• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

tea parties?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
If i could I'd also give that a winner frube.
I'm with you 100%, mince pies suck
I have never had a mincemeat pie.

The closest that I have had is a "shepherd's pie" (not really since it used beef instead of lamb) But that is not what I think of as a "pie". I have also had Finnish pasties which seem to be very similar to British ones. Those are actually a bit more pie like, since they have a real crust.

And I am about to put a frozen cherry pie in the oven right now.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I have never had a mincemeat pie.

The closest that I have had is a "shepherd's pie" (not really since it used beef instead of lamb) But that is not what I think of as a "pie". I have also had Finnish pasties which seem to be very similar to British ones. Those are actually a bit more pie like, since they have a real crust.

And I am about to put a frozen cherry pie in the oven right now.

Mincemeat is for dessert, sweet, packed with various dried fruits, spices and alcohol. Often served with thick cream.
It usually no longer (for hundreds of years) contains meat though it can still be bought in gourmet stores as traditional mincemeat

Minced meat is, well you know, minced meat.

Last edited:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Mincemeat is for dessert, sweet, packed with various dried fruits, spices and alcohol. Often served with thick cream.
It usually no longer (for hundreds of years) contains meat though it can still be bought in gourmet stores as traditional mincemeat

I got that, my response was due to mincemeat originally having meat in it. I was wondering how much of it was "meat" I thought that it might be almost all meat, but now it appears not to be the case. I suppose they may have been popular when the only fruits that one could get over the long winters and until new ones matured was dried fruit.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara

Mincemeat and minced meat. Who says the English language is difficult?! :joycat: