• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The 70 Week/Years of Daniel 9:24-27 (Part One)

lockyfan

going back to the original it was talking about the time it would take for Jesus to be enthroned as King in Heaven

ties in with Daniel 4:10-16
What I am such an idiot I didnt read this thread properly grrrrr. Sorry peoples. The 70 weeks/years or Daniel 9:24-27 is about the arrival of Jesus as the Messiah. it is not actualy 70 years but 70 lots of 7 years. using the prophecy at
Daniel 9:25 You should know and have the insight that from the going forth of the word to restore and to rebuild Jerusalem until Messiah the Leader, there will be seven weeks, also sixty-two weeks

According to Nehemiah (Nehemiah 2:1, 5-8) the word to rebuild went forth in the 20th year of the rule of Artaxerxes. Historians say that the first full year of his rule was 474 BCE so we find out then that the 20th year would be: 455BCE

Therefore our starting point is 455BCE knowing that 1 week = 7 years then 69 weeks (which is the time in the above mentioned prophecy) is 483 years which then gives us the year 29CE (Luke 3:1, 2, 21, 22) and that Jesus was baptised and started in his public ministry (work) on the earth. He was then cut off during the 70th week in 33CE

Now addressing what I said earlier. The Prophecy in Daniel 4:10-16 says Now the visions of my head upon my bed I happened to be beholding, and, look! a tree in the midst of the earth, the height of which was immense. The tree grew up and became strong, and its very height finally reached the heavens, and it was visible to the extremity of the whole earth. Its foliage was fair, and its fruit was abundant, and there was food for all on it. Under it the beast of the field would seek shade, and on its boughs the birds of the heavens would dwell, and from it all flesh would feed itself.

“‘I continued beholding in the visions of my head upon my bed, and, look! a watcher, even a holy one, coming down from the heavens themselves. He was calling out loudly, and this is what he was saying: “CHOP the tree down, and cut off its boughs. SHAKE off its foliage, and scatter its fruitage. Let the beast flee from under it, and the birds from its boughs. However, LEAVE its rootstock itself in the earth, even with a banding of iron and of copper, among the grass of the field; and with the dew of the heavens let it be wet, and with the beast let its portion be among the vegetation of the earth. Let its heart be changed from that of mankind, and let the heart of a beast be given to it, and let seven times pass over it

This prophesy actually has a double meaning, as it talks about the decension of one king into madnes, but it also has a meaning for the kingdom of God, his people and its rulership.

Now lets study this.

The tree represents Gods line of anointed KIngs over Israel. WQhen the tree gets chopped down, this is fulfilled when Jerusalem was taken over by the Babylonian in 607 BCE. It was banded or stopped from growing again until the proper appointed time, which is the "seven times" that it is passed over.

Using the "day for a year" method used in Numbers we now turn to the "seven times". To know how long this is, we go to Revelation 12:6, 14 which indicates that three and a half times equal “a thousand two hundred and sixty days" so if 3.5 times =1260 days then 7 times would be double this, which leads us to the number 2520 days. using the above mentioned day for a year it is 2520 years

So in 607BCE when Jerusalem was destroyed and therefore started the "gentile times" or "times of the nations" (depending on your bible) we count 2520 years, which gives us the year 1914. This is the year that the tree which was banded and chopped down (God's line of anointed kings of his people (his kingdom)) will stop being banded and will be alllowed to grow once again.

This is the year that the scene in Revelation 12:10 (satans removal from heaven) started as it is also the beginning of "the last days" because this is when God's anointed KIng (from the line of David) was restored to rulership.

Jesus then told us about the sign of his presence in the heavenly rulership in Matthew 24, Luke 21, Mark 13. Also see 2 TImothy 3:1-5.

Last edited:

Ben Masada

What I am such an idiot I didnt read this thread properly grrrrr. Sorry peoples. The 70 weeks/years or Daniel 9:24-27 is about the arrival of Jesus as the Messiah. it is not actualy 70 years but 70 lots of 7 years. using the prophecy at
Daniel 9:25 You should know and have the insight that from the going forth of the word to restore and to rebuild Jerusalem until Messiah the Leader, there will be seven weeks, also sixty-two weeks

According to Nehemiah (Nehemiah 2:1, 5-8) the word to rebuild went forth in the 20th year of the rule of Artaxerxes. Historians say that the first full year of his rule was 474 BCE so we find out then that the 20th year would be: 455BCE

Therefore our starting point is 455BCE knowing that 1 week = 7 years then 69 weeks (which is the time in the above mentioned prophecy) is 483 years which then gives us the year 29CE (Luke 3:1, 2, 21, 22) and that Jesus was baptised and started in his public ministry (work) on the earth. He was then cut off during the 70th week in 33CE

Now addressing what I said earlier. The Prophecy in Daniel 4:10-16 says Now the visions of my head upon my bed I happened to be beholding, and, look! a tree in the midst of the earth, the height of which was immense. The tree grew up and became strong, and its very height finally reached the heavens, and it was visible to the extremity of the whole earth. Its foliage was fair, and its fruit was abundant, and there was food for all on it. Under it the beast of the field would seek shade, and on its boughs the birds of the heavens would dwell, and from it all flesh would feed itself.

“‘I continued beholding in the visions of my head upon my bed, and, look! a watcher, even a holy one, coming down from the heavens themselves. He was calling out loudly, and this is what he was saying: “CHOP the tree down, and cut off its boughs. SHAKE off its foliage, and scatter its fruitage. Let the beast flee from under it, and the birds from its boughs. However, LEAVE its rootstock itself in the earth, even with a banding of iron and of copper, among the grass of the field; and with the dew of the heavens let it be wet, and with the beast let its portion be among the vegetation of the earth. Let its heart be changed from that of mankind, and let the heart of a beast be given to it, and let seven times pass over it

This prophesy actually has a double meaning, as it talks about the decension of one king into madnes, but it also has a meaning for the kingdom of God, his people and its rulership.

Now lets study this.

The tree represents Gods line of anointed KIngs over Israel. WQhen the tree gets chopped down, this is fulfilled when Jerusalem was taken over by the Babylonian in 607 BCE. It was banded or stopped from growing again until the proper appointed time, which is the "seven times" that it is passed over.

Using the "day for a year" method used in Numbers we now turn to the "seven times". To know how long this is, we go to Revelation 12:6, 14 which indicates that three and a half times equal “a thousand two hundred and sixty days" so if 3.5 times =1260 days then 7 times would be double this, which leads us to the number 2520 days. using the above mentioned day for a year it is 2520 years

So in 607BCE when Jerusalem was destroyed and therefore started the "gentile times" or "times of the nations" (depending on your bible) we count 2520 years, which gives us the year 1914. This is the year that the tree which was banded and chopped down (God's line of anointed kings of his people (his kingdom)) will stop being banded and will be alllowed to grow once again.

This is the year that the scene in Revelation 12:10 (satans removal from heaven) started as it is also the beginning of "the last days" because this is when God's anointed KIng (from the line of David) was restored to rulership.

Jesus then told us about the sign of his presence in the heavenly rulership in Matthew 24, Luke 21, Mark 13. Also see 2 TImothy 3:1-5.

If you are not a "Jehovah's Witness" you must be tallking too much with them. But anyway, nice try! Nothing is said in the Book of Daniel as a prophecy, but as a fait accompli. History, if you know what I mean. The 70 prophetic years were prophesied by Jeremiah before the exile for the time not only to be in exile but also to rebuild the People of Israel. Jerusalem, the People, not Jerusalem, the city. (Jer. 29:4-10) Therefore, 70week/years and not 490 years. The Book of Daniel is History written in prophetic terms.

allright

The Dead Sea Scrolls have proven that the Book of Daniel was written before the events foretold happened. Even the liberal Bible Critic who came up with the theory now says the book was written before the events happened. Why didn't this get mentioned!
The reason you now want to claim Daniel wasn't a prophet is to avoid the truth that Jesus is the Messiah

arimoff

The Dead Sea Scrolls have proven that the Book of Daniel was written before the events foretold happened. Even the liberal Bible Critic who came up with the theory now says the book was written before the events happened. Why didn't this get mentioned!
The reason you now want to claim Daniel wasn't a prophet is to avoid the truth that Jesus is the Messiah

No matter when the book was written or was it a prophecy or not, it has absolutely nothing to do with Jesus, if Daniel was speaking about Messiah, it wasn't Jesus, because Jesus died, a person who died can't be Messiah.

Research the word Moshiah first.

Ben Masada

Hey! That's not me! Check some websites about the time the Book was written. Even the Catholic Church acknowledges the time as of being 167 to 164 BCE. The Jews had returned from exile over 300 years prior to that time.

allright

Since when has the Catholic Church becomethe authority on dating artifacts. The fact you have to quote the Catholic Church as your authority on this is pathetic. Those who still want to believe this nonsense that it was written after the events happened will never admitted the truth.

Ben Masada

Since when has the Catholic Church becomethe authority on dating artifacts. The fact you have to quote the Catholic Church as your authority on this is pathetic. Those who still want to believe this nonsense that it was written after the events happened will never admitted the truth.

The Catholic Church is not my authority. It could be rather yours. I think the Pope is still the head of Christianity. You are the one who are Christian here of the both of us, aren't you? So, don't try to ignore the bait after you have been caught in trap.

And with regards to the Book of Daniel, the author was not a Prophet, and the Book was written during the persecutions of Antiochus IV Epyphanes. I know, the Truth hurts but... what can we do? :facepalm:

allright

The Catholic Church is not my authority. It could be rather yours. I think the Pope is still the head of Christianity. You are the one who are Christian here of the both of us, aren't you? So, don't try to ignore the bait after you have been caught in trap.

And with regards to the Book of Daniel, the author was not a Prophet, and the Book was written during the persecutions of Antiochus IV Epyphanes. I know, the Truth hurts but... what can we do? :facepalm:

Josepheus called Daniel one of the greatest of the Prophets
The dead sea scrolls call him the prophet Daniel
Jesus called him the Prophet Daniel
The Jewish Cannon was put together long afterwards.

As for the date Daniel was written, after the evidence of the Dead Sea Scrolls, no
serious scholar believes this after the fact nonsense

The reason you have to attack Daniel is that he clearly shows the Messiah had to come before the Second Temple was Destroyed.

The Pope is not the head of the Christian Church, Jesus is.
You quoted the Catholic Church as an Authority, I do not recognise the Catholic Church as an authority on anything.

Ben Masada

Josepheus called Daniel one of the greatest of the Prophets
The dead sea scrolls call him the prophet Daniel
Jesus called him the Prophet Daniel
The Jewish Cannon was put together long afterwards.

As for the date Daniel was written, after the evidence of the Dead Sea Scrolls, no
serious scholar believes this after the fact nonsense

The reason you have to attack Daniel is that he clearly shows the Messiah had to come before the Second Temple was Destroyed.

The Pope is not the head of the Christian Church, Jesus is.
You quoted the Catholic Church as an Authority, I do not recognise the Catholic Church as an authority on anything.

I am not the one who determined that the unknown writer of the Book of Daniel was not a Prophet, but Jewish Scholars did it. Check any Jewish website about the Prophets of Israel.

Jesus did not call Daniel a Prophet but the ignorant Hellenistic Gentiles who wrote the gospels. They didn't know any better.

When Ezra organized the Scriptures at the return of the Jews from Babylon, the Book didn't figure because it had been written about 300 years later.

Regarding the Catholic Church, you are simply jealous, because you know that if it were not for the Catholic Church, you would not have anything Christian as a religious system to practice. When you came around, the Church was over a thousand and a half years preaching what you are now.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

allright

Jewish Scholars are blinded to the meaning of the Sciptures because of rejecting the Messiah
I am not Catholic. The fact you think the Cathoilc Churh is the Christian Church shows how little you know about the real Christian Church or about real Christianity.
Josephus was raised in the Jewish Faith and knew who was considered a prophetet by the Rabbi's in 100 AD
The Jewish language and grammar used in the copies of Daniel found in the Dead Sea Scrolls are from three to four centuriers earlier.
Lets here you refute the evidence of the dead sea scrolls proving the early date of Daniel is correct. Do you even know about it.
Are you really saying that someone could compose a fraudelent book claiming to be written hundred of years before predicting what was now happening and the Rabbis would not have known it, they they were that stupid. Or are you saying they knowing conspired to take part in fraud and deception. Wouldnt that have been an horrific sin.
Also the Quroum community never would have called Daniel a Prophet in 100 BC-200 BC if it was wriiten by a liar and deceiver.
ALSO HOW CAN DANIEL BE USED AS A HISTORY BOOK IF IT GIVES A FALSE DESCRIPTION OF WHERE AND HOW ANTIOCHUS DIED AND CLAIMS HE DO NOT HONOR THE GODS OF HIS FATHERS WHICH HE DID AND GIVES SEVERAL DIFFERENT LENGHT OF DAYS FOR THE TIME THE TEMPLE WAS DESECRATED. AND HOW COULD SOMEONE WHO LIVED WHEN THE EVENTS HAPPENED POSSIBLY GET THESE FACTS
WRONG'
THOSE OF US WHO UNDERSTAND KNOW DANIEL IS SOMETIMES SPEAKING OF ANTIOCHUS AND OTHER TIMES OF THE ANTICHRIST have no problem withh these seeming mistakes because they are not speaking of Antiochus.

Last edited:

Ben Masada

Jewish Scholars are blinded to the meaning of the Sciptures because of rejecting the Messiah
I am not Catholic. The fact you think the Cathoilc Churh is the Christian Church shows how little you know about the real Christian Church or about real Christianity.
Josephus was raised in the Jewish Faith and knew who was considered a prophetet by the Rabbi's in 100 AD
The Jewish language and grammar used in the copies of Daniel found in the Dead Sea Scrolls are from three to four centuriers earlier.
Lets here you refute the evidence of the dead sea scrolls proving the early date of Daniel is correct. Do you even know about it.
Are you really saying that someone could compose a fraudelent book claiming to be written hundred of years before predicting what was now happening and the Rabbis would not have known it, they they were that stupid. Or are you saying they knowing conspired to take part in fraud and deception. Wouldnt that have been an horrific sin.
Also the Quroum community never would have called Daniel a Prophet in 100 BC-200 BC if it was wriiten by a liar and deceiver.
ALSO HOW CAN DANIEL BE USED AS A HISTORY BOOK IF IT GIVES A FALSE DESCRIPTION OF WHERE AND HOW ANTIOCHUS DIED AND CLAIMS HE DO NOT HONOR THE GODS OF HIS FATHERS WHICH HE DID AND GIVES SEVERAL DIFFERENT LENGHT OF DAYS FOR THE TIME THE TEMPLE WAS DESECRATED. AND HOW COULD SOMEONE WHO LIVED WHEN THE EVENTS HAPPENED POSSIBLY GET THESE FACTS
WRONG'
THOSE OF US WHO UNDERSTAND KNOW DANIEL IS SOMETIMES SPEAKING OF ANTIOCHUS AND OTHER TIMES OF THE ANTICHRIST have no problem withh these seeming mistakes because they are not speaking of Antiochus.

Qhat you are doing is simply digging contradictions in the NT. Sorry, but that's the whole but the truth. Nothing but

allright

This nonsense your putting your hope is your choice and its your eternity

The liberal scholars you use as your authority also claim the Old Testament is just a bunch of fairy tales and lies, so you take sides with those who attack and dishonor your own faith.

Finally your silence on the evidence of the Dead Sea Scrolls and Josephus and the Quorum Community concerning Daniel shows you either have no answers to it or you dont have a clue about what your talking about

Last edited:

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
The liberal scholars you use as your authority also claim the Old Testament is just a bunch of fairy tales and lies
Wrong. In fact, the best liberal scholars take the truth of the OT very seriously, treating the OT as the best of literary mythology. Sounds like you've been listening to the worst of the conservative scholars

sojourner

The fact that you think the RCC is not the Christian Church shows how little you know about the real Christian Church, or about real Xy.

allright

Wrong. In fact, the best liberal scholars take the truth of the OT very seriously, treating the OT as the best of literary mythology. Sounds like you've been listening to the worst of the conservative scholars

I told you I dont need scholars liberal or conservative.
As I suspected your not a Christian. Youve either made up your own make believe God in your head and now you act like his real or your an atheist
Its the same as natives in the old tarzan moves who make a wooden god decide what his like and act like hes real.
Its your choice and your eternity

sojourner

I told you I dont need scholars liberal or conservative.
As I suspected your not a Christian. Youve either made up your own make believe God in your head and now you act like his real or your an atheist
Its the same as natives in the old tarzan moves who make a wooden god decide what his like and act like hes real.
Its your choice and your eternity
Yeah, and The Jerk didn't need anything but a lamp and a paddle-ball.:facepalm:

Don't know why an atheist would be granted standing in two different Christian denominations...

Sounds like you're projecting, to me.

Ben Masada

This nonsense your putting your hope is your choice and its your eternity

The liberal scholars you use as your authority also claim the Old Testament is just a bunch of fairy tales and lies, so you take sides with those who attack and dishonor your own faith.

Finally your silence on the evidence of the Dead Sea Scrolls and Josephus and the Quorum Community concerning Daniel shows you either have no answers to it or you dont have a clue about what your talking about

Nobody lives here for eternity. Everyone who is born, he or she is supposed to died someday. Has this been any different since the world began? So, wake up from this Utopia of yours and smell the coffee of reality!:eek:

allright

Beware lest that come upon you which is written in the prophets

Behold you mockers and wonder and perish, for I work a work in your days which ye shall never believe though a man declared it to you

Last edited:

sojourner

Beware lest that come upon you which is written in the prophets

Behold you mockers and wonder and perish, for I work a work in your days which ye shall never believe though a man declared it to you
::smirks::

"Weeell...
Idn't that special!?"

lockyfan

Nobody lives here for eternity. Everyone who is born, he or she is supposed to died someday. Has this been any different since the world began? So, wake up from this Utopia of yours and smell the coffee of reality!:eek:

Yes because Adam and Eve were meant to live forever. thus the eason why death wa a consequence to their actions

also if you read the bible it tells us that the righteous will possess the earth forever, that time indefinate has been put into our hearts and that death will be no more.
Ecclesiasties 3:10-11
Psalm 37:10-11
Matthew 5:5
1 Corinthians 15:26
Revelation 21:4
I could keep listing, but these say death will be swallowed up forever.