• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The 70 Week/Years of Daniel 9:24-27 (Part One)

lockyfan

going back to the original it was talking about the time it would take for Jesus to be enthroned as King in Heaven

ties in with Daniel 4:10-16

Ben Masada

This is total stupidity. Jesus was cut off in the middle of the week ending the sacrificing in Gods eyes. It was to happen during the Roman empire (dan 2) and happen in 490 consecutive years. This isnt a prophecy for today. The Prince in Daniel is always Jesus. Perverting the scriptures to teach an 19th century false doctrine is blasphemy. Its about ushuring in the new covenant by the Messiah. Wake up people.

This is exactly what I call a bunch of empty assumptions without any evidence whatsoever in the Scriptures that Jesus used to handle. That's what happens when a member of a strange religion dares to interpret a prophecy that belongs to another.

Ben Masada

Thats actually stupid. Its interpretted easily for all. Your either right or wrong. Most jews clearly miss the new testament which makes your logic of no value. They rejected him and only a remnant believed even in his day.

I have news for you therefore. I am not among the "most Jews that clearly miss the NT." So, it does not make my logic worthless. I seldom find even a Christian that has what it takes to hold his or her own in a debate with this Jew.

lockyfan

Daniel 4:10-16 was fulfilled in Daniel 4:25-30.

Daniel has nothing whatsoever to do with Jesus.

Actually it does. He talks about when christ is enthroned as heavenly King. Which was a coincidence that it happened in the year 1914. Along with the start of WW1. Coincidenace, maybe, but satan was cast out of heaven after hte war with Michael who is the ruler of Jehovahs angels (thus we know he is Jesus as Jesus is the being who is enthroned as heavenly king) and then revelation speaks of woe for the earth as satan is hon it having a short period of time and lots of anger.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
... satan was cast out of heaven after hte war with Michael who is the ruler of Jehovahs angels (thus we know he is Jesus as Jesus is the being who is enthroned as heavenly king)
Gee, that makes perfect sense. After all, how could one doubt such a mighty "thus" as this?

(what a pathetic joke ...)

lockyfan

Jesus has several names, but he was originally Michael the Archangel in heaven before coming to the earth and then called Jesus Christ. or Christ Jesus.

Just_me_Mike

Jesus has several names, but he was originally Michael the Archangel in heaven before coming to the earth and then called Jesus Christ. or Christ Jesus.
Well there is a position that Michael in the book of Revelation, was just a picture of Jesus when he went to the cross, which holds much more weight than what you are suggesting.

The name Michael means one who is like God.

Before the cross, death had a certain hold on the human race. However When Jesus rose, he gave a death blow to Satan, by showing everyone that death is not that bad.

It is suggested that, that is the war that was talked about between Michael and Satan, at the cross, and after that war, Satan was cast down from heaven. Before that event, Satan could go to heaven or Earth.

This explanation makes much more sense, and goes much better with actual scripture.

Ben Masada

What a messy! I have just come from another forum, where a Christian tried to prove that Jesus was not Michael but the second person of a Trinitarian God.

arimoff

What a messy! I have just come from another forum, where a Christian tried to prove that Jesus was not Michael but the second person of a Trinitarian God.

common you know it is pointless with them, how can you try to explain something they don't wont to understand?

its like saying I'm an American and when I visit France I have to be treated according to American laws lol.

Daniels prophesy was about me, I believe it was about me, I will be born at the end of days and save you all;).

anybody want to try to prove me wrong? Im also created in the image of G-D so im his son also;)

Ben Masada

When was Moses alive?

He knew he would never see 'the land of promise'...which means the ideology of a 'site' being israel did not EXIST but it was them afterwards that added to the analogy of israel being a place, rather than a 'people of god'

basically what 'Islam' is to muslims

you think israel was a place and that reveals your ignorance to scripture

I think the ignorance here is yours, because when I say that Israel exists for over 4000 years, it's only obvious that I am referring to the People who rose from the loins of Jacob, who had his name changed into Israel.

Of course, the Land of Israel exists from the time the Israelites entered it by conquest. Everyone knows this. Anyway, I think 3000 years is quite a number of years too for the Land of Israel.

Ben Masada

common you know it is pointless with them, how can you try to explain something they don't wont to understand?

its like saying I'm an American and when I visit France I have to be treated according to American laws lol.

Daniels prophesy was about me, I believe it was about me, I will be born at the end of days and save you all;).

anybody want to try to prove me wrong? Im also created in the image of G-D so im his son also;)

Well, Exodus 4:22,23 - "Israel is My son. Let My son go, that he may serve me." Now, your last statement is acknowledged by the Scriptures.

arimoff

Well, Exodus 4:22,23 - "Israel is My son. Let My son go, that he may serve me." Now, your last statement is acknowledged by the Scriptures.

well yes, that is how it was always meant to be understood, but it doesn't make me a G-D. some people take it to seriously to the point where man becomes a G-D.

Ben Masada

well yes, that is how it was always meant to be understood, but it doesn't make me a G-D. some people take it to seriously to the point where man becomes a G-D.

Now, let us try Isaiah 7:14, 15, 22; 8:8. If you read those verses in that sequence, you will see that Isaiah identifies Judah, the Jewish People with Immanuel, which means "God with us". "Us" here means the Gentiles. Why? Becuse when Israel, the Ten Tribes, was removed from existence in a permanent exile, Judah remained as Immanuel, according to God's promise to David in I Kings 11:36. Nu! How about now, doesn't it make of the Jewish People gods to the Gentiles?