• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The fear of Atheism

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
I have a question for you which is off thread,how many handbags and shoes do you have ,my wife has approximately 30+ handbags and shoes ,from a womans point of view why does she need so many lol

I dont have that many purses..But I confess I have many more shoes than I need.Plus I keep shoes that I havent worn in 15 years..

I cant explain it.I think its a collector thing..They are "pretty" and "cool"..to look at..and wear on occasion..I actually am a rare bird as a girl I really despise shopping..But when I do I get mesmerized in the shoe dept..Its like Narnia or something.I go into an alterred state of reality and I think when the shoe is on my foot Im a different person for a minute..Shoes are "sexy"..Shoes look good on you even even you are butt naked.They make a clickety clack sound too when you walk on a hard suface makign your prescence be known..And your shoes also can reflect your mood and in fact your persoanlity..

Hope I helped explain it and I hope I didnt scare the living daylights out of you.. :)

Blessings

Dallas

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
I dont have that many purses..But I confess I have many more shoes than I need.Plus I keep shoes that I havent worn in 15 years..

I cant explain it.I think its a collector thing..They are "pretty" and "cool"..to look at..and wear on occasion..I actually am a rare bird as a girl I really despise shopping..But when I do I get mesmerized in the shoe dept..Its like Narnia or something.I go into an alterred state of reality and I think when the shoe is on my foot Im a different person for a minute..Shoes are "sexy"..Shoes look good on you even even you are butt naked.They make a clickety clack sound too when you walk on a hard suface makign your prescence be known..And your shoes also can reflect your mood and in fact your persoanlity..

Hope I helped explain it and I hope I didnt scare the living daylights out of you.. :)

Blessings

Dallas

No you did'nt scare me lol,and i agree about them being sexy

Draka

Wonder Woman
I have a question for you which is off thread,how many handbags and shoes do you have ,my wife has approximately 30+ handbags and shoes ,from a womans point of view why does she need so many lol

Perhaps I'm an odd woman, but I only have one purse. I use to have two, one black one for winter and one white one for spring/summer. But they both were old and falling apart so I went and got a light yellow one.

As for shoes...women have many different types of outfits. Far more variety than most men will ever wear (unless they are perhaps a cross-dresser;)). I don't have dozens of shoes, but perhaps I have a dozen all together. I have sneakers, boots, dress shoes, and sandals. A couple different colors of each probably. I'm not wearing my sneakers with a summer dress, and I'm certainly not wearing open-toed sandals with a sweater and jeans when it's chilly outside. It's called practicality. Certain things just go together. Pretty much the same goes for purses, I am just not one that likes to transfer all my stuff from bag to bag just because I change my clothes. I want to just be able to grab my purse and go.

Well, THAT was totally off topic! :p

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Well, you should. You should also be pregnant and in the kitchen, you are a woman after all. :rolleyes:

(Just to be sure, that was 100% sarcasm)

I dont go barefoot because I am a woman..and Im not pregnant but my sons girfriend is and Im going to be taking care of my grandson..He is due in 4 weeks.. :)

I go barefoot becasue I like to. ...even when I was a lttle girl I ran around with no shoes on....AND I played with my baby dolls..

Yesterday I walked in the snow barefoot..NOT for long..Im not stupid..But it sure felt good under my bare feet..It made me remember Im alive..:yes:

Blessings

Dallas

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
I dont go barefoot because I am a woman..and Im not pregnant but my sons girfriend is and Im going to be taking care of my grandson..He is due in 4 weeks.. :)

I go barefoot becasue I like to. ...even when I was a lttle girl I ran around with no shoes on....AND I played with my baby dolls..

Yesterday I walked in the snow barefoot..NOT for long..Im not stupid..But it sure felt good under my bare feet..It made me remember Im alive..:yes:

Blessings

Dallas

I know, I was just joking about the chauvinistic view that all women should be barefoot, pregnant and in the kitchen. :D

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
By the way, congratulations, Dallas! How does it feel to be such a young grandmother (to-be)?

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
By the way, congratulations, Dallas! How does it feel to be such a young grandmother (to-be)?

Umm...scary...exciting..new..challenging..JOYOUS!!! LOL!!

I've never had that role before....but I see him in my dreams already..I try not not worry but I do anyway..I get the giggles..then I get struck with FEAR!!! LOL!

Lots of mixed stuff..HEY but at least I like to wear sexy grangmother shoes!! LOL!!!(or go barefoot! LOL!)..Im going to go fishing with him and take him to the creek..Im going to climb trees with him..Im going to cook him yummy food..Im going to love him till he cant stand it any more!!! LOL

Thanks for asking Mball..

Blessings

Dallas

Booko

Deviled Hen
The only people that fear atheism are those who don't have faith and should be atheists.

Actually there are some people who fear atheism because they can't fathom what reason an atheist would have to be moral, compassionate, just or kind, so they think atheists present some sort of danger.

I poke holes in that notion whenever I get the chance. Living where I do, it happens several times a year.

s2a

Heretic and part-time (skinny) Santa impersonator
I do not fear atheists but i do think they have more hang ups than people with beliefs and seem thnk that atheism is an amazing thing but its just atheism ho hum boring i suppose

That's a fascinating, albeit utterly spurious and indistinct "thought".

Religious people have less "hang-ups" than irreligious folks?

Really?

REALLY?

"Atheism" is boring...but seeing the cosmos absent some claimed invisible/supernatural troublemaker(s)/"savior(s)", is a lot more interesting in the long view...I assure you. ;-)

s2a

Heretic and part-time (skinny) Santa impersonator
Im not an athiest but I will answer that..Being an athiest is in fact a "belief"..There are others here who don't have a "religion" but they follow a belief..Even some who just consider themselves "spritual beings" not attached to any religion or any God.

Blessings

Dallas

Geez Dallas,

You've obviously thought about this for some time, and have some insightful life experiences to share in this regard.

Please do tell me, and share your understandings of what atheists "believe".

What "belief"---most exactly and specifically--do atheists "follow"?

What does that "belief" entail, specifically?

If you claim to be a billionaire, and I subsequently doubt your claim (due to lacking evidence/support), do I then and therefore espouse/present any particular brand of "belief"? Does my doubt qualify as an outright rejection of the existence of billionaires (or a requisite "belief" therefrom)?

Is "unbelief" a "belief"?

Really?

Please do...tell me more...

...I soooo want to be a good and "believing" atheist...

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
Geez Dallas,

You've obviously thought about this for some time, and have some insightful life experiences to share in this regard.

Please do tell me, and share your understandings of what atheists "believe".

What "belief"---most exactly and specifically--do atheists "follow"?

What does that "belief" entail, specifically?

If you claim to be a billionaire, and I subsequently doubt your claim (due to lacking evidence/support), do I then and therefore espouse/present any particular brand of "belief"? Does my doubt qualify as an outright rejection of the existence of billionaires (or a requisite "belief" therefrom)?

Is "unbelief" a "belief"?

Really?

Please do...tell me more...

...I soooo want to be a good and "believing" atheist...

I am an atheist. I do believe that there is no god. My belief is supported by a lot of proof, but it's still a belief. There is the possibility that some god does exist. You can't deny that. So, stop with all of the sarcasm, and think before you type.