• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Teeth are evidence for a creator!

Follower7

Yes folks, im aware the designer often screws up

I'm just saying, those bones that stick out of gums, they certainly as a general rule serve a purpose.

They don't just protrude from the gums for no reason.

Every day, Billions and billions of teeth are being used diligently, for chewing up food and speech.

They are right where they need to be, have a purpose, and are used for it!

Tiberius

But to me, it seems obvious teeth are clearly not there by accident , and are designed to chew up food so it can be swallowed and properly digested.

Evolution explains the presence of teeth without the need to invoke a creator.

But if evolution without the help of a creative sentient being, came forth from a big bang, to the Sun being in a good place so everything can survive, the moon in a good location, and single cell organisms that evolved into mammals, I'd say evolution was very kind to us, putting teeth where they need to be. :D

Seems suspicious that there was an artist manipulating evolution though. ;)

You're looking at it backwards.

The sun wasn't placed where it was because it suited us. We evolved here because the conditions were right.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Comment to this point 'YOU CREATE YOURSELF, and do so WITHOUT THE TOOLS and FOR NO REASON and
with NO CONSCIOUSNESS.'

Comment is meaningless without further explanation relevant to the topic.

So instead of a universe, JUST YOU bursts into being.

Nothing is known to just 'burst into existence' not the universe nor me nor you acording to the evidence confirmed by science. It is a religious claim, not science, that claims that our universe 'burst into existence' by an act of Divine Creation by the 'Source' some call God(s).

It can happen according to quantum physics, purely on quantum probabalistic reasons alone.

No this cannot happen according to Quantum Physics. There is no such thing as Quantum probabilistic reasons .

But YOU are born WITHOUT probability and quantum mechanics - in fact, without anything
at all, ie no energy, no gravity, no space, no time etc..
Just you, emerging from some 'big bang'

Thus we narrow down the PURPOSE OF OUR BEING.
Why you?
What's the point?
How come you from pure NOTHING?
Would that be a 'miracle' or would it be 'magic' ?

Again, again and again there is absolutely NO evidence of anything coming from pure nothing. No magic nor miracles. All the objective evidence demonstrates that our universe and us came about by objective Natural Laws and natural processes.

These are problematic philosophical/religious question not relevant to the topic, nor are you responding to my posts and relevant questions.

Still waiting. . .

Last edited:

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Because teeth seem like they are there for a reason, a purpose, in the right place, which increases my faith and hope in supernatural entities.

What about the teeth that don't have a purpose, that aren't in the right place and which can hurt so much and cause so many problems that the majority of humans need to have them pulled at some point in their lives, because their mouth is just too damn small for them?

Are those teeth evidence against ID / god?

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Hmmm?? I went to the dentist and asked. What do you think I should do with my wisdom teeth? He said: Go out and eat a steak!!! My dentist said the reason most people lose their wisdom teeth is that they are farther back and people do not brush them. I do still have all my wisdom teeth. They work Great!!

I question your theory of having a mouth too small to house the teeth.

That's what I see!! It's very clear!!

Before Agriculture, Human Jaws Were a Perfect Fit for Human Teeth | Smart News| Smithsonian Magazine

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Can evolution explain it (symbiosis) coherently? No,

Yes.

not without the usual ‘likely’s, ‘probably’s, and ‘must have been’s

Which you'll find in EVERY science paper about ANYTHING.

. Which is philosophy, not science.

No. It's intellectual honesty.
Jargon you'll find in any science paper about anything.

Remember how so many people likely have already informed you that science doesn't deal in absolutes and certainties?

Well, there you go.... that's why explanations (again: about ANYTHING) will always include "‘likely’s, ‘probably’s, and ‘must have been’s"

If you wish to use that to argue "against" evolution - fine.
But realize that you're not just complaining about evolution then. Instead, you're complaining about ALL OF SCIENCE - including the science that allows you to post here at lightspeed.

There’s only 2 sources which are employed to explain reality: naturalism, and Intelligence. Both should be incorporated together

Only when there are reasons to do so.
Arguments from awe, ignorance, incredulity, etc aren't a good reason.

We know which one the biological sciences promote.

You mean the natural sciences.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
What about the teeth that don't have a purpose, that aren't in the right place and which can hurt so much and cause so many problems that the majority of humans need to have them pulled at some point in their lives, because their mouth is just too damn small for them?

Are those teeth evidence against ID / god?
There are exceptions to every rule. God isn't always nice. There are all kinds of problems that go wrong, and we are allegedly (in Christian theology and tradition) born with the curse of original sin, which means we are imperfect, and condemned to suffer, have disorder, and die.

But as a general rule, teeth are extremely necessary, they are where we need them, and they have the appearance of being designed and meant to be there, to chew up and swallow food.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
There are exceptions to every rule. God isn't always nice. There are all kinds of problems that go wrong, and we are allegedly (in Christian theology and tradition) born with the curse of original sin, which means we are imperfect, and condemned to suffer, have disorder, and die.

But as a general rule, teeth are extremely necessary, they are where we need them, and they have the appearance of being designed and meant to be there, to chew up and swallow food.

They also have the appearance of having evolved with evidence to back it up. A quick google search will reveal much of it and provide days of reading.

Bird123

Very interesting. On the other hand, without agriculture, the populations we have on the world today could never be. What will the future hold from all the overweight couch potatoes we have today? Further, when a robot is finally created to remove all the really hard physical work, how soft will the human condition result? Who knows maybe the teeth will straighten out by then.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
They also have the appearance of having evolved with evidence to back it up. A quick google search will reveal much of it and provide days of reading.
I happen to be a firm believer in evolution, but it's just more difficult to believe there are not spirit beings as well, with how many documented, instantaneous, medically certified miracles there are, of incurable diseases or paralysis, and understanding where the energy for a big bang, and stars, planets, moons, plants, creatures that can create space ships that land on the moon, when other apes don't invent anything new than what they invented thousands of years ago.

Plus so many experiences I have had, things showing up that were clearly more than coincidence, people showing up right when I need them to, preventing something bad, leading the right direction , and countless signs, I couldn't renounce my faith in the supernatural if I was going to be tortured to death for not.

But yes, I believe in evolution. And it is a major mystery where the energy for the big bang came from.

PruePhillip

Comment is meaningless without further explanation relevant to the topic.
Still waiting. . .

From this quote, 'Comment to this point 'YOU CREATE YOURSELF, and do so WITHOUT THE TOOLS and FOR NO REASON and
with NO CONSCIOUSNESS.'

So here you are - you exist, you are alive, you think, you wonder ---- 'WHY am I here?' I am nto allowed to ask 'Who made me?' so I must
ask, 'What process made me?' And then, 'What process made that process?'

Quantum suggests the 'observer' is part of the observation. So is the universe here solely because I observe it?

Where did the Big Bang come from? If it didn't pop out of nothing then where did it pop out of?

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
I happen to be a firm believer in evolution, but it's just more difficult to believe there are not spirit beings as well, with how many documented, instantaneous, medically certified miracles there are, of incurable diseases or paralysis, and understanding where the energy for a big bang, and stars, planets, moons, plants, creatures that can create space ships that land on the moon, when other apes don't invent anything new than what they invented thousands of years ago.

I've heard about medical miracles, most can be explained logically and probably all of them if they were investigated. I find it harder to believe that praying to a particular God at a particular place in a particular way does anything. But who knows, maybe. I don't think there's a record kept of failed requests to a God.

Plus so many experiences I have had, things showing up that were clearly more than coincidence, people showing up right when I need them to, preventing something bad, leading the right direction , and countless signs, I couldn't renounce my faith in the supernatural if I was going to be tortured to death for not.

If reward/punishment works for you then that's a good thing but maybe you should give a bit more credit to yourself.

But yes, I believe in evolution. And it is a major mystery where the energy for the big bang came from.

Big bang blows my mind, can't claim to know anything about it.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
There are exceptions to every rule. God isn't always nice.

In other words... when it's X, it's evidence of ID / god and when it's not-X, then somehow it's also evidence for ID / god?

That's rather silly, isn't it?

There are all kinds of problems that go wrong, and we are allegedly (in Christian theology and tradition) born with the curse of original sin, which means we are imperfect, and condemned to suffer, have disorder, and die.

"the appearance of being designed"

That's what we call a subjective opinion.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Very interesting. On the other hand, without agriculture, the populations we have on the world today could never be. What will the future hold from all the overweight couch potatoes we have today? Further, when a robot is finally created to remove all the really hard physical work, how soft will the human condition result? Who knows maybe the teeth will straighten out by then.

All that is neither here nor there.
Through evolutionary processes, the jaw got smaller due to diet change and the mouth in general got smaller due to expanding brains.
As a result, there isn't enough real estate on our jawbones left for all the teeth that are growing.

In time, teeth evolution might follow. Depends on selection pressures.

But at this point in time, as a general principle, human jawbones are too small to house all the human teeth.
Which is in direct contradiction with the claims in the OP.

PruePhillip

All the objective evidence demonstrates that our universe and us came about by objective Natural Laws and natural processes.

Still waiting. . .

Physical laws were created in the Big Bang. How could they have existed BEFORE when there was no before?
The Big Bang created
physical laws
mathematics
space
energy
matter

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member

Good reasoning, @Spiderman.

Unfortunately, we humans are in an imperfect condition which began almost from our inception — “subjected to futility,” as the Bible states @ Romans 8:20. Temporarily, in general, humans are living w/o Jehovah God’s direct intervention and influence, until the issues (raised in Genesis 3 & Job 2) are settled.
Jehovah has already confirmed the means through which imperfection will be removed (the Messiah), and He has established the agency (the Kingdom government) by means of which His Son Jesus, as King, will clean the Earth & everything on it (“Thy Will be done on Earth”, Matthew 6:9-10)… at His appointed time (Revelation 11:18), no one else’s.

But until that Day comes, we have to endure nature’s influence, both biological and elemental.

Fortunately, anything we may experience pain from, lasts only 70 to 80 years, i.e., our average life spans. If suffering is real bad, life is usually a lot shorter.

I hope this makes sense.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
(In response to ‘evolution explaining symbiosis)….
Where are your references, explaining how this develops, how tangible mutations between two unrelated organisms can affect them through intangible behaviors & instincts?

[“Likely”, “probably “, “suggests”]Which you'll find in EVERY science paper about ANYTHING.
Which is great!
No. It's intellectual honesty.
Jargon you'll find in any science paper about anything.
I never said it wasn’t. But speculation is belief.
Remember how so many people likely have already informed you that science doesn't deal in absolutes and certainties?
But you do. “It happened” is what I hear from you all the time. Why don’t you accept the explanations that way, as speculation and not absolute?
….
If you wish to use that to argue "against" evolution - fine.
But realize that you're not just complaining about evolution then. Instead, you're complaining about ALL OF SCIENCE - including the science that allows you to post here at lightspeed.
No, and here is where you’re wrong.
I accept the conclusions of observational science, i.e., empirical science. But historical science? Very little.

How to build computers, and then to post at “light speed” as you put it, is based on empirical evidence & well-established principles.

Rocket science, same thing.

I love the discovery facet of science, but some of the inferred conclusions are faulty.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Good reasoning, @Spiderman.

Unfortunately, we humans are in an imperfect condition which began almost from our inception — “subjected to futility,” as the Bible states @ Romans 8:20. Temporarily, in general, humans are living w/o Jehovah God’s direct intervention and influence, until the issues (raised in Genesis 3 & Job 2) are settled.
Jehovah has already confirmed the means through which imperfection will be removed (the Messiah), and He has established the agency (the Kingdom government) by means of which His Son Jesus, as King, will clean the Earth & everything on it (“Thy Will be done on Earth”, Matthew 6:9-10)… at His appointed time (Revelation 11:18), no one else’s.

But until that Day comes, we have to endure nature’s influence, both biological and elemental.

Fortunately, anything we may experience pain from, lasts only 70 to 80 years, i.e., our average life spans. If suffering is real bad, life is usually a lot shorter.

I hope this makes sense.
"Once you assume a creator and a plan, it makes us objects in a cruel experiment, whereby we are created sick, and commanded to be well."
-Christopher Hitchens

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
(In response to ‘evolution explaining symbiosis)….
Where are your references, explaining how this develops, how tangible mutations between two unrelated organisms can affect them through intangible behaviors & instincts?

Which is great!

I never said it wasn’t. But speculation is belief.

But you do. “It happened” is what I hear from you all the time. Why don’t you accept the explanations that way, as speculation and not absolute?
….

No, and here is where you’re wrong.
I accept the conclusions of observational science, i.e., empirical science. But historical science? Very little.

How to build computers, and then to post at “light speed” as you put it, is based on empirical evidence & well-established principles.

Rocket science, same thing.

I love the discovery facet of science, but some of the inferred conclusions are faulty.
Except when it comes to the Bible?