what was going on in Smith County, and your posting on this thread indicates that you still are.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Weird how you reach for online data when I was there and saw it play out in real life. Not only was I in the hospital, I was also very active in the community. But I do get why you're going for selective data rather than the testimony of others.
I too was very active during the pandemic and worked in the Duke Hospital and later in assisted living facility and I have had COVID twice and currently have Long COVID since June of 2022. I taught Medical English at the largest Chinese Medical Universities during SARS epidemic. I also have a good academic background in the sciences related to the COVID viruses and the vaccines Experience can lead to knowledge if you do not have an agenda,

Valid academic sources and data cannot be legitimately ignored simply based on experience.

Kathryn

I too was very active during the pandemic and worked in the Duke Hospital and later in assisted living facility and I have had COVID twice and currently have Long COVID since June of 2022. I taught Medical English at the largest Chinese Medical Universities during SARS epidemic. I also have a good academic background in the sciences related to the COVID viruses and the vaccines Experience can lead to knowledge if you do not have an agenda,

Valid academic sources and data cannot be legitimately ignored simply based on experience.
I realize that and that's why I said what I said.

Kathryn

Weird how you don't even when it is spoon-fed to you.

That doesn't mean that you understood what you saw and heard, and since what you report here contradicts your local news, it suggests that you didn't. You haven't addressed my request that you reconcile the two. Do you not understand how that is understood by others? Maybe you aren't interested.

So what? And why should you be believed after you've shown so little interest or awareness in what's going on around you.

Do you think your testimony throws that ER doc's comments into doubt? If so, you are mistaken. His comments throw yours into doubt. His comments indicate that you were unaware of what was going on in Smith County, and your posting on this thread indicates that you still are.
Sorry you feel that way.

Kathryn

You just told me this thread is filled with people who just believe what they're told. And now you're admonishing me for "reaching for online data." Make up your mind.

Again, the online data disputes your anecdotal claims. That's why we stick with the empirical data.

I'm already aware that human beings are capable of making all kinds of errors in thinking and in perception and this has only helped illustrate that, in my opinion.

If I went with your anecdotes, I'd be relying on selective stories.
I'm doing the opposite of that.
No one interviewed me but that's fine.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Right. I am.
That is a problem using your anecdotal 'personal' experience to evaluate academic sources and data concerning the nature of the pandemic and the related vaccines.

'Black Box' references are are not objective, and smells like Fundamentalist Christian invented negative use of 'Black Box.' Still have not explained your use of 'Black Box' label(?) in any constructive meaningful way.