• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The explaination behind the creation of religions.

HonestJoe

What you said is definitely true, however the name 'god' was used on a being far powerful that surpassed than anything right? therefore, it is not wrong to say that god is singular and eternal. The title and the name 'god' was given to the supreme one of all. And so, the 'god' remains a mysteries.
That approaches my point from the wrong end. You are saying a creator must exist then you are going on the define specific features of that creator. What you call the creator you're claiming exists is the least significant of those features (indeed, using the term "god", with all the baggage that entails, is part of the problem). That creator being singular and eternal are more significant and legitimately open to challenge.

Thats why i said i am a normal human. My thinking is limited. What i only described is merely a tiny part of the infinite possibilities.
I didn't get "possibility" from your posts. Your statements about the existence and features of god read as pretty definitive to me.

Oh, i think you got that last point wrong. I only said and confirms myself that god does exist. But i did not said to put your faith in the god.
If you don't have proof or faith then, as I said, taking any kind of account of your god is pointless. Aren't you really just creating yet another religion?

T-OI

H.U.M.A.N
That approaches my point from the wrong end. You are saying a creator must exist then you are going on the define specific features of that creator. What you call the creator you're claiming exists is the least significant of those features (indeed, using the term "god", with all the baggage that entails, is part of the problem). That creator being singular and eternal are more significant and legitimately open to challenge.

I didn't get "possibility" from your posts. Your statements about the existence and features of god read as pretty definitive to me.

If you don't have proof or faith then, as I said, taking any kind of account of your god is pointless. Aren't you really just creating yet another religion?

hmm..it is hard to explain, god --> creates things, isn't it simple to understand if you just think like this? Either way, explaining anymore wouldn't get us to anywhere. It's actually up to you to believe whether god exist or not. I stayed on believing and you don't and thats your choice =D

that's true, i believe in that god exist but i did not put my faith in him because i resented him, is my reasoning that hard for you to understand? you can't deny reality just because you hate it you know? :p

Whoa! hold on there! i have absolutely NO interest in creating another religion, it is troublesome and a pain in the ***. If i want to make myself remembered in history, i just have to drop a 'Tsar Bomba' or anything in the world XD

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
T-OI, I'm afraid you are way too attached to an Abrahamic concept of god and religion. It would take proving that it is the correct one at the exclusion of all others to make this discussion progress any further.

T-OI

H.U.M.A.N
T-OI, I'm afraid you are way too attached to an Abrahamic concept of god and religion. It would take proving that it is the correct one at the exclusion of all others to make this discussion progress any further.

Hmm..yeah you're right, its hard to prove and explain T~T Well can't blame others, you guys have your own opinion (^_n)

waitasec

Veteran Member
Oh, I fully agree. What I do disagree with is the idea that religions necessarily demand that kind of faith. That might be true of Islam, probably Christianity as well, and AFAIK the list ends there.

but short list includes a lot of people...

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
True. It is a numerically successful approach. In fact, it has to be, since it is otherwise so weird.

HonestJoe

hmm..it is hard to explain, god --> creates things, isn't it simple to understand if you just think like this? Either way, explaining anymore wouldn't get us to anywhere. It's actually up to you to believe whether god exist or not. I stayed on believing and you don't and thats your choice =D
If it were that simple, these boards wouldn't exist. Belief in gods (especially with some of the characteristics you're attributing) doesn't exists in a vacuum but tends to lead to statements about what people should and shouldn't do about it. I appreciate you're not explicitly saying that yourself but it's still a potential consequence of your position and is why it needs to be addressed.

that's true, i believe in that god exist but i did not put my faith in him because i resented him, is my reasoning that hard for you to understand? you can't deny reality just because you hate it you know?
I understand (though don't agree with) your reasoning for believing in a creator. I don't understand your reasoning for believing the specific characteristics you attribute to that creator, though I do understand the reason (the previously mentioned Abrahamic monotheism engrained within our society).

Whoa! hold on there! i have absolutely NO interest in creating another religion, it is troublesome and a pain in the ***.
I was being a little flippant there but it does show how a religion (or at least a sect) could be created even when nobody really intends it too be, something beyond the deliberate motivations you suggest in your OP.

Levite

Higher and Higher
And as i have already said, all religion has a similiar basic structure. And as i have said, all religion is imperfect. A replica of the original one, camouflaged by other teachings and benefits, whether that benefits helps other or not, and that, made every religion is different from each other.

"Imperfect," certainly, but that's not the same as "all lies," which is what you said initially. I have no problem with the notion that all religions are imperfect. We humans are imperfect. Why should our systems of society and philosophy be different?

But "all lies" is simply far too broad and subjective to be the case. You might not care for some, and some may simply not appeal to you, but that is not the same as the entirety of a belief system being false.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
What did you think of when you heard or see the word 'god'? I Myself when i use or heard or see that word 'God', thinks that god is the creator of all, the creator of even the smallest atoms and nucleus that is the basic structure of every physical being. God is not human invention, that much is true. You must understand that every being here, in our fake reality world, would not exist if not because of the atoms and nucleus that made things and beings. Who in these world that you could think off, would be able to create atoms and nucleus other than the one, mighty, supreme and absolute being, that is the god. Creator of creations?

-T-OI-

When I hear or read the term God there is a natural tendency to envision a supernatural being due to my upbringing and cultural climate. However God could be used to metaphorically describe what is naturally occurring which I happen to do time to time, but I mostly avoid this exaggerated term to lessen any confusion. Again, God is certainly a human invention due to the direct fact that this will always come from Human sources in a variety of ways. As far as to what is molecular, natural cause and effect brings out manifestations and form. There is nothing else to add to this as the universe is "silent", and does absolutely nothing in way of claiming responsibility as being any type of creator. -NM-