• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The de-transition movement has reached Germany

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
That might differ country to country. I think in my country its not unheard of for a psychiatrist to be able to dip into such prescriptions. But I don’t know if that’s due to differing official standards to Italy so :shrug:
I wasn't able to find anything, but, yes, it seems very unlikely only an endocrinologist could prescribe them.

Shadow Wolf

Explain me then.
Speak me of the situation in the United States.
Who can prescribe synthetic hormones.
Here many general practitioners do. Others can, but general practitioners are more accessible and available and as long as tbey know what they're supposed to be doing and watching for there's no problem.
Amd I assume you mean for a medical transition. Prescription hormones have severalbuses at least so of course many different types of physicians can prescribe them.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Here many general practitioners do. Others can, but general practitioners are more accessible and available and as long as tbey know what they're supposed to be doing and watching for there's no problem.
Amd I assume you mean for a medical transition. Prescription hormones have severalbuses at least so of course many different types of physicians can prescribe them.
Thank you. I didn't know that.
But I was referring to Italy, and being in the EU there are standards imposed by EU agencies like EMA and so on.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Oh really?
Interesting.
That's interesting.
Considering that too many kids are encouraged to transition in the United States.
Which I completely condemn.
Because prepubescents don't have the competency, the capability to understand and want, which is necessary to go through that life-changing step.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
That's interesting.
Considering that too many kids are encouraged to transition in the United States.
Which I completely condemn.
Because prepubescents don't have the competency, the capability to understand and want, which is necessary to go through that life-changing step.
I don’t think they are encouraged. Such an accusation usually comes from sources who are specifically against the trans community. At least from what I can gather. Indeed it is similar to accusations made in the past regarding (including but not limited to) being gay, being bi, being into interracial dating etc.
Its a common go to in order to generate fear and angst in folks
There are a lot of hoops one has to jump through to even get such a diagnosis let alone “be encouraged.” Apparently even more so now since the US has seemingly made being trans their new favourite dumb culture war topic. Time is a circle, Le sigh

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I don’t think they are encouraged. Such an accusation usually comes from sources who are specifically against the trans community. At least from what I can gather. Indeed it is similar to accusations made in the past regarding (including but not limited to) being gay, being bi, being into interracial dating etc.
Its a common go to in order to generate fear and angst in folks
There are a lot of hoops one has to jump through to even get such a diagnosis let alone “be encouraged.” Apparently even more so now since the US has seemingly made being trans their new favourite dumb culture war topic. Time is a circle, Le sigh
Then why are those who de-transition also people who were encouraged to transition as kids?
I am not saying they are the majority...but a significant number.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Then why are those who de-transition also people who were encouraged to transition as kids?
Because doctors usually encourage treatment as a whole?
Doctors encourage folks who express feelings of gender dysphoria to transition because that’s a common medically accepted treatment. Similar to recommending an aspirin for pain. It just is. Doesn’t always work but eh
But people are complicated so that might not always work out.
Doctors also encourage radiation therapy, chemo, taking pills etc that don’t always result in a good outcome for patients. That’s the reality of being a complicated species.

Also remember that in the US specifically, many drug companies and insurance agencies may encourage certain prescriptions from doctors and those presciptions might not always be something the doctor agrees with. They are at the mercy of drug companies in ways that you and I simply aren’t.
Not saying that’s the case with gender affirming care. Just that it is a factor in US healthcare

Shadow Wolf

Thank you. I didn't know that.
But I was referring to Italy, and being in the EU there are standards imposed by EU agencies like EMA and so on.
YOU are the one who brought up America, so the EU wasn't all you was talking about.
And don't try to say the EU has a one size fits all approach or it's some mythical European collective that uniformly handles it the same.

Shadow Wolf

Some people lie.
Some people don't know themselves as well as they think.
1% is not a significant number. That's not a failure but a testament to how much things have improved in terms of screening patients for a medical transition. There's still room to improve, but let's not pretend history didn't happen to make today seem suspicious.

Last edited:

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Because doctors usually encourage treatment as a whole?
Doctors encourage folks who express feelings of gender dysphoria to transition because that’s a common medically accepted treatment. Similar to recommending an aspirin for pain. It just is. Doesn’t always work but eh
But people are complicated so that might not always work out.
Doctors also encourage radiation therapy, chemo, taking pills etc that don’t always result in a good outcome for patients. That’s the reality of being a complicated species.

Also remember that in the US specifically, many drug companies and insurance agencies may encourage certain prescriptions from doctors and those presciptions might not always be something the doctor agrees with. They are at the mercy of drug companies in ways that you and I simply aren’t.
With all due respect, don't you think that these physicians shouldn't prescribe hormones to kids, unless these undergo at least 6-12 months psychological/psychiatric therapy to understand theirs is a real desire and not some capricious flair?
Because those who de-transitioned blame those who allowed them to do that, as kids.
I can provide you with many examples.

Men who de-transitioned and regret their surgery and miss their penis.
Or women who de-transitioned and now have a Mike Tyson's voice, (while a candid voice as little girl).

Carelessness provokes damages.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Some people lie.
Some people don't know themselves as well as they think.
1% is not a significant treatment. That's not a failure but a testament to how much things have improved in terms of screening patients for a medical transition. There's still room to improve, but let's not pretend history didn't happen to make today seem suspicious.

It should be reduced to zero, since there are not disposable victims.
And the physicians and parents should be held accountable, if it deals with minors.