• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Teeth are evidence for a creator!

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
Except when it comes to the Bible?
When I was a teenager, I was skeptical of the Bible. Although I was never an atheist (I was skeptical of evolution’s claims too), I had no faith in the Bible.

But then after going through a personal tragedy, I began searching for answers. I started studying the Bible w/ Jehovah’s Witnesses.
They were able to show me, from the Bible (Genesis 3) and using clear & precise reasoning, why God doesn’t stop bad things from happening.

I had never heard their explanation before. But it explained why God doesn’t intervene at this time, and it made sense! To me.

What I learned from the Scriptures from JW’s, including 1)God’s name Yahweh / Jehovah & recognizing the importance of respecting it, 2)the harmony within the Scriptures, 3)the condition of the dead, 4)Jehovah’s purpose for mankind & the Earth as tied-in with the Messiah’s sacrifice , and most everything else — much different from Christendom’s tenets— was life-changing...for me.

Through appreciating what I’ve learned and applying the Bible’s counsel in dealing w/ others, I’ve enjoyed a happy life ever since.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
When I was a teenager, I was skeptical of the Bible. Although I was never an atheist (I was skeptical of evolution’s claims too), I had no faith in the Bible.

But then after going through a personal tragedy, I began searching for answers. I started studying the Bible w/ Jehovah’s Witnesses.
They were able to show me, from the Bible (Genesis 3) and using clear & precise reasoning, why God doesn’t stop bad things from happening.

I had never heard their explanation before. But it explained why God doesn’t intervene at this time, and it made sense! To me.

What I learned from the Scriptures from JW’s, including 1)God’s name Yahweh / Jehovah & recognizing the importance of respecting it, 2)the harmony within the Scriptures, 3)the condition of the dead, 4)Jehovah’s purpose for mankind & the Earth as tied-in with the Messiah’s sacrifice , and most everything else — much different from Christendom’s tenets— was life-changing...for me.

Through appreciating what I’ve learned and applying the Bible’s counsel in dealing w/ others, I’ve enjoyed a happy life ever since.
My response was speaking to your statement that "I accept the conclusions of observational science, i.e., empirical science. But historical science? Very little."