• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The correct way to do toast?

What way is best?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Eddi

Pantheist Christian
Premium Member
I found this on Facebook

Which are you? And why?

toast.jpg

Eddi

Pantheist Christian
Premium Member
I voted for the third way

It is more perfectly symmetrical than 2

And 1 is just wrong

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I'm not voting for a couple of reasons.
I don't use sliced bread.
If i did either 1 or 2 would be ok, even 3, it depends what m having on/with the toast

Eddi

Pantheist Christian
Premium Member
The diners I've been to tend to follow the first method.
That has been my experience too

Also, all the sandwiches that I've ever had from a supermarket have been cut the first way

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
I mean, the bread I buy isn't even shaped like that, so... now what?

I get "real" loaves of bread from a local baker. They are large round loaves. There aren't any corners. There's really only one right way to cut them so they actually fit inside your toaster.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
I much prefer those but sliced bread is so much easier and cheaper too

But it is nice to get a fancy loaf in every now and then, goes well with butter!
Yeah, the weird square loaves are budget food. I grew up in a household that did a lot of from scratch cooking so I have a bit of "food snob" in my DNA so to speak. Plus I feel the difference in my taste buds and body - I can pay a couple extra bucks for bread that actually tastes like something haha. The stuff I've been getting lately is so good it is dangerous. I'll cut a slice just to eat as a snack and then go "okay, just one more slice." It's like potato chips. :sweatsmile:

Eddi

Pantheist Christian
Premium Member
Yeah, the weird square loaves are budget food. I grew up in a household that did a lot of from scratch cooking so I have a bit of "food snob" in my DNA so to speak. Plus I feel the difference in my taste buds and body - I can pay a couple extra bucks for bread that actually tastes like something haha. The stuff I've been getting lately is so good it is dangerous. I'll cut a slice just to eat as a snack and then go "okay, just one more slice." It's like potato chips. :sweatsmile:
It's good when it's freshly baked, too

Freshly baked the same day

Can't beat that freshly baked taste

Especially if it's still a little warm

Rival

Diex Aie
Staff member
Premium Member
White bread is horrible.

I love maslin.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
White bread can be good too, homemade. Sure, it's got nothing on multigrain for depth of flavor but it can still be pretty good. One of these days, I need to make some actual bread. I helped mom make fresh bread as a kid but never made it on my own. Unless you count scones. Mmmm scones...