• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The fear of Atheism

GadFly

Um, what? It's apparently impossible to show you anything that goes against the views you already hold.
I agree. You will have to use logic if you do. Since you are not having success in telling me anything, show us your logic, epistemology, and ontology, if you have one. I will listen like a good fly. Just a sentence or two on each subject will be fine. As well as you have things nailed down that should be simple to do.

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
I agree. You will have to use logic if you do. Since you are not having success in telling me anything, show us your logic, epistemology, and ontology, if you have one. I will listen like a good fly. Just a sentence or two on each subject will be fine. As well as you have things nailed down that should be simple to do.

As I said, that would be a waste of time. You will not listen, or, possibly, you just aren't intelligent enough to comprehend. You don't use logic for your arguments, and yet, you think you do. If you're that deluded, you obviously can't see past your own nose.

Random

I must say these forums would be boring without the religion of atheism.:)

Ha, wouldn't it though? On the flipside, some find the religion of Atheism precisely the reason that debates get nowhere, and the forum becomes pointless and dull...

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I really hate it when someone asks me what I believe, and then after I tell them they try to correct me and tell me what I "really" believe and then ask the same question again. Rather than to listen, learn, teach and share, some people just come here to troll thinking it's an effective method of proselytizing. Or maybe they do it to amuse themselves, but that would make baby Jesus cry.

ravenstrike

Court Jester
What do you expect of someone who refers to themselves in the third person? :rolleyes:

yeah.. I think that talking about yourself in third person is a sign of megalomania... and the failure to apply logic is a symptom of schizophrenia...
:areyoucra:slap:

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Call it Atheophobia- or the fear of atheism. It is the fear of no God, and (very possibly) reality itself.

Just as there's Islamiphobia, Atheophobia is centered around the idea that faith is everything, and without faith, you have nothing. That may be true, if you are a believer who goes to Church every day and believes that God brings you miracles through prayer. If you are a Christian, everything having to do with Christianity confirms your faith. But that's just a matter of perspective. So, what happens if something does not confirm your faith, but is, rather, opposing it?

You turn it into a scapegoat. That's right, I said it. You blame it for all of the world's problems, and if that wasn't enough, you demonize it, thus "filtering out" the opposition and bringing the "unsaved" (nice false dichotomy there, saved and unsaved) onto the bandwagon of fear, therefore making them "saved". You feel "the Holy Spirit" surging through your body as you do it, but little do you know that it is only your heightened passion for what you believe in. It is not a supernatural entity communing with yourself at all.

But you will not accept that. Why? Because you are afraid. You are afraid of the idea of there being no God, of atheism, because your Bible tells you it's true, and your Pastor tells you it's true, and your "heart" tells you it's true. You get it drilled into your mind every day at Church, thus confirming your own faith every single day. Because Church is the "House of God", right? Of course it is.

Have fun in your world of fear, Atheophobians.

I think Atheists are have more problem with it than anyone else as they are always prattling on about it ,like hey are'nt i something i'm an Atheist ,ok wow hows that feel better

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
I think Atheists are have more problem with it than anyone else as they are always prattling on about it ,like hey are'nt i something i'm an Atheist ,ok wow hows that feel better

I never realized we had a problem with anything theistic other than how organized religion tries to infringe upon our civil liberties. You know....like trying to put prayer in the classroom, the overhaul of the pledge of allegiance (US), and trying to insert creationism into to the schools...trying to pass it off as science.....:rolleyes:.......People, in their churches, temples or whatever can worship monkeys, cows, pigs, invisible sky daddy, rocks, or the sun....we don't care or have a problem with that......

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
I never realized we had a problem with anything theistic other than how organized religion tries to infringe upon our civil liberties. You know....like trying to put prayer in the classroom, the overhaul of the pledge of allegiance (US), and trying to insert creationism into to the schools...trying to pass it off as science.....:rolleyes:.......People, in their churches, temples or whatever can worship monkeys, cows, pigs, invisible sky daddy, rocks, or the sun....we don't care or have a problem with that......

Good i'm glad but in Britain i do not see anybody picking on Atheists and religion in the classroom,well if your child goes to a Church of England school i'm pretty sure your going to experiencs religion but if it is a problem you can leave class until that part is over.
As for my Son he goes to a C of E school but i allow him to skip religious education so we have a choice.