• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Concept Of Anti-Christ In different Religions

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
It is what I have told by many a Jew. Religious and non-religious alike.
That's interesting that they are so optimistic, considering the Jewish chief Rabbinate in Israel shrugs off Russians with Jewish ancestry who have experienced severe antisemitism in Mother Russia, just so these ridiculous so called rabbis will shrug them off as gentiles, or the white Ashkenazi religious Jews who reject Oriental and Ethiopian Jews out of the schools their precious Jewish princesses study at, hell even an Israeli born such as me, with holocaust survivors in the family line, and from a line of men who have fought everyone from the Nazis, to the Arab armies, to the the modern war on terror in the middle east, will have to prove his 'Jewishness' to these vultures if I would want to marry the woman I love in my own nation.

Last edited:

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
He has been expected for generations by all of the major religions. Hindus look for the coming of Krishna

Hey Starsoul,

I just want to point out that to Hindus, Krishna is one avatar of God. He is not the same as a Messiah. The next avatar expected to come along is Kalki. Not because of an Anti-Christ (ie/ one particular person) but because the whole world will be in a completely materialistic state.

Rakhel

The Haredim are the only ones who see themselves as the only 'true' Jews in the world. You don't subscribe to their form of Judaism and abide by their traditions, then you are about as Jewish as the dog you are standing next to.
That is the only group I don't let tell me who is Jewish and who is not. I saw what they did to Druckman and his converts, as well as seculars such as yourself. My own husband is descendant of Caro and he was told he wasn't Jewish enough by them and would have to convert.
I do understand where you are coming from.

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
Antichrist would be hell's response to Christ.
Can you clarify what you mean by "Hell's response" and what you would expect the response to be like? In imitation (or mockery) of Jesus?

For example, either a near perfect/completely perfect imitation or the complete opposite?

Midnight Pete

Can you clarify what you mean by "Hell's response" and what you would expect the response to be like? In imitation (or mockery) of Jesus?

For example, either a near perfect/completely perfect imitation or the complete opposite?

A false Christ, an imitation, a counterfeit so convincing that even true believers can be fooled. A false Christ that will seduce many people, as End Times prophecy states.

InvestigateTruth

Veteran Member
I am curious as to where in the Bible a single Anti-Christ is mentioned concerning the 'End-Times'?

Biblical References: These are the only direct references to the antichrist:

1. 1 John 2:18-19, 22-23, 4:1-3
2. 2 John 1:7 (Note: these two epistles are located just before the
book of Revelations, the last book of the Bible.)
While the antichrist is "commonly identified with the Man of sin (2 Thess.
2) and the Beast of Revelation 13," according to Dr. Henry Halley, minister and biblical lecturer, the "Bible itself does not make the identification" (Halley's Bible Handbook, new rev. ed., 1965, p. 673).

Based on these four references, here are the six characteristics of the Antichrist:

1. Denies that Jesus is the Christ (1 John 2:22). In other words,
denies the Jesus is the messiah, the manifestation of God.
2. Denies the Father and the Son (1 John 2:22). In other words, denies
God and Jesus.
3. Denies that Jesus came in the flesh [was a historical being; had a body]. (1 John 4:3, 2 John 1:7)

Three other characteristics follow:

4. Equated with deceivers and linked with false prophets (1 John 4:1;
2 John 1:7)
5. The writer of 1 John indicates that the antichrist is already in
the world during the writing of these epistles, c. 100 C.E. (1 John
2:18, 4:3). Therefore, the antichrist is not merely associated with
the "end of time" but has been present from practically the
beginning of the Christian dispensation.
6. And most surprisingly, the Bible indicates that antichrists are
former Christians (1 John 2:19).

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
  • "Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time. They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us."
  • "Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son. Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: but he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also. Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father."
  • "Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world. Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world"
  • "And this is love, that we walk after His Commandments. This is the Commandment, that, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it. For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist. Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward."
By John's words, I am an antichrist.

Midnight Pete

Remember, "anti-christ" means "against Christ" or "opposing Christ."

I think the Antichrist mentioned in the Revelation is not just an antichrist but the antichrist. The apotheosis of all antichrists. The big kahuna.

BruceDLimber

Where is the Antichrist mentioned in Revelation?

There IS no such mention! Revelation speaks of entirely different beings.

The ONLY mentions are in the epistles of John, and has been pointed out, they indicate:
  • that the antichrist is a former Chrsitian, and
  • was alive at the time of John.
So a LOT of other possibilities are trivial to eliminate!

Bruce

tomato1236

Ninja Master
I don't know anything about an end-times anti-christ. But it sure does make for some excellent horror movies. From what I've learned from horror movies, the anti-christ:

1. Will have 666 for a birthmark
2. Will be able to kill animals by looking at them
3. Will be an unhappy child with loving parents who are scared of him
4. Will be able to levitate people and things with is mind
5. Will be able to move from body to body posessing people to do his will
6. Will be EVIL

So I would look out for a person who fits these descriptions. He might be the anti-christ.

Wombat

I should add that the cocnept of Antichrist has no significance outside of Christianity.

Dajjal
(The Anti-Christ)
In Islamic Hadith -
Bukhari 9.245, Narrated Abu Said
One day Allah's Apostle narrated to us a long narration about Ad-Dajjal and among the things he narrated to us, was: "Ad-Dajjal will come, and he will be forbidden to enter the mountain passes of Medina. He will encamp in one of the salt areas neighboring Medina and there will appear to him a man who will be the best or one of the best of the people. He will say 'I testify that you are Ad-Dajjal whose story Allah's Apostle has told us.' Ad-Dajjal will say (to his audience), 'Look, if I kill this man and then give him life, will you have any doubt about my claim?' They will reply, 'No,' Then Ad-Dajjal will kill that man and then will make him alive. The man will say, 'By Allah, now I recognize you more than ever!' Ad-Dajjal will then try to kill him (again) but he will not be given the power to do so."
Hadith - Bukhari 9.247, Narrated Huraira
Allah's Apostle said, "There are angels at the mountain passes of Medina (so that) neither plague nor Ad-Dajjal can enter it."
Hadith - Bukhari 9.237, Narrated Abu Huraira
Allah's Apostle said, "The Hour will not be established
(1) till two big groups fight each other whereupon there will be a great number of casualties on both sides and they will be following one and the same religious doctrine,
(2) till about thirty Dajjals (liars) appear, and each one of them will claim that he is Allah's Apostle,
(3) till the religious knowledge is taken away (by the death of religious scholars)
(4) earthquakes will increase in number
(5) time will pass quickly,
(6) afflictions will appear,
(7) Al-Harj, (i.e., killing) will increase,
(8) till wealth will be in abundance--so abundant that a wealthy person will worry lest nobody should accept his Zakat, and whenever he will present it to someone, that person (to whom it will be offered) will say, 'I am not in need of it,'
(9) till the people compete with one another in constructing high buildings,
(10) till a man when passing by a grave of someone will say, 'Would that I were in his place,'
(11) and till the sun rises from the West.
And there is lots lots more-
Muttaqun OnLine - Dajjal (The Anti-Christ): According to Quran and Sunnah