• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Taylor Swift?

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Pop has long been a mainstream and highly... popular genre, and Taylor Swift is another example in a long line of successful pop singers, although I'm not familiar enough with her work or interviews to have an opinion on why she's so popular compared to most other pop singers.

I find myself liking relatively few songs belonging to the genre, but I suppose the catchy tunes, often-trendy lyrics, and relatability of many of the themes in pop music to many people's lives is part of its enduring popularity and mainstream appeal.

Personally, I far prefer heavy metal, but much like my favorite movie genre (horror), I know it is niche nowadays. I don't mind that in the slightest, though. :D

HonestJoe

No offense intended, but why? I just don't get it.
No offense intended, but so what?

There isn't any art that appeals to everyone, or even necessarily the majority. I'm not great fan of Swift, if only because I'm not a great fan of her style of music in general (I'm not at all in her core demographic anyway, like you I suspect). I'm not going to buy any of her stuff but I'm not switching over if it comes on the radio. I can recognise that she's good at what she does, both in the singing and song-writing and the performance, image and marketing side of her industry and seeing anyone being successful and apparently happy is a good thing regardless.

I don't really get the rabid fans of anything or anyone but I'm even more confused by people who go out of their way to dislike someone.

Altfish

Veteran Member
No offense intended, but why? I just don't get it.

(Full disclosure: I never understood the Elvis or Beetles craze either.)
My daughter, wife, granddaughter love her, I think she is a great role model for young girls.
Not fussed about her music but more power to her.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I'm trying to have a discussion about the topic you're saying you started the thread about. Why bother with the thread in the first place if you didn't actually want to discuss anything?
Sometimes a poster cannot merely post in a thread to
express disinterest. Gotta create one for that purpose.

Now, for everyone's listening pleasure,
a favorite performance from someone
I'd hate to ever make angry....

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
I'm trying to have a discussion about the topic you're saying you started the thread about. Why bother with the thread in the first place if you didn't actually want to discuss anything?
It seemed to me that you were trying your hand at "clever" pedantic semantic nitpicking, As you've surmised, I have zero interest in such a discussion. Have a great week.

Dan From Smithville

Monsters! Monsters from the id! Forbidden Planet
Staff member
Premium Member
I couldn't name one Taylor Swift song if I had too, but I'm sure by now I've heard part of or all of one.

As near as I can determine, she sings about all the guys that have done her wrong in high school.