• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Suppression of Free Speech on Covid

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Here in the Detroit area, we got hit hard when Covid broke out early on, so here most people appear to have gotten vaxed as soon as it was available, including my wife and I. We then caught covid a year & a 1/2 ago with minor symptoms.

IOW, the vaccines do work but nothing is perfect.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
My condolences, I wonder if there was some complication that allowed for that to happen. It seems like an outlier (albeit a sad one).
Thanks. Six in ten COVID deaths were among vaccinated and/or boosted people according to my research.

Kathryn

I know more loony fundies & conspiracy theorists than you do.
It's like Darwin is reaching from the grave to make them into
statistics.
You may, who knows. Anyway, she was neither and didn't expect to die from COVID. But she did.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
You may, who knows. Anyway, she was neither and didn't expect to die from COVID. But she did.
Vaccination has probabilistic effects. There are no
guarantees...only likely epidemiological outcomes.
It's analogous to a motorcyclist wearing a helmet.
A helmeted rider can still die in an accident.
(I knew one who did.)
But the odds of becoming an organ donor are greatly reduced.

Do you think that 1 vaccinated person dying
from Covid is reason to avoid vaccination?

Last edited:

Kathryn

Vaccination has probabilistic effects. There
are no guarantees...only likely epidemiological outcomes.
It's analogous to a motorcyclist wearing a helmet.
A helmeted rider can still die in an accident.
(I knew one who did.)
But the odds of becoming an organ donor are greatly reduced.

Do you think that 1 vaccinated person dying
from Covid is reason to avoid vaccination?
No. But six in ten deaths from COVID are among fully vaccinated and/or boosted people. Doesn't seem all that effective but who knows. I gave my reasons not to continue with the vaccines though when I got COVID I was fully vaccinated and boosted so there's that. My reasons had absolutely nothing to do with this particular person for the record.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
No. But six in ten deaths from COVID are among fully vaccinated and/or boosted people.
Links?

Doesn't seem all that effective but who knows.
Epidemiologists do.
Also immunologists.
I gave my reasons not to continue with the vaccines though when I got COVID I was fully vaccinated and boosted so there's that. My reasons had absolutely nothing to do with this particular person for the record.
I don't object to you being un-vaxed.
But I'm addressing the general case.
You may even ride a motorcycle without
a helmet if you want. I'll allow it.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Thanks. Six in ten COVID deaths were among vaccinated and/or boosted people according to my research.
So what? It appears that you are not doing your math correctly. What you need to do is to compare properly taking all of the percentages of the population into consideration. You need to take into consideration the percentage vaccinated along with age. When it comes to the elderly, those most at risk, the percentage rate of the vaccinated is much higher than it is among younger people. Younger people are not at nearly as much risk as the elderly. When it comes to the elderly the fully vaccinated are up to 94%. If the vaccine did not work they should be 94% of those that die. Instead you said that their numbers were 64%. That indicates that one is about ten times less likely to die from covid if one is elderly and vaccinated.

That sounds like the vaccinations are working pretty good to me.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
If one looks only at that figure...6/10 Covid deaths
are in the vaccinated population, it could mislead.
It's like traffic deaths...most are near one's home.
Is it more dangerous to be near home?
No...it's just where most people are.

Your link explains the 6/10 figure, & actually supports vaccination.
Excerpted link....
What explains the rising share of COVID-19 deaths among vaccinated people?

There are several factors at play here, including a rising share of the population that is vaccinated, waning immune protection and low uptake of boosters, and changes in immunity among the unvaccinated. New variants combined with a reduction in masking and other non-pharmaceutical interventions may also lead to more transmission, which can in turn lead to more deaths.

During the early rollout of vaccines, vaccinated people represented a small share of total deaths, but experts warned that the share would likely rise simply because vaccinated people were representing a growing share of the population. In other words, if 100% of people in the U.S. were vaccinated, vaccinated people would represent 100% of COVID-19 deaths. Similarly, as the share of the population with a booster rose somewhat during 2022, the share of deaths among boosted people also rose. COVID-19 vaccines are very effective at preventing severe illness and death, but they are not perfect, so deaths among vaccinated people will still occur.

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
What is your conclusion?

Ebionite

COVID-19 misinformation
Like safe and effective, you mean?

"Health Canada expects sponsors to identify any biologically functional DNA sequences within a plasmid (such as an SV40 enhancer) at the time of submission," Health Canada's email read to The Epoch Times. The manufacturer failed to disclose the existence of the SV40 sequence in the DNA sequence of the shot.

The polyomavirus simian virus 40 (SV40) is a known oncogenic DNA virus which induces primary brain and bone cancers, malignant mesothelioma, and lymphomas in laboratory animals. Persuasive evidence now indicates that SV40 is causing infections in humans today and represents an emerging pathogen.

Ebionite

My condolences, I wonder if there was some complication that allowed for that to happen. It seems like an outlier (albeit a sad one).
A cluster of thirty dead from the same clinic on the same day isn't an outlier.

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member

Ebionite

It is a single individual talking into the camera is not what I would call a source. Anyone can do that.
Not all individuals have a history as a television presenter and are the leader of a minor political party. They have more skin in the game.

Ebionite

As a leader of a political party, they are more prone to having a politically motivated bias. Now I am even more suspicious.
And you think that potential for bias doesn't exist with the politicians who said that it was safe and effective?