• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

tea parties?

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
It is not too late to make a traditional English trifle:

“First, there’s a layer of lady fingers, then a layer of jam, then custard, which I made from scratch, then raspberries, more ladyfingers, then beef sautéed with peas and onions, more custard, and then bananas, and then I just put some whipped cream on top!”
Barf.

Spice

StewardshipPeaceIntergityCommunityEquality

“First, there’s a layer of lady fingers, then a layer of jam, then custard, which I made from scratch, then raspberries, more ladyfingers, then beef sautéed with peas and onions, more custard, and then bananas, and then I just put some whipped cream on top!”
You had me right up to the beef, peas, and onions! LOL

Change the ladyfingers to yeast rolls, the jam to gravy, and the custard to whipped potatoes and you will have won me back.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
You had me right up to the beef, peas, and onions! LOL

Change the ladyfingers to yeast rolls, the jam to gravy, and the custard to whipped potatoes and you will have won me back.
Or just leave out the meat and peas and onions! Look, one or the other, but not all combined.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

Important, soak the ladyfingers in cognac or liqueur.

Without the meat peas and onion, and use jelly (British jelly (jello), not jam).

I made 80 individual trifles for a dinner our club was hosting for OAPs. One dear old lady was hunting around for whoever didn't eat their trifle, she wound up with 5. Her son gave me a real good ticking off for getting her drunk, the ladies doctor had given instructions she should stay off alcohol.

She left happy.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

Without the meat, and use jelly (British jelly (jello), not jam).

I made 80 individual trifles for a dinner our club was hosting for OAPs. One dear old lady was hunting around for whoever didn't eat their trifle, she wound up with 5. Her son gave me a real good ticking off for getting her drunk, the ladies doctor had given instructions she should stay off alcohol.

She left happy.
I see, it is a vegetarian one with just the peas, potatoes, and onions.

EDIT: I guess that Rachel was going to try to add the alcohol after it was assembled. The good news is that it could not make it any worse.

Spice

StewardshipPeaceIntergityCommunityEquality

Without the meat peas and onion, and use jelly (British jelly (jello), not jam).

She left happy.
In the south here in the states, we do a similar thing:
* one is layers of vanilla wafers, sliced banana, and vanilla pudding/custard
* two is layers of salted pretzels, gelatined strawberries, and whipped cream
And variations on both as per the ingredients and imagination available!

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
In the south here in the states, we do a similar thing:
* one is layers of vanilla wafers, sliced banana, and vanilla pudding/custard
* two is layers of salted pretzels, gelatined strawberries, and whipped cream
And variations on both as per the ingredients and imagination available!
Yeppers, I can vouch for that!

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
mrtteaparty.jpg