• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Suppression of Free Speech on Covid

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
That is a problem using your anecdotal 'personal' experience to evaluate academic sources and data concerning the nature of the pandemic and the related vaccines.

'Black Box' references are are not objective, and smells like Fundamentalist Christian invented negative use of 'Black Box.' Still have not explained your use of 'Black Box' label(?) in any constructive meaningful way.
You can look it up if you care to do so. It was many years ago for me and frankly, I don't want to look it up for you.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Black box label. It is not part of some crazy right wing anything. Actually though it is a label, I think the correct terminology is "black box warning."
The use of the term 'Black Box is historically a creation of fundamentalist anti-science view.

I still question you taking a medicine with a 'black box' warning? label?

Kathryn

The use of the term 'Black Box is historically a creation of fundamentalist anti-science view.

I had never had any reaction to any sort of medication. Period. I took it because the side effects were rare.

Here, even though I don't want to do it, I will make your life easier by posting sources.

There are many, many more if you would like those, or better yet, you can easily google it. These are just the first ones that popped up. According to the second one, you can also look up Boxed Warning.

My work here is DONE! LOL

sew.excited73

Wendy-Anne - I am Dutch/British
"Snort! Snort! ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!"
IMG_0439.jpeg

Pogo

No, it is just a term for a define able process when you don't know how it works internally.
I'm sure it has gained perjorative uses but originally no,

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
No, it is just a term for a define able process when you don't know how it works internally.
I'm sure it has gained perjorative uses but originally no,
I disagree, old meanings have long ago faded, The idea that the Black Box not knowing how something works internally is recently far more commonly used in an anti-science perspective as @Kathryn is using it as science does not know how medicines work in the same context like against evolution.

Pogo

I disagree, old meanings have long ago faded, The idea that the Black Box not knowing how something works internally is recently far more commonly used in an anti-science perspective as @Kathryn is using it as science does not know how medicines work in the same context like against evolution.
Well that is actually the original meaning of an unknown process. That science deniers misuse it to excuse their cognitive disonance is a function of that. The black box label is just a warning label that has the same name.

sew.excited73

Wendy-Anne - I am Dutch/British
That is nice, but just your saying it is not justification for three hours of my time.o
And rather than a summary you give us a platitude from a self help guru. LOL
I am afraid it cannot be summarised as each message builds on the next, and if I were to summarise I would certainly muddy the waters and dilute the conclusion people come to. If you don’t want to listen to the whole thing, I don’t blame you, but I don’t want to debate this topic with people who don’t have the whole story, as this guy is explaining things in a way I could never do justice myself (I know my own weaknesses and when I have been beaten ;), and I, for one, am not afraid to admit to it).

Kathryn

I am not against evolution or medicine for the record.

Pogo

I am afraid it cannot be summarised as each message builds on the next, and if I were to summarise I would certainly muddy the waters and dilute the conclusion people come to. If you don’t want to listen to the whole thing, I don’t blame you, but I don’t want to debate this topic with people who don’t have the whole story, as this guy is explaining things in a way I could never do justice myself (I know my own weaknesses and when I have been beaten ;), and I, for one, am not afraid to admit to it).
Never mind, I watched 30 sec, long enough to see that this was going to be at best an infomercial and that the person was

Whose claims are garden variety quackery, he might be a competent cardiologist and even have a point on stations but the vaccines are so far out of his expertise that there is no way I would put up with hours of Joe Rogan.

Kathryn

Well that is actually the original meaning of an unknown process. That science deniers misuse it to excuse their cognitive disonance is a function of that. The black box label is just a warning label that has the same name.
I agree. I didn't even know about cognitive dissonance or whatever. I'm just using the terminology that is commonly used.