• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tampons too "woke" for conservatives.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Credit where credit is due: despite the reactionary objections from people in his own party, the sponsor of the bill is also a Republican:

“It’s not a lot of money in the state’s budget,” bill sponsor state Rep. Rod Furniss (R) said in committee Thursday. “Today is a step to preserve womanhood, to give it a chance to start right, to not be embarrassed or feel alienated or ashamed, or to feel like they need to stay home from school due to period poverty.”

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Credit where credit is due: despite the reactionary objections from people in his own party, the sponsor of the bill is also a Republican:

The impression I got from the article was more of 'cheapness' than 'anti-wokeness'. Not saying there was none, but it seems more like classic penny pinching.

I don't remember ever being offered free feminine hygiene products in school. There were dispensers in the restroom(which you had to pay a few coins for), or if you were truly in a bind, you could go to the nurse's office and ask for such(and would be given it).

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

Yea exactly. The article is poorly written as it appears to imply all Republicans are against it until you read it further in.

I see no problem with it. It appears they can afford it and a comfortable student is a student than can focus on learning more with less worries over their body functions.

We Never Know

No Slack

These backwater dopes will be this nation's undoing.

I may be a little off point here but......

In public bathrooms they shouldn't be offered.

Now I say that because some here think stand up urinals in public bathrooms should be done away with because they are sexist, only one sex uses them...... Well only one sex uses tampons.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member

Now I say that because some here think stand up urinals in public bathrooms should be done away with because they are sexist, only one sex uses them...... Well only one sex uses tampons.
I've never heard this before. Who? Where?

If true it's petty and vindictive and wouldn't help with or solve anything.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

Eh?

images (7).jpeg

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner

Men can pee in a regular toilet and do not require urinals.
How about an argument that actually works?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I've never heard this before. Who? Where?

If true it's petty and vindictive and wouldn't help with or solve anything.
It happened here sometime ago. I said urinals do not make a restroom unisex and men don't have to have one and can pee in the same toilet women do. It's a toilet, it works for both. A urinal doesn't.
And then a herd of members (you can probably think of some of them just reading this thread), all men, got their panties in a wad and started acting like a bunch of whiney *****es and were screaming I hate men, don't care about men's issues, and the stupidity even included this moronic claim I'm trying to make men like women.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
In Europe they are machines outside most chemists and in a lot of toilets
Years and years ago they were available in some gas station toilets. Only the men's of course. And they were about a quarter each. Multiply that by six or so to account for inflation. Here is a 1988 article about a man that serviced such machines. If you are clever you can get around the pay wall:

But the history of them is much older than that. It references some from the 1920's when the main concern was avoiding syphilis.

And those machines first appeared in Europe in 1928 according to Wikipedia:

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Years and years ago they were available in some gas station toilets. Only the men's of course. And they were about a quarter each. Multiply that by six or so to account for inflation. Here is a 1988 article about a man that serviced such machines. If you are clever you can get around the pay wall:

But the history of them is much older than that. It references some from the 1920's when the main concern was avoiding syphilis.

And those machines first appeared in Europe in 1928 according to Wikipedia:

It was a job for the out of work go getter. Working for Durex driving around filling up the machines and banking the cash, the job even provided a company car.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I am all for this. As the article points out, they already provide toilet paper, hot soap and water, and paper towels or dyers to bathrooms. This is just another necessary product of hygiene. But I do question one statistic that they used:

" The Idaho Period Project estimated that three in four East Idaho students missed class due to lack of access to menstrual products."

Assuming that the school is coed that would mean that almost all of the girls and at least half of the boys missed class due to the lack of tampons or pads. Excuse me for not believing that statistic.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
I am all for this. As the article points out, they already provide toilet paper, hot soap and water, and paper towels or dyers to bathrooms. This is just another necessary product of hygiene. But I do question one statistic that they used:

" The Idaho Period Project estimated that three in four East Idaho students missed class due to lack of access to menstrual products."

Assuming that the school is coed that would mean that almost all of the girls and at least half of the boys missed class due to the lack of tampons or pads. Excuse me for not believing that statistic.
Perhaps they meant 3 out of 4 female students?
And merely presumed the reader would assume as such :shrug: