• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Suppression of Free Speech on Covid

Little Dragon

Technically England already has a de-facto theocracy
Technically that is correct, as the monarch (King Charles III) is head of state and is also head of the Anglican church. However you mean the United Kingdom. England is not a nation state. It is a region or country, within the United Kingdom.

Little Dragon

Democracy is meaningless when every vote is a vote for an agent of the Crown and the Crown has prejudice against the natural rights of the people
Parliament is not an agent of the Crown. Parliament is sovereign. The Crown is a constitutional construct.

Ebionite

Quite. Hence irrelevant for the purposes of creating law/legislation.
The relevance is evident from the theistic nature of the common law, as shown from Blackstone's commentaries and Black's dictionary of law. Sorry you got taught crap at law school but them's the facts, guvnor.

Ebionite

I disagree still. You have no facts to offer sir.
Except for the ones that you ignored, of course. Your responses is consistent with the prejudice of the Crown against the law of Moses (ten commandments etc). This prejudice existed from the time of King Alfred the Great, and related to idolatry amongst other things.

I've shown supporting text from Blackstone, Black's dictionary of law, King Alfred's dooms/judgements, associations in language, heraldry (Daniel's lion), and a prophecy that connects Ephraim (grandson of Jacob/Israel) to the Commonwealth.

Ebionite

BBC reporting the official position rather than what Andrew Bridgen was saying in Parliament about excess deaths.

Ebionite

Former TV presenter Liz Gunn published a video update yesterday describing an instance of one clinic in New Zealand where 30 people received a covid injection and all 30 of them have died, within the same time frame.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Here:

COVID-19 misinformation[edit]​

Further information: COVID-19 misinformation and COVID-19 vaccine misinformation and hesitancy
The Exposé has falsely linked the COVID-19 vaccines to AIDS,[12] miscarriages,[17] monkeypox[22] and hepatitis.[23] The website has also downplayed the number of deaths due to COVID-19 in the United Kingdom[24][25] and falsely claimed that the vaccines are causing mass deaths.[30]

In June 2021, The Exposé falsely claimed that Public Health England (PHE) data proved that more vaccinated people were dying due to COVID-19 than unvaccinated people. The website's claim was debunked by the BBC, Full Fact and Reuters.[31][32][33] The claim was later cited in a Sky News Australia broadcast by host Alan Jones and politician Craig Kelly; Sky News Australia subsequently removed the broadcast and issued a correction on its website.[34]

In October 2021, The Exposé used data published by the UK Health Security Agency (UKHSA), which misleadingly indicated that COVID-19 infection rates were higher among fully-vaccinated than unvaccinated people, to falsely claim in several articles that the vaccines were not only ineffective but were also causing vaccinated people to develop AIDS "much faster than anticipated".[3][9] The articles were widely shared on social media across the world,[3][9] and one such article was cited by Before It's News, a fake news website,[35] which was subsequently used as a source by Brazilian president Jair Bolsonaro in a speech.[3][9][2] The video of Bolsonaro's speech was removed from Facebook, Instagram and YouTube for violating their policies regarding COVID-19 vaccines.[36][37][38]

In March 2022, The Exposé falsely claimed that a study proved "beyond a reasonable doubt" that COVID-19 had been created by Moderna.[6][39][40] The study, which was published in the Frontiers in Virology research journal, said that Moderna had patented a 19 nucleotide genetic sequence uniquely matching a part of the SARS-CoV-2 spike protein three years prior to the pandemic, arguing it was evidence that the virus was manufactured as part of a lab leak conspiracy.[6][40] The study has been widely derided for its misunderstanding of statistical likelihood, particularly as the 19 nucleotide sequence is not unique to SARS-CoV-2, and is also found in organisms like bacteria and birds.[40][41] The Exposé's article was republished by Chinese state media outlets, including China Daily and Global Times,[2][6] and was shared on Twitter by a counselor for the Chinese Ministry of Foreign Affairs' Department of Information.[2][42]

In July 2022, The Exposé posted a graph indicating that 94% of deaths due to COVID-19 in England between April 1 and May 31 were among those who were vaccinated.[43][44] The graph was widely shared on social media.[43] Reuters and Lead Stories found that the statistic by itself was misleading as it failed to acknowledge the country's vaccination rate.[43][44]

In September 2022, The Exposé falsely claimed that the COVID-19 vaccines contain graphene oxide.
[45] -- The Exposé - Wikipedia

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
All I know is that because I was traveling so much internationally, I took three "vaccines" (still got COVID). I didn't take anymore because the last one I took (not the first two) gave me a headache that didn't go away for FOUR DAYS. Y'all. I can't be sick for FOUR DAYS. Ain't nobody got time fo dat. Anyway, I got COVID anyway, and was prescribed something or other, can't recall the name but it was the same medication Biden took. I felt OK till I started taking the meds, which I took for one day. The side effects were exactly the same as COVID so it was hard to tell the difference but as soon as the meds were out of my system (I'm figuring a few hours, maybe up to 12 hours), I felt much better, and by the third day I was fever free and felt fine. I had a lingering cough for a few more days and then that was it. Believe me, I've felt a lot worse in my life than when I had COVID but my point was that I still got it. Didn't take the meds as prescribed at all. Oh, and the doctor told me that Biden took it and had a relapse a few days later so expect that but since I stopped taking the meds after one day, I didn't relapse either.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
All I know is that because I was traveling so much internationally, I took three "vaccines" (still got COVID). I didn't take anymore because the last one I took (not the first two) gave me a headache that didn't go away for FOUR DAYS. Y'all. I can't be sick for FOUR DAYS. Ain't nobody got time fo dat. Anyway, I got COVID anyway, and was prescribed something or other, can't recall the name but it was the same medication Biden took. I felt OK till I started taking the meds, which I took for one day. The side effects were exactly the same as COVID so it was hard to tell the difference but as soon as the meds were out of my system (I'm figuring a few hours, maybe up to 12 hours), I felt much better, and by the third day I was fever free and felt fine. I had a lingering cough for a few more days and then that was it. Believe me, I've felt a lot worse in my life than when I had COVID but my point was that I still got it. Didn't take the meds as prescribed at all. Oh, and the doctor told me that Biden took it and had a relapse a few days later so expect that but since I stopped taking the meds after one day, I didn't relapse either.
The vaccine doesn't prevent your getting Covid.
It's useful because it greatly reduces the risk
of severity. Who knows how bad your Covid
symptoms would've been without vaccination, eh.

Kathryn

Oh, I took Paxlovid I believe and I am 61. I think I was 60 when I got COVID. Can't recall the exact dates. It was a big fat nothing burger for me.

Kathryn

The vaccine doesn't prevent your getting Covid.
It's useful because it greatly reduces the risk
of severity. Who knows how bad your Covid
symptoms would've been without vaccination, eh.
Yeah, who knows. Oh well, I haven't taken another one.

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
Traveling as much as you do considerably increases your risk. The vaccine is helpful in that it may mitigate severe or lingering symptoms while reducing the overall risk of infection.

I question the strategy of political posturing when making medical decisions but that's just me. I prefer the science.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Yeah, who knows. Oh well, I haven't taken another one.
I know quite a few who eschewed vaccination.
Some have died from Covid. Some were hospitalized
with it. And some had only mild symptoms.
But of the vaccinated people I know, none died
or endured hospital food.
So ya buys yer ticket, & takes yer chances.
The odds are simply much better with the shot.

Kathryn

Traveling as much as you do considerably increases your risk. The vaccine is helpful in that it may mitigate severe or lingering symptoms while reducing the overall risk of infection.

I question the strategy of political posturing when making medical decisions but that's just me. I prefer the science.
I'm not "politically posturing" - just saying what my own personal experiences were, and going by that.