• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Concept Of Anti-Christ In different Religions

blackout

Violet.
One would first need a definition of "christ"
before unpacking "anti-christ".

If by christ you mean "jesus",
I'm highly doubtful that any non christian religion
is going to have an "anti-christ".
Besides satanism of course. lol

Wombat

One would first need a definition of "christ"

Christ meaning “Messiah” or “anointed one.”

before unpacking "anti-christ".

anti-christ- Opponent of the Messiah, opponent of the anointed one.

If by christ you mean "jesus",

Hmmm...yes...but that would, correctly speaking, be- Jesus the Christ.

Christ is not a 'surname' ;-)

It is a descriptor of state or status.

I'm highly doubtful that any non christian religion
is going to have an "anti-christ".

Well...allay your “doubts”...as has already been pointed out...Islam (a non Christian religion ;-) recognises the “anointed of God” status of Jesus (just does not recognise any sonship) and also recognises “anti Christ” opposition to the anointed one.

no-body

I don't understand how anyone would follow an "anti-christ" if the details of his/her coming are so descriptive in scripture, especially non-believers. The only thing that makes sense is that the descriptions in scripture are metaphorical or the anti-christ won't come for thousands or maybe millions of years when the scripture is forgotten or changed.

Well that or it's all fake and like "the devil can quote scripture" it's a way to affirm your own view of things and not listen at all to anyone elses interpretation and ideas of religion.

Starsoul

Truth
I don't understand how anyone would follow an "anti-christ" if the details of his/her coming are so descriptive in scripture, especially non-believers. The only thing that makes sense is that the descriptions in scripture are metaphorical or the anti-christ won't come for thousands or maybe millions of years when the scripture is forgotten or changed.

Well that or it's all fake and like "the devil can quote scripture" it's a way to affirm your own view of things and not listen at all to anyone elses interpretation and ideas of religion.

There could be a strong reason to follow it Indeed if the anti-christ gets a mention in All 3 scriptures of Divine Religions,Judaism, Christianity and Islam. whether distorted or turned around for a number of times in some of the beliefs. it even exists in Buddhism, and Hinduism.

Islamic belief had predicted long ago the symbolic indicators of his arrival which btw seem speeding to a climax now, with his system already creeping every corner of the world. I could be really really wrong, but our belief though does not give a time line, but gives many hints to recognize the times before his arrival by forewarning with the signs which are glarinlgy obvious today.