• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Teeth are evidence for a creator!

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I have often thought as I brush my teeth, that teeth are evidence of an intelligent Sentient creator being.

The teeth are the hardest substances in the human body. Besides being essential for chewing, the teeth play an important role in speech. Parts of the teeth include:

Enamel: The hardest, white outer part of the tooth. Enamel is mostly made of calcium phosphate, a rock-hard mineral.
fetch

tooth2.jpg

There are actually birds that go into a crocodiles mouth to clean it's teeth, and the crocodile knows by instinct that the bird is doing an important job, and the bird some how knows he/she has the Crocs permission, and won't get killed.
fetch
fetch
egyptian-plover-pluvialis-aegypticus-cleaning-the-teeth-of-a-nile-BCY87C.jpg

maxresdefault (6).jpg
dbb2e87effb453b663b4027f41f94ed6.jpg

fetch

But to me, it seems obvious teeth are clearly not there by accident , and are designed to chew up food so it can be swallowed and properly digested.

Teeth are right where they are needed and belong, save for sometimes wisdom teeth or teeth come in wrong, and need to be removed, but as a general rule, for most humans, teeth are where they need to be, are there for a good reason, and serve a very important purpose.

I don't abuse chemicals anymore, have developed a deep hatred for drug abuse (and how it ruins lives) but I haven't had a cavity in five years, and took better care of my teeth when I abused chemicals, ironically.

When I abused chemicals, because that chemical has a reputation for damaging teeth, I avoided anything high in sugar, and when I did eat something high in sugar, brushed teeth right after consumption.

I don't brush teeth as often now that I'm sober, but brushed them twice today, and brush daily with flouride toothpaste.

So, with good dental hygiene, and living a drug free life, and seeing a dentist yearly for cleaning and cavity checks, don't think dental problems are going to be an issue.;)

But if evolution without the help of a creative sentient being, came forth from a big bang, to the Sun being in a good place so everything can survive, the moon in a good location, and single cell organisms that evolved into mammals, I'd say evolution was very kind to us, putting teeth where they need to be. :D

Seems suspicious that there was an artist manipulating evolution though. ;)

(Even if he/she doesn't seem very nice at times, it doesn't mean he/she doesn't exist.

Yes, children get cancer. If they have great eternal reward , a mansion, the first degrees of beauty, power, glory, perfection, euphoria, and dreams come true , forever, in God's kingdom, or another Spirit realm, they won't care that they got cancer as a child, if they are rewarded for their pain , suffering, or martyrdom! The cross leads to a glorious resurrection supposedly! ;) )

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
I have often thought as I brush my teeth, that teeth are evidence of an intelligent Sentient creator being.

The teeth are the hardest substances in the human body. Besides being essential for chewing, the teeth play an important role in speech. Parts of the teeth include:

Enamel: The hardest, white outer part of the tooth. Enamel is mostly made of calcium phosphate, a rock-hard mineral.
fetch

View attachment 61934

There are actually birds that go into a crocodiles mouth to clean it's teeth, and the crocodile knows by instinct that the bird is doing an important job, and the bird some how knows he/she has the Crocs permission, and won't get killed.
fetch
fetch
View attachment 61935
View attachment 61936 View attachment 61937
fetch

But to me, it seems obvious teeth are clearly not there by accident , and are designed to chew up food so it can be swallowed and properly digested.

Teeth are right where they are needed and belong, save for sometimes wisdom teeth or teeth come in wrong, and need to be removed, but as a general rule, for most humans, teeth are where they need to be, are there for a good reason, and serve a very important purpose.

I don't abuse chemicals anymore, have developed a deep hatred for drug abuse (and how it ruins lives) but I haven't had a cavity in five years, and took better care of my teeth when I abused chemicals, ironically.

When I abused chemicals, because that chemical has a reputation for damaging teeth, I avoided anything high in sugar, and when I did eat something high in sugar, brushed teeth right after consumption.

I don't brush teeth as often now that I'm sober, but brushed them twice today, and brush daily with flouride toothpaste.

So, with good dental hygiene, and living a drug free life, and seeing a dentist yearly for cleaning and cavity checks, don't think dental problems are going to be an issue.;)

But if evolution without the help of a creative sentient being, came forth from a big bang, to the Sun being in a good place so everything can survive, the moon in a good location, and single cell organisms that evolved into mammals, I'd say evolution was very kind to us, putting teeth where they need to be. :D

(Even if he/she doesn't seem very nice at times, it doesn't mean he/she doesn't exist.

Yes, children get cancer. If they have great eternal reward , a mansion, the first degrees of beauty, power, glory, perfection, euphoria, and dreams come true , forever, in God's kingdom, or another Spirit realm, they won't care that they got cancer as a child, if they are rewarded for their pain , suffering, or martyrdom! The cross leads to a glorious resurrection supposedly! ;) )

1. argument from awe

2. you could not have picked a worse example. Do you know why people often need their wisdom teeth pulled? Because through evolution, our brain grew bigger which made our mouth smaller.
Too small to house all the teeth that are growing. But while having tooth aches is a bother, the impact it has on survival and reproduction is smaller then the impact of a larger brain had. Evolution is oftenly a tradeoff. There is often a cost for new / altered traits.

Why would an "intelligent designer" design a mouth too small to house all the teeth?
An amateur designer would though. Blind processes like evolution would too.
And we have evidence that evolution occurs. We don't have any evidence of any designers - stupid or otherwise.

KWED

Scratching head, scratching knee

fetch

View attachment 61934

fetch
fetch
View attachment 61935
fetch

If teeth were designed, then the designer was incompetent.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
And to think humans need a degree for practicing dental hygiene where all you really need is a bird brain.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Yes folks, im aware the designer often screws up

I'm just saying, those bones that stick out of gums, they certainly as a general rule serve a purpose.

They don't just protrude from the gums for no reason.

Every day, Billions and billions of teeth are being used diligently, for chewing up food and speech.

They are right where they need to be, have a purpose, and are used for it!

PureX

Veteran Member
All complex design is indicative of intelligence intent. But indicating and proving are two very different matters.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Yes folks, im aware the designer often screws up

Then your entire argument from awe crumbles, even more then it already did on the count of being fallacious.

I'm just saying, those bones that stick out of gums, they certainly as a general rule serve a purpose.

As does as good as every other body part or trait.
Although "purpose" is not the correct word. "function" is better.
"purpose" implies pre-planned intention. "function" doesn't. Function can also change - and we know for a fact that body parts and traits take up other, and thus change, functions throughout evolutionary history.

They don't just protrude from the gums for no reason.

Neither do your fingernails. Or hair. Or eyeballs. Or anything else.

Every day, Billions and billions of teeth are being used diligently, for chewing up food and speech.

So?

They are right where they need to be, have a purpose, and are used for it!

So?

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
All complex design is indicative of intelligence intent.

Especially when you already load it up with an assumed conclusion by using the word "design" like that. :rolleyes:

But it all comes crumbling down once intellectual honesty is injected and the word "design" is left out.
Then it becomes: "complexity is indicative of intelligent intent" - and we know for a fact that that statement is wrong.

All kinds of random natural things are very very complex, while at the same time very simple things can be designed.

In fact, a good design will always look for simplicity instead of complexity. A good designer is a designer which can minimize complexity as much as possible to the absolute required minimum.

In engineering, that's what a GOOD design is: something that is as simple as it can be.
Unnecessary complexity is the hallmark of very bad design

In software land, we call that "over-engineering" and programmers get fired for it when quality standards for the team / project are high.

But indicating and proving are two very different matters.

That, plus the fact that you are simply wrong about complexity being indicative of design.
That is simply not true.

PureX

Veteran Member
The universe exists and exists as it does because it is highly organized. It is not the result of chaos, but of the limitation and order imposed on chaos. As chaos alone can't result in anything but chaos alone. And this organization is very complex and very specific. So much so that we humans cannot fully grasp it. So if we are considered to be intelligent, the organization responsible for the nature and existence of our universe is far more intelligent than we are. And it is 'designing' all that is.

Whatever imposed this order and the limitations that caused this highly complex organization that resulted in the universe, is our "God": the source, sustenance, and purpose of all that it.

Last edited:

Psalm23

fetch

View attachment 61934

fetch
fetch
View attachment 61935
fetch

That is very interesting about the crocodile letting the bird clean its teeth. I could use a dental appointment myself.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
The universe exists and exists as it does because it is highly organized. It is not the result of chaos, but of the limitation and order imposed on chaos.

That seems like a subjective opinion.

As chaos alone can't result in anything but chaos alone.

That's demonstrably false.
Chaos under the influence of the forces of nature, like gravity and magnetism and alike, order from chaos is inevitable.

In "choatic clouds of cosmic dust", through gravity ordered star systems with orbitting planets will form.

And this organization is very complex and very specific. So much so that we humans cannot fully grasp it. So if we are considered to be intelligent, the organization responsible for the nature and existence of our universe is far more intelligent than we are.

Doesn't follow. Our inability to grasp or understand the details of a complex natural process, doesn't make said process any less natural. It certainly isn't any kind of indication that some "intelligence" just "has to" be involved. At all.

EVERY natural process that we understand today, was once not understood and outside of our grasp.

So essentially, you're making a god-of-the-gaps argument here.

Whatever imposed this order and the limitations that caused this highly complex organization that resulted in the universe, is our "God": the source, sustenance, and purpose of all that it.

Plain assertion from an assumed conclusion that doesn't follow from the premises - which in themselves were also highly questionable.

It seems to me this post of yours fails across the board.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Teeth of any life form in the history of life are only a witness to the evolution life in that the evolved diet of all life is based on practical survival over time of all life. The progressive evolution of teeth from no teeth can clearly be demonstrated by the physical and genetic evidence. Human teeth represent the evolution of a opportunistic mammal omnivore, and can be traced progressively back to our ancestors with different dietary needs.

Such backward illogical reasoning as proposed in this thread represents the phony non-scientific ID beliefs where complexity is falsely used to justify the Creation arguments.

Last edited:

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
I really don't know why people choose to ignore that coordinated, conjunct suited functions for life exist in humans and is indicative of purposes. There is aboutness to humans.

I wouldn't call it design but it is definitely naturally occurring adaptive intentionality.

Then insulting your honesty as if their way is the only honest way of thinking about it. Sounds like an agenda to eliminate religion.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Teeth of any life form in the history of life are only a witness to the evolution life in that the evolved diet of all life is based on practical survival over time of all life. The progressive evolution of teeth form no teeth can clearly be demonstrated by the physical and genetic evidence. Human teeth represent the evolution of a opportunistic mammal omnivore, and can be traced progressively back to our ancestors with different dietary needs.

Such backward illogical reasoning as proposed in this thread represents the phony non-scientific ID beliefs where complexity is falsely used to justify the Creation arguments.
I didn't say anything about proof being presented that there was a sentient creator.

I said that there is evidence enough to be suspicious of the existence of one.

Before detectives and police make an arrest, there are certain things they count as evidence, which don't necessarily prove anything.

I don't see why I have gotten some of the remarks I made , as a result of making the thread, when I said it is entirely possible that evolution without a Sentient being, is responsible for us with teeth that help us chew food up for swallowing and digestion.

Never said I have proof for anything.

There is enough evidence for myself to have faith, but I'm aware that one should not expect everyone to believe in the supernatural entities.

I used to be an atheist/agnostic, and understand entirely the reasons for disbelief , as well as the issues people have with the story of creation in Abrahamic traditions.

It still all remains a mystery to me. And Shintoists don't really have to understand or have proof, to be a good prayerful virtuous person. Shinto is simply belief in the supernatural and Kami (spirits). There are not a bunch of other doctrines we must understand.

I mainly feel called to live the message of Fatima, offer up prayers, suffering, daily duties, be charitable, honest, and do good deeds, because it is a conviction of heart, that I don't insist others believe in.

I believe there is evidence for a creator intelligent Sentient entity. Never have I claimed to have proof, unless it was a joke.;)

Last edited:

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I really don't know why people choose to ignore that coordinated, conjunct suited functions for life exist in humans and is indicative of purposes. There is aboutness to humans.

I wouldn't call it design but it is definitely naturally occurring adaptive intentionality.

Then insulting your honesty as if their way is the only honest way of thinking about it. Sounds like an agenda to eliminate religion.
Thank you. Could you explain a little more what inspired the last two sentences of the quoted post? Thank you! :)