• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The forum reads: Athiesm vs. Creationism

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
I edited that out LOL

its not real, amber isnt old enough 20-40 million year

my main point is that blood can stay semi preserved a long time

there is a guy taking spores and trying to get them to grow [I think he did] and they are working with bacteria samples as well.

Huh. Interesting.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Washme, who I don't doubt is in need of his namesake, really needs to learn how to use the quote function, as if his incoherent drivel wasn't hard to follow enough.

Draka

Wonder Woman
I still notice, since he appears to be sticking around and all, that he never even bothered to try to respond to my points about theism. It negates the very title and first point of this thread.

Draka

Wonder Woman
Oh look, another statement of leaving.

Anyone else love the criticism of Abuser's education coming from this guy? He can't organize a thought, a post, use proper grammar or spell half his words correctly and HE'S criticizing another person's education???

washme

Ok you great prophets of the absolute truth, I have a question before I vaporize that you all CLEARLY ignored. You all are very good at ignoring my questions but here goes:

What came before the monkey? What did it evolve from and show me the 'steps' of this 'evolution' please

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
Ok you great prophets of the absolute truth,

Hardly. None of this knowledge directly came from God, nor is this knowledge absolute.

Science is about the search for truth, not holding truth. There's nothing prophetic about it.

I have a question before I vaporize that you all CLEARLY ignored. You all are very good at ignoring my questions but here goes:

What came before the monkey? What did it evolve from and show me the 'steps' of this 'evolution' please

Squirrel-like beings, I'm pretty sure.

So, let's start at the beginning: the earliest ancestors of mammals were reptiles. From these, eventually came small rodents that lived alongside the dinosaurs. These couldn't change much over the years before the K-T event.

Now, even today, there are seemingly random mutations that occasionally cause abnormal physiology. (Such as fused limbs, abnormal amounts of fingers, etc.) Biological evolution also ties with behavioral evolution. That said, let's say that a group of these mammals eventually realized that staying in the trees was safer than staying on the ground when it came to avoiding predators. So, at some point, this behavior change came with a change in arm and finger length(it can't really be determined which one would have come first), which is better for traveling through the trees. These would have been the first primates. From these, modern primates would have descended.

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
Blood is 'alive'. You can't find dead blood cells coz they breakdown into nothing, into dust.
They found red and white blood cells but they're not alive?? Then what the hell are they? Cryogenically frozen in a warm rock?

Red blood cells automatically die after 100-120 days. White blood cells after a few days.

Again, you seem to love to speak about that which you are ignorant of.

T-Dawg

Self-appointed Lunatic
Ok you great prophets of the absolute truth, I have a question before I vaporize that you all CLEARLY ignored. You all are very good at ignoring my questions but here goes:

It would have evolved from the same common ancestor that humans did. I recall seeing a picture in another thread that demonstrated the lineage of this ancestor down to humans quite nicely, let me see if I can find it... (I edit if I do)

EDIT: Damn, I can't find it anywhere. I'm sure it's lying around in one of the threads in this section though, if someone wants to look for it (it's the one with the skulls lined up in neat little rows in chronological order).
This wikipedia article should explain it better than I can: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_evolution
(I'm a politician, not a scientist! I'm not good at long, drawn out research >_<)

Last edited:

RitalinO.D.

This one?

hominids2_big.jpg

David M

Android wrote: There is nothing stopping you from looking up each one of those dating methods and learning exactly how they work.
*now tell me android, do I sound stupid to you. In your evolution THEORY a male and female monkey spontaneously arrive on the scene at the same time, with different genetalia for reproduction wow isn't that amazing!

And this is your problem, you have no idea of what the theory of evolution actually says because it certainly doesn't say that.

As you seem to need educating the the basics lets start you off from the beginning.

Populations evolve not individuals.

So its a population of mammals that are very similar to monkeys but do not quite meet the definition of being a monkey (which means they already have males and females) evolve over time (because offspring are not identical copies of their parent) until they reach the point at which they have become what does meet the definition of being a monkey.

That starting population evolved from a species that was also a mammal but was slightly less like a monkey.

Last edited: