• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tell me why I should vote for Trump/Harris

We Never Know

No Slack
Most of the threads in here dealing with the election are full of people talking about how much they hate the other side and their candidate.

I'm curious to see how many positive things people have to say about their own candidate.

That's 100% fact IMO. Hate is the front runner in this election. With denial coming in second.

F1fan

Veteran Member
Vote for neither or either or flip a coin.
The POTUS isn't that important. It is only important to the individual parties as their political power/financial benefits are at stake.
For those who don't benefit from their political power, it's not going to make a lot of difference.
Then you haven't bothered to see what Trump and MAGAs intend to do to expand the executive office. And they intend to eliminate many government workers who are dedicated to serve the USA, and replace them with people who will serve Trump and MAGA agendas. The US government is laregly an honor system, and if an unethical and corrupt person like Trump is allowed to break from the tradition of hon or then it will only cause chaos and instability. Inevitably will will affect consumer confidence and shatter the economy. The economy thrives on stability and what Trump is promising will be devastating.

We Never Know

No Slack
Vote for neither or either or flip a coin.
The POTUS isn't that important. It is only important to the individual parties as their political power/financial benefits are at stake.
For those who don't benefit from their political power, it's not going to make a lot of difference.
Sadly that is true in a way.
IMO..
-To the parties its all about power and control more than right and wrong.
-When the elections cost over $14 billion, spending that kind of money no one can convince me its not also about financial gain for some.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Then you haven't bothered to see what Trump and MAGAs intend to do to expand the executive office. And they intend to eliminate many government workers who are dedicated to serve the USA, and replace them with people who will serve Trump and MAGA agendas. The US government is laregly an honor system, and if an unethical and corrupt person like Trump is allowed to break from the tradition of hon or then it will only cause chaos and instability. Inevitably will will affect consumer confidence and shatter the economy. The economy thrives on stability and what Trump is promising will be devastating.

Tell you what, if Trump wins I'll bet you a dollar there will be no devastating changes.
Our government doesn't work that way. However if Harris wins, then all bets are off. ;)

Ignatius A

Up for grabs: one shiny, barely used 2024 American vote.

This, folks, is your chance to talk me into voting for your candidate.

As it stands now I'll most likely be voting for Jill Stein, the Green Party candidate unless I can come up with a decent write-in candidate in the meantime (If only Tony Stark was a real person), but I'm open to listening to arguments in favor of voting for one or the other of the something-other-than-make-believe 2024 presidential candidates too.

So, have at.

Our non-American members can feel free to join in as well, after all it's your world that we're most likely going to wind up blowing up too.
There is a 99.99999% chance that the next president will be either trump or whoever the democrats end up with. Period. There may be 30 other people you COULD vote for but either trump wins or the Democrat wins, no one else. With that in mind someone reading and at least pick the one you conclude is less likely to mess America up even more.

F1fan

Veteran Member
Tell you what, if Trump wins I'll bet you a dollar there will be no devastating changes.
Our government doesn't work that way. However if Harris wins, then all bets are off. ;)
You’re living in the upside down.

But if Harris wins and dems get congress do expect women’s healthcare rights to be restored. That will be a positive change that the majority of Americans want.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
You’re living in the upside down.

But if Harris wins and dems get congress do expect women’s healthcare rights to be restored. That will be a positive change that the majority of Americans want.

Ok, fair enough. So if Harris wins I'm still willing to bet that such legislation will not get enacted.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
The POTUS isn't that important.
Given that the Supreme Court has given the President dictatorial powers ignoring the wishes of the founders and the history of America since 1776, who wins is of supreme importance unless you don't care about living in a police state. Democrats are trying to reverse that weird, unAmerican decision but the right is embracing it.

Some elections don't matter much. This one is, if you know your Asimov, a Seldon Crisis election.

F1fan

Veteran Member
Ok, fair enough. So if Harris wins I'm still willing to bet that such legislation will not get enacted.
She needs congress to do it. But since the voters know republicans are hostile towards women’s reproductive healthcare they are at a severe disadvantage. Harris has been making this issue a central part of her campaign. Trump has tried to minimize attention on the issue but it’s too late. Just as the negative impact of Vance can’t be reversed.

I see voters wanting liberties and progress, and that optimism only exists with Harris. I can see more voters tiring of Trump’s negativity and lies.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
That settles it, I'm voting for her twice. :D

On a serious note,I would pay to watch Harris v Trump live debate,I think she looks and sounds the part of a president,he seems to be shrinking.

When he stood next to Vance he looked the lesser of the two,who would want to be less than Vance,can you get lower than a snakes bollocks lol,that’s my view from accross the pond,you have till November but we are already coming to terms with a labour (who are a faux Labour Party) government,good luck to us both.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
Personally looking at the laundry list of what she'd like to do, I find a lot that I can agree with. So if you're going to make a protest vote, I can't complain. But since you're considering a write-in candidate as well, I have to ask what matters to you? What do you see as the real problems in America today? And how do you think that given the realities of our system we can go about fixing them?
As long as you're not voting for Trump. I got nothing. I can gives loads of reasons not to vote for Trump but the only reason I'm voting for Kamala is so Trump won't win

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Stopping the tide of negative legislation will count as a success at this point. It will take a while longer to replant the damaged fields.

Assuming the democrats will have time to do that.
Usually over the last 60+ years it's fairly evenly splint between the two parties as far as POTUS. Then there is the quagmire of the legislative and judicial branches.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
She needs congress to do it. But since the voters know republicans are hostile towards women’s reproductive healthcare they are at a severe disadvantage. Harris has been making this issue a central part of her campaign. Trump has tried to minimize attention on the issue but it’s too late. Just as the negative impact of Vance can’t be reversed.

I see voters wanting liberties and progress, and that optimism only exists with Harris. I can see more voters tiring of Trump’s negativity and lies.

I'll assume you mainly see it from a liberal perspective.
Or perhaps I'm just one of the few tired of both parties.

F1fan

Veteran Member
It’s interesting that liberals are the advocates for personal freedom as conservatives are
moving towards authoritarianism. Liberals are often accused of being for big government and against freedom but this characterization comes from just a few right wing commitments like gun rights. Liberals see the freedom from being murdered in a mass shooting more fundamental than easy gun access.
There are many tired of both parties but I notice they can’t articulate what they want. It might just be a category of people tired of the responsibility to be an informed and engaged citizen.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
I'm tired of both parties! Me, me!

I'm writing in a vote. I don't live in a swing state so it really doesn't matter, but I will be able to sleep at night.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
There are many tired of both parties but I notice they can’t articulate what they want. It might just be a category of people tired of the responsibility to be an informed and engaged citizen
I disagree. I would say that the more informed and engaged somebody becomes the more appealing the idea of a third choice appears .

One thing that attracts me to the Jill Stein/ The Green party is that she tends to frame issues in ways that address the cause rather looking for ways to blame their opponents or coming up with mostly unworkable solutions for the results.

For instance: while the Republicans approach the border crisis from a, "look how this is impacting us and our communities. We need to take back our country and stop this any way we can" perspective, and the Democrats (typically) from a more benevolent but equally ineffective, "We need to help these poor people anyway we can" perspective, Jill Stein/The Green party says, "let's look at the conditions compelling these people to leave their countries in the first place, and let's take ownership of the part we're playing in creating and perpetuating these conditions".

The "let's take ownership" part is what appeals to me most. You can't solve a problem with one hand while you're creating it with the other. All you can do is just make a whole bunch of token gestures that may make you feel better, but that don't really accomplish anything in the long run.

Just one example.

That said, I'm fully aware that a "We should take responsiblity for our own actions" platform isn't going to appeal to everybody (in fact, I'm sure It would drive a lot of people in the other direction) but there are enough people paying attention to things from that perspective that it would (or would have) served the DNC well to take their views into account (you'd think they would have learned something from 2016).

With all that said, I'm still voting for Tony Stark.