• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Bible, an important document. How can it be understood?

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Thank you. :sorry1: I appreciate your participation. The thread is over so I will be more considerate next time where I put my words. I think the superior secular authorities should be interested in what the original message of the Bible is. Why? Because it is warning of the end.
The end of what?
When is this "end" supposed to happen?
When there are those who ridicule?
When was there ever a time with out ridicule?
The "original message" of the Bible is about the "end" which will be marked by those who ridicule?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The end of what?
When is this "end" supposed to happen?
When there are those who ridicule?
When was there ever a time with out ridicule?
The "original message" of the Bible is about the "end" which will be marked by those who ridicule?

People who read The Bible who are subservient to The God read all the scriptures that speak of the end and believe God wants an end, so they rally for the end. "To the end!" they shout. But they failed to hear the promise made to Abraham "your seed will be as the sands of the sea". That, I think, will take forever. The World can not have both forever AND an end, can it? Oh yes it can. They say the seed becomes a spirit and that is how Abraham's seed becomes like the sand of the sea. I don't buy it. Do you?

Now I do not know if you got the gist of my post about 2 Peter 3:3 and I will probably never know but yes. If I understand your question correctly, the answer is yes. It describes those believing they are doing the Lord's work but in fact they lead the world away from the Lord. They are the same as those described as "leading and being misled" 2 Timothy 3:13

McBell

Admiral Obvious
People who read The Bible who are subservient to The God read all the scriptures that speak of the end and believe God wants an end, so they rally for the end. "To the end!" they shout. But they failed to hear the promise made to Abraham "your seed will be as the sands of the sea". That, I think, will take forever. The World can not have both forever AND an end, can it? Oh yes it can. They say the seed becomes a spirit and that is how Abraham's seed becomes like the sand of the sea. I don't buy it. Do you?

Now I do not know if you got the gist of my post about 2 Peter 3:3 and I will probably never know but yes. If I understand your question correctly, the answer is yes. It describes those believing they are doing the Lord's work but in fact they lead the world away from the Lord. They are the same as those described as "leading and being misled" 2 Timothy 3:13
What makes you think that this "end" is the end of the world?
What makes you think that your idea of forever has to always be on this world?

So the "ridiculers" would be better labeled as "deceivers"?
If so, why not merely call them deceivers in the first place?

and again, when was there a time without riduculers/deceivers?
and how would this be a meaningful way to mark the "end Times"?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
What makes you think that this "end" is the end of the world?
What makes you think that your idea of forever has to always be on this world?

So the "ridiculers" would be better labeled as "deceivers"?
If so, why not merely call them deceivers in the first place?

and again, when was there a time without riduculers/deceivers?
and how would this be a meaningful way to mark the "end Times"?

You are right. Mockers would be better labeled deceivers. So then it becomes time to get into the head of the writer and ask "why not deceivers?" I already have the answer and it compels me to stand firm. I'm not sharing here. It's this dmn laptop.

There has NEVER and never will be a group of people who are identified working FOR ridicule. It is sport for some people,that's all.

Why is my belief forever is on this world? Sand is on this world. Stars are not. I have babble about that I am not sharing. Also one illustration shows God's power over the sun. Almighty God can sustain the sun for as long as His children remain in the flesh. Is that obvious?

McBell

Admiral Obvious
You are right. Mockers would be better labeled deceivers. So then it becomes time to get into the head of the writer and ask "why not deceivers?" I already have the answer and it compels me to stand firm. I'm not sharing here. It's this dmn laptop.

There has NEVER and never will be a group of people who are identified working FOR ridicule. It is sport for some people,that's all.

Why is my belief forever is on this world? Sand is on this world. Stars are not. I have babble about that I am not sharing. Also one illustration shows God's power over the sun. Almighty God can sustain the sun for as long as His children remain in the flesh. Is that obvious?
He was using sand to help illustrate what he meant, not as a means to tie what he meant to the world.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Another reason has come to mind. Abraham is called the Father of Nations. Nations plural. Must I explain?

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Another reason has come to mind. Abraham is called the Father of Nations. Nations plural. Must I explain?
You seem to be stuck on the world.
In fact, it appears to me that you are not explaining why you are stuck on world, but are actually looking for justifications for your being stuck on world.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
You seem to be stuck on the world.
In fact, it appears to me that you are not explaining why you are stuck on world, but are actually looking for justifications for your being stuck on world.

Interesting. Do you know why you are not stuck on the world?

chinu

chinu
The Bible as evidence of something. Can it be understood? Can it be trusted?
Once, there was an elephant inbetween the group of blind peoples, And after some time the question was asked to the people of that blind group one by one.

Question was: How's elephant like ?
The one who touched the tail of the elephant said; elephant is like a rope, and the one who touched the leg said: elephant is like a pillar, and the one touched the stomach said; elephant is like a big balloon, all answered differently..

Simialry.. bible is like a elephant between us(blinds), because we all are blind towards God, Only the one who has seen/realized God in real can understand what bible is truely.

People always run to understand holy texts, and always get entangled in big confusions because we all are blind to holy texts/God, even the people who re-teach these holy texts are blind towards God/holy texts.

Thus.. IMO one should not run towards holy texts to get God, One should run towards God to understand these holy texts.:)

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Once, there was an elephant inbetween the group of blind peoples, And after some time the question was asked to the people of that blind group one by one.

Question was: How's elephant like ?
The one who touched the tail of the elephant said; elephant is like a rope, and the one who touched the leg said: elephant is like a pillar, and the one touched the stomach said; elephant is like a big balloon, all answered differently..

Simialry.. bible is like a elephant between us(blinds), because we all are blind towards God, Only the one who has seen/realized God in real can understand what bible is truely.

People always run to understand holy texts, and always get entangled in big confusions because we all are blind to holy texts/God, even the people who re-teach these holy texts are blind towards God/holy texts.

Thus.. IMO one should not run towards holy texts to get God, One should run towards God to understand these holy texts.:)

One running toward holy texts to get God notices that the blind group never gets much more crowded.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
What do you mean by this ?
Just explore and tell me so that we may have some interesting fun by continueing this topic, wind. :)

Small people, big elephant. It is not the elephant's fault that small blind people gather near it to touch it but get stepped on.

chinu

chinu
Small people, big elephant. It is not the elephant's fault that small blind people gather near it to touch it but get stepped on.
Wind, Here's question for you..
Just suppose there's one non-blind between these blinds who can tell them how's elephant like (i mean somebody like jesus, or jesus).

Than which one is more important..Elephant, or that non-blind person ? :)

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Wind, Here's question for you..
Just suppose there's one non-blind between these blinds who can tell them how's elephant like (i mean somebody like jesus, or jesus).

Than which one is more important..Elephant, or that non-blind person ? :)

The elephant is still more important. And the man who can see knows it.

Last edited: