• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The debate is on

We Never Know

No Slack
Two quick and worthy videos to watch after the debate.

The first is a review of all of the lies told by both candidates…
https://www.cnn.com/2024/06/28/poli...n-presidential-debate-trump-biden-dale-digvid

Yeah they both told lies, one more than the other but there are no excuses for lies

And the second is …wow!…. What a difference a day makes. Comparing Biden at the debate vs the next day at a rally.
https://www.cnn.com/2024/06/28/politics/video/debate-rally-biden-difference-axelrod-source-digvid

He's jacked up by.. maybe humiliation, maybe party pressure, maybe ???

We Never Know

No Slack
A fairly fast list of falsehoods that Trump told during the debate. Very Gish Gallop strategy, just spew out one lie after another. How can anyone respond to each one?

Well Trump is a narcissist. Lying is part of that disorder.

Narcissistic personality disorder (NPD) is a mental health condition. It's characterized by a pervasive pattern of behaviors including...

-An exaggerated sense of self-importance
-A need for admiration
-A lack of empathy
-Impulsivity
-Volatility
-A sense of entitlement
-Preoccupation with oneself

AND...

-Narcissists lie effortlessly and are very convincing because they lack normal human emotions or inhibitions.

So what's Bidens excuse for his lies?

And no I'm not making excuses for Trump. Just telling it as it is.

F1fan

Veteran Member
So what's Bidens excuse for his lies?

And no I'm not making excuses for Trump. Just telling it as it is.
Let's not call every falsehood or mistake a lie. Many of these debates broad brush reality. The "both are liars" noting is the same as calling murders the same as those who get speeding tickets. Sure, they're both criminals. But let's look at what they did, how often, how severe, etc. Looking at what this list reveals tells us that Trump lied about three times of Biden's comments, and most of Trump's claims were blatantly false, not misrepresentations. This list states that Biden claimed insulin was $15 due to his bill when it is really $35. I don't remember this comment but it was more likely an error than misleading as he mentions $35 at some point.

I can't remember any debate or political speech that doesn't have some lie or misrepresention, including Obama and McCain. Both good men, but as we know politics can rely on stats that color things a favorable way. Covid got worse under Biden because he inherited the mishandling of the pandemic from Trump, which was why Trump was fired. Covid got worse under Biden, but it wasn't due to what Biden did. Biden set policies that helped save lives and managed the recovery from the pandemic.

Trump is said to have told at least 30 lies, some of which he repeated, so the frequency wasn't counted. Biden's count is at least 9, and some of those were bad numbers like the insulin cost, not terribly significant as a lie or falsehood. Biden obviously struggled to form thoughts and recall data, while Trump spewed his well reheased set of lies. Neither won the debate.

Spice

StewardshipPeaceIntergityCommunityEquality
Let's not call every falsehood or mistake a lie. Many of these debates broad brush reality. The "both are liars" noting is the same as calling murders the same as those who get speeding tickets.
I think the difference between pre-meditated, first degree, and 2nd degree manslaughter.
Sure, they're both criminals. But let's look at what they did, how often, how severe, etc. Looking at what this list reveals tells us that Trump lied about three times of Biden's comments, and most of Trump's claims were blatantly false, not misrepresentations.
Trump didn't jumble his thoughts. He blatantly and purposefully spoke untruths or twisted half-truths.
This list states that Biden claimed insulin was $15 due to his bill when it is really $35. I don't remember this comment but it was more likely an error than misleading as he mentions $35 at some point.
What Biden said was that he got "one" major pharmaceutical company to agree to $15. But what got lost in the frustration that had built, was his clarity in the "final" agreement across the board, eventually fell at $35.

I can't remember any debate or political speech that doesn't have some lie or misrepresention, including Obama and McCain. Both good men, but as we know politics can rely on stats that color things a favorable way. Covid got worse under Biden because he inherited the mishandling of the pandemic from Trump, which was why Trump was fired. Covid got worse under Biden, but it wasn't due to what Biden did. Biden set policies that helped save lives and managed the recovery from the pandemic.
Looking at the stats for the entire pandemic run, the numbers went up under Biden, but the demographics changed. He put some control to the spread. If it had been handled properly to begin with, the control would have hit earlier and the numbers would have dropped sooner.
Trump is said to have told at least 30 lies, some of which he repeated, so the frequency wasn't counted. Biden's count is at least 9, and some of those were bad numbers like the insulin cost, not terribly significant as a lie or falsehood. Biden obviously struggled to form thoughts and recall data, while Trump spewed his well reheased set of lies. Neither won the debate.
Biden clearly let his frustration get the better of him. It's one thing to have a constructive argument with a worthy opponent of notable differences. It's quite another to also be forced to play "I know you are, what am I." He wasn't properly prepared to meet this man one on one. I think he may have underestimated the level Trump lives in, audience or not. It's NOT all show! It's who he is.