• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Thanks to the voters who defeated the "red wave"

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
You all restored a little of my faith in humanity.

(And yes, I voted, but I live in a solidly blue state)

I also contributed a few bucks to a few critical senate races. But honestly, the Dems have to take a hard look at themselves, given that they barely beat 2022's collection of GOP a##hats.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
I just wish this had materialized in my state. The idiots here are poised to strip women of basic human rights, and they've already proven they don't give a crap about trans people by effectively banning half of them (but not the men, naturally) from sports. They cut our unemployment benefits and gave handouts to the rich and keep cutting the education budget. We used to be a purple state. We were one of the first to green light gay marriage. I don't know what the hell happened. Our electoral votes went to Obama twice. Then a narcissistic psychopath twice. Like, what the hell?

F1fan

Veteran Member

I also contributed a few bucks to a few critical senate races. But honestly, the Dems have to take a hard look at themselves, given that they barely beat 2022's collection of GOP a##hats.
I think the republicans sabotaged themselves, and democrats were good to just stay the course on making the election about a choice.

But given what I hear from conservatives family and friends, there is nothing democrats can do to get their respect. They have so much negative feelings about the word "democrat" that it's nothing about policies and messenging, it's about tribalism.

Josh Hawley said the "old party" is dead. These extremists are realizing they are to blame for their loss, not democrats. Do dems have things to fix? You bet. But they have such a broad coalition of voters and issues to cover there is no real way to create cohesion where there is a strong ideological appeal. The next two years will be important, and MAGA could resurge under new leadership.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
The big news for me was that those winning the respective offices to run/monitor elections were sane and not the crew that deny reality.

And Democrats holding the Senate is a very big deal because of judicial and executive confirmations.

The closeness of the House means that the right could have a real destructive fur fight over leadership and could even flip during the next two years.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

I give it time. The democrats just need additional time to take or to the next level in destroying this country.

There are future elections. Particularly 2024.

F1fan

Veteran Member
I just wish this had materialized in my state. The idiots here are poised to strip women of basic human rights, and they've already proven they don't give a crap about trans people by effectively banning half of them (but not the men, naturally) from sports. They cut our unemployment benefits and gave handouts to the rich and keep cutting the education budget. We used to be a purple state. We were one of the first to green light gay marriage. I don't know what the hell happened. Our electoral votes went to Obama twice. Then a narcissistic psychopath twice. Like, what the hell?
My state elected a democrat for governor, and also Sharice Davids a democrat for the House, but also elected KKKris KKKobach as attorney general. WTF? For those who don't know Kobach he was Trump's pick to investigate the 3 million fake immigrant votes in California from the 2016 election. Kobach claimed massive voter fraud in Kansas over the years and showed only a few cases, usually republicans. So way overblown, just like Trump. That CA investigation went nowhere fast and was ended after a month or so.

The big news for me was that those winning the respective offices to run/monitor elections were sane and not the crew that deny reality.

And Democrats holding the Senate is a very big deal because of judicial and executive confirmations.

The closeness of the House means that the right could have a real destructive fur fight over leadership and could even flip during the next two years.
I think it is good that democrats don't have the House, as this will allow republicans to show their true chaotic colors over the next two years, right before 2024.

I give it time. The democrats just need additional time to take or to the next level in destroying this country.

There are future elections. Particularly 2024.
This MAGA rhetoric is dying. Didn'''t you get the memo?

The voters realize the democrats aren't destroying anything. But republicans are sabotaging themselves with divisive and untrue rhetoric.

Last edited:

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
I revel in the pain and discomfort this must be causing Trump.

At the same time, I'm cognizant of the fact that reducing the wave to a shallow tide was largely the result of the laughably bad candidates selected by Trump and endorsed by the GOP. Only a fool could believe that the GOP will not learn from this as well as it moves past ugly internal leadership questions and turns its attention to 2024.

Trump is more symptom than cause, and the next election could well be challenging yet pivotal for those concerned with human rights.

We Never Know

No Slack

In my opinion Trumpty Dumpty hurt the red wave.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I agree actually. So is that mystifying move to suddenly attack RvW.

If it wasn't for that, the red wave may have actually happened.

Still, I maintain it takes only one vote to change the tide wave or not.

We Never Know

No Slack
I agree actually. So is that mystifying move to suddenly attack RvW.

If it wasn't for that, the red wave may have actually happened.

Still, I maintain it takes only one vote to change the tide wave or not.

Trump had his run but now knows he is done. That's why he is attacking DeSantis.

DeSantis overtakes Trump as the 2024 presidential nominee Republicans prefer, new YouGov poll says

DeSantis overtakes Trump as the 2024 presidential nominee Republicans prefer, new YouGov poll says

Last edited:

Colt

Thats true, I'm an (R) and sick of the caustic idiot! I think he's done, and the GOP will largely move on without the need to codify him. One bright point is Hispanics are moving to the right and moderate (D)'s are sick of the fringe woke nonsense being shoved down the countries throat! If the (D)'s continue to try to please or mainstream the lunatic fringe, then reasonable (R)'s will stand a better chance going forward.

Wokeness has been the fuel for the GOP for the past 30 years but lets keep that a secret!

IMOP

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member

From accross the pond it restored my faith too but I’m more anticipating the prosecution of Trump,Republicans are casting him adrift it would seem,does America have the Cahunas to do it though,I hope so because without that the midterms don’t really count for much imo.

Shaul

Premium Member
Don't forget to thank the many unsung who helped pull this off. The Biden DOJ Federal Election monitors who made sure the votes were counted in the "right" way. The many Democrat election officials at the state and local levels who made sure there was plenty of extra time to find ballots and do things the Democrat way. And the many Democrat canvassers that stuffed the many unmonitored drop boxes. It was a team effort.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Don't forget to thank the many unsung who helped pull this off. The Biden DOJ Federal Election monitors who made sure the votes were counted in the "right" way. The many Democrat election officials at the state and local levels who made sure there was plenty of extra time to find ballots and do things the Democrat way. And the many Democrat canvassers that stuffed the many unmonitored drop boxes. It was a team effort.
And all the Pubs who committed election
fraud, but insufficiently to turn the tide.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Thats true, I'm an (R) and sick of the caustic idiot! I think he's done, and the GOP will largely move on without the need to codify him. One bright point is Hispanics are moving to the right and moderate (D)'s are sick of the fringe woke nonsense being shoved down the countries throat! If the (D)'s continue to try to please or mainstream the lunatic fringe, then reasonable (R)'s will stand a better chance going forward.

Wokeness has been the fuel for the GOP for the past 30 years but lets keep that a secret!

IMOP

There's lots of reasons for what happened in Florida, but definitely aspects of what you've said here.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member

Well, you're consistent.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
There's lots of reasons for what happened in Florida, but definitely aspects of what you've said here.

I don't think the overgeneralizations about "woke nonsense"—which many conservatives often use to describe anything leaning left—were among the reasons for what happened in Florida, but I would hope anyone starting to lean to the right would see that the politics of the GOP are harmful to many and are not just about maintaining the status quo in a classic conservative sense.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't think the overgeneralizations about "woke nonsense"—which many conservatives often use to describe anything leaning left—were among the reasons for what happened in Florida, but I would hope anyone starting to lean to the right would see that the politics of the GOP are harmful to many and are not just about maintaining the status quo in a classic conservative sense.

Ron DeSantis disagrees. I think it's important to look at the election from a strategic point if view, as well as from a viewpoint if working out what is true, and beneficial for the country.

I don't like DeSantis or his politics. He ran a very effective and successful campaign.