• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Jason Aldean controversy

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
How is cross promoting with this trans person different than advocating for his position?
This proves what I have been saying from the beginning. You are equating the person with the position. And as long as you are doing that you can't object to the "ideology" without objecting to the very existence of the person. I think it is very clear. In your perspective the person simply cannot exist, or at least can't exist in public, without implicitly endorsing an "ideology".

The existence of a Black political leader is a implicit endorsement of the idea Black people should be allowed to hold political office. There are still people out there who object to that "ideology". They object to the Black political leader simply because they are black.

That is the exact situation we have here. The mere existence of a transgender woman is an implicit endorsement that transgender women should be allowed to exist and to have a public profile. There are people who object to that "ideology". They object to her existence because she is a transgender woman.

The implication her is transgender people should not exist.

His position is that a man can be a girl,
Her position is that transgender woman exist and should be allowed to exist. You apparently disagree.

Bud Light shines their spotlight on him
Bud Light did not shine their spotlight on her. They took advantage the the spotlight that she had created for herself.

I previously explained this to you. Bud Light was using her to shine a light on the beer. It is always about selling beer. Do you understand that?

How does boycotting effect the existence of trans people? Are trans people supposed to just magically go away due to the boycott?
No, transgender people are not going anywhere, nor are they going to stop being transgender.

The point is that if you are objecting to the idea that a person born male can become a women they you are objecting the the very concept of a transgender person. You are objecting to them being transgender. You are basically trying to say that it is ok for transgender people to exist as long as they are not transgender. That is like saying it is ok for Jews to exist as long as they are not Jewish. That is the only conclusion that can be drawn from your comments.

The logical consequence is no company ever promoting any person who is promoting the trans agenda.
But you are telling us that Dylan promoted the "trans agenda" simply by being a transgender woman. Meaning that no company can ever be involved with a transgender person.

Last edited:

Kfox

Imagine if I were to say "I don't like Israeli foreign policy, so the fact that Bud Light are choosing to send promotional materials to a Jewish person justifies a boycott", what's the logical conclusion of that position?
Does the Jewish person’s claim to fame based on his views concerning Israel? If not, then this has nothing to do with this conversation
It's got nothing to do with whether or not that particular Jewish person has any connection with Israeli foreign policy. It's just ANY Jewish person being given ANY publicity by the company is unacceptable to me. Do you understand?

Dylan's claim to fame is based on the transgender issue; this Jewish person’s claim to fame is not based on Israel so your argument failed.
So you are saying that you DO have a problem with the existence of trans people. You're just admitting the very thing you're claiming to deny. I mean, equating trans people to paedophiles is a pretty big red flag.
I’ve said no such thing. You’re just making false claims about me because you don’t want to respond to what I said.
This is actually pretty damning to you. You literally claim you wouldn't have a problem with paedophiles if it were legal?

Are you serious? You don't have ANY personal, moral issue with underage children sleeping with adults?
Again; you’re just making up more stuff about me because you don’t want to address what I actually said. Shame on you!
The rest of your replies is more of the same; you need to be better than this.

Kfox

Exactly. So, to you, promoting with ANY trans person means they deserve to be boycotted, so to say it has anything to do with advocating any particular position - rather than just the EXISTENCE of trans people - is false. To you, them promoting with trans people WILL ALWAYS be bad.

I noticed what you did there. I asked a question concerning Dylan saying THIS trans person and advocating for HIS position, and you replied as if I said ANY trans person. How about responding to what I actually said instead of making stuff up about me?
Okay. So, let's say a sports drink decide to do a promotion with a well-known athlete, and this athlete JUST SO HAPPENS to support trans people. Would you say that's the same? Would you expect a boycott?
The athletes claim to fame is the sport he is involved in; not the transgender issue. Argument failed.
The same way that boycotting a business for cross-promoting with a black person, purely because the person is black, is clearly intended to send the message that black people shouldn't be used in promotion.
No, not wanting them used in promotion, and not wanting them to exist are two different things. Again; how does boycotting make them no longer exist?
It's pretty obvious. They're objecting to a company sending merchandise to a trans person, because that person is trans. The message is: if companies support trans people, or promote with them, they should lose our business.

Again, this is not hard to understand. All you have to do is imagine the exact same thing happening to ANY OTHER GROUP.
Your claim was about not wanting them to EXIST! Not about not wanting them used for advertising. Care to try again?
I don't believe you. There are lots of promotions by lots of businesses with people who support trans rights that met nowhere near the level of vitriol as Bud Light did promoting with a trans person. It's pretty obvious to anyone objective that this is false.
I didn’t say “support trans rights” I said their claim to fame is based on trans rights. Care to try again?

Kfox

This proves what I have been saying from the beginning. You are equating the person with the position. And as long as you are doing that you can't object to the "ideology" without objecting to the very existence of the person.
Absurd. To point to one aspect of his life (transgender) and proclaim that as the entirety of who he is, is crazy. He may also be a brother, a son, a father, student, employee; he could be a million different things; not just the face he shows on line.
The existence of a Black political leader is a implicit endorsement of the idea Black people should be allowed to hold political office. There are still people out there who object to that "ideology". They object to the Black political leader simply because they are black.
Do you understand the difference between black people holding political power vs black people EXISTING???
Bud Light did not shine their spotlight on her. They took advantage the the spotlight that she had created for herself.

I previously explained this to you. Bud Light was using her to shine a light on the beer. It is always about selling beer. Do you understand that?
If that is true, how come far more people has now heard of him than would have ever heard of him had bud light never gotten involved?
No, transgender people are not going anywhere, nor are they going to stop being transgender.
Then stop acting as if it’s about their existence!
But you are telling us that Dylan promoted the "trans agenda" simply by being a transgender woman.
When did I say that? What post number?

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
Does the Jewish person’s claim to fame based on his views concerning Israel? If not, then this has nothing to do with this conversation
What does that have to do with anything? You've admitted "claims to fame" are irrelevant. You said the issue was with them BEING TRANS. I am willing to bet you have no idea whatsoever what this particular trans person's "claim to fame" is.

Dylan's claim to fame is based on the transgender issue; this Jewish person’s claim to fame is not based on Israel so your argument failed.
Nope, your argument failed, because you're moving the goalposts. Earlier, you argued that any position they held was irrelevant - all that matters is THE FACT THAT THEY ARE TRANS. Now you're shifting on the issue and making a nonsense argument about "claims to fame"? You have no idea what this person's "claim to fame" is, and you've already admitted it's irrelevant. You have admitted that it is because they are trans, nothing else.

I’ve said no such thing. You’re just making false claims about me because you don’t want to respond to what I said.
This was my mistake. I assumed that you were anti-paedophile.

Again; you’re just making up more stuff about me because you don’t want to address what I actually said. Shame on you!
Nope. You explicitly said you had no issue with the existence of paedophiles. But, I'm willing to put that aside and assume it is down to you being extremely bad at formulating arguments rather than you explicitly endorsing paedophilia.

The rest of your replies is more of the same; you need to be better than this.
Don't talk down to me. You're the one failing so hard in this debate that you had to use an analogy that compared trans people to paedophiles, and then EXPLICITLY STATE that you had no problem with the existence of paedophiles. I mean, I may mis-type sometimes, but that's a whole other level.

Last edited:

Viker

Your beloved eccentric Auntie Cristal
This is the ultimate off topic whataboutism thread. After a while, I will have to pass on the pickled red herring.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
I noticed what you did there. I asked a question concerning Dylan saying THIS trans person and advocating for HIS position, and you replied as if I said ANY trans person. How about responding to what I actually said instead of making stuff up about me?
I understand that, in a debate, it can be difficult to be ideologically consistent. But this is absolutely and demonstratively a lie.

In post 237 I asked:
"In what way does Bud Light choosing to send promotional material to a trans person have any relation to "getting on board" with "demanding everybody around them believe they are a woman"?"

And your response, in post 238 was:
"But light is using their power and influence to promote a biological male who says he is a girl."

I even asked, in the same post:
"Is a company choosing to promote with - or send goods to - ANY trans person an advocation of this?"

And, in the same post, your response:
"By promoting a male who says he is female, they are being an advocate for such a person; wouldn’t you say?"

You have made it absolutely EXPLICIT that a company promoting with ANY trans person is, to you, an explicit endorsement of positions that you think deserve to be boycotted, and you have EXPLICITLY stated that what matters is that the person is trans, and nothing else.

The athletes claim to fame is the sport he is involved in; not the transgender issue. Argument failed.
Again, this "claim to fame" argument is a pure ***-pull. You've said that advocating for pro-trans positions means they deserve to be boycotted, and promoting with any individual who promotes trans identities (or people who just ARE trans) counts as that. NOW you're saying that that's irrelevant, and that the only thing that's relevant is a person's "claim to fame" which is arbitrarily dictated by you, in direct contradiction to your previously stated position.

If you are against people with pro-trans positions being promoted by a business, then you should be against pro-trans athletes, singers or actors doing promotion for businesses. Now you're saying that's not a problem. You have no ideological consistency here whatsoever. The only consistent thing about your position is that it is anti-trans. If you're a trans person, you have no recourse, because that's all you are and "being trans" is your "claim to fame", so nobody should promote you or work with you, because that would be "advancing the trans agenda". Meanwhile, if you're not trans, but happen to be pro-trans (and also famous for whatever reason) you can work with or be promoted by whoever and whatever you like, regardless of whether or not you are "advancing the trans agenda".

The only difference between one and the other is BEING TRANS. That's it. Your position is not "anti-this-or-that agenda", it's just "if you are trans, businesses shouldn't promote with you". It is explicit anti-trans bigotry.

No, not wanting them used in promotion, and not wanting them to exist are two different things.
The inevitable consequence of one is the reduction of the rights and freedoms of the other, ergo: if, for example, people made it financially harmful to depict black people in advertising, that means companies are less likely to hire black people.

This is not hard to understand.

Again; how does boycotting make them no longer exist?
It doesn't. It marginalizes them by limiting their freedoms, which is an inevitable consequence of advocating against something's existence.

"How was the Nazis saying we shouldn't patronise Jewish businesses make them no longer exist?"
"How do segregation laws and lack of legal representation make black people no longer exist?"
"How does feeding Christians to lions for sport make them no longer exist?"

Try harder.

Your claim was about not wanting them to EXIST!
Yes. If people are going to boycott businesses simply for working with, or promoting with, trans people, it is a clear indication that they are advocating against the existence of trans people. That's the logical conclusion of the position "depicting trans people in any way that is positive, or financially benefiting a trans person, is bad and deserving of negative consequences". I'm sorry you can't understand that.

Not about not wanting them used for advertising. Care to try again?
The logical consequence is the same. Again, because you have the brains of an adult, I assume you understand that if companies cannot, say, hire black people or cross-promote with black people, it's a problem for black people because it makes their lives more difficult.

I didn’t say “support trans rights” I said their claim to fame is based on trans rights.
Not until the above post, no. You've added that in retroactively because your previous statements and arguments fell apart. This new argument is equally fallacious. You've already admitted it has nothing to do with positions or "claims to fame". It's just BECAUSE THEY'RE TRANS.

That is your position. And it's a position you now realise is indefensible, so you're trying desperately to change it to this absurd "claim to fame" argument, which also doesn't hold up.

Last edited:

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
Absurd. To point to one aspect of his life (transgender) and proclaim that as the entirety of who he is, is crazy. He may also be a brother, a son, a father, student, employee; he could be a million different things; not just the face he shows on line.
That is exactly what YOU did. You explicitly stated that ANY OTHER ASPECT OF THEIR LIFE is irrelevant - all that matters is the fact that they are trans, and that them being trans justifies boycotting a business that promotes with them.

That is YOUR ARGUMENT.

Do you understand the difference between black people holding political power vs black people EXISTING???
There is no difference. Any attempt to remove black people from power - as a category - is an attempt to reduce their existence in some regard. Again, this is not hard to grasp for anyone with an adult education.

If that is true, how come far more people has now heard of him than would have ever heard of him had bud light never gotten involved?
It's literally called advertising. Why would Bud Light promote with someone if they didn't seek to benefit from their perceived popularity?

When did I say that? What post number?
Post 238.

Last edited:

Kfox

What does that have to do with anything? You've admitted "claims to fame" are irrelevant. You said the issue was with them BEING TRANS.

Nope, your argument failed, because you're moving the goalposts. Earlier, you argued that any position they held was irrelevant - all that matters is THE FACT THAT THEY ARE TRANS.
When did I say this? Is this another one of your misunderstandings like when you mistakenly thought I said by simply being trans Dylan is promoting the trans agenda?
This was my mistake. I assumed that you were anti-paedophile.

Nope. You explicitly said you had no issue with the existence of paedophiles.
Really? So now you are accusing me of having no problem with pedophilia? Which post number are you getting this craziness? Is this your thing now? Just accuse me of an absurdity to avoid answering questions?

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
When did I say this? Is this another one of your misunderstandings like when you mistakenly thought I said by simply being trans Dylan is promoting the trans agenda?
Once again:

In post 237 I asked:
"In what way does Bud Light choosing to send promotional material to a trans person have any relation to "getting on board" with "demanding everybody around them believe they are a woman"?"

"But light is using their power and influence to promote a biological male who says he is a girl."

"Is a company choosing to promote with - or send goods to - ANY trans person an advocation of this?"

"By promoting a male who says he is female, they are being an advocate for such a person; wouldn’t you say?"

Really? So now you are accusing me of having no problem with pedophilia?
Again, YOU said that to have a problem with paedophiles existing is "a useless cause". I even addressed this as not being likely your position, but probably a result of you not forming an argument very well:

"You explicitly said you had no issue with the existence of paedophiles. But, I'm willing to put that aside and assume it is down to you being extremely bad at formulating arguments rather than you explicitly endorsing paedophilia."

Which post number are you getting this craziness? Is this your thing now? Just accuse me of an absurdity to avoid answering questions?
Post 238:
"To have a problem with the existence of pedophiles is a useless cause because there always has been, and always will be adults who are sexually attracted to children, and children who are sexually attracted to adults;"

Also, not once have I ever avoided answering your questions. So, that's a really weird thing to accuse me of. Almost as if YOU'RE just making stuff up because you can't argue against my points.

Last edited:

Kfox

I understand that, in a debate, it can be difficult to be ideologically consistent. But this is absolutely and demonstratively a lie.

In post 237 I asked:

You have made it absolutely EXPLICIT that a company promoting with ANY trans person is, to you, an explicit endorsement of positions that you think deserve to be boycotted, and you have EXPLICITLY stated that what matters is that the person is trans, and nothing else.
1.I never said I believe any company should be boycotted, I was explaining why those involved in the boycott, took such actions against Bud Light.
2.I never said all that matters is that they are trans; nothing else, that’s just some stuff you made up. If you disagree, point to where I said that.
3.If a trans person is doing something else that has nothing to do with the transgender agenda, I never implied their supporters would be boycotted as was done with bud light.
Again, this "claim to fame" argument is a pure ***-pull. You've said that advocating for pro-trans positions means they deserve to be boycotted,
No I did not.
and promoting with any individual who promotes trans identities (or people who just ARE trans) counts as that. NOW you're saying that that's irrelevant, and that the only thing that's relevant is a person's "claim to fame"
I didn’t say that either. I pointed out the difference between an actress who supports transgenderism along with countless other things vs Dylan whose claim to fame is transgenderism.
The inevitable consequence of one is the reduction of the rights and freedoms of the other, ergo: if, for example, people made it financially harmful to depict black people in advertising, that means companies are less likely to hire black people.
True! but that does not mean black people will no longer exist.
It doesn't. It marginalizes them by limiting their freedoms, which is an inevitable consequence of advocating against something's existence.
No; marginalizing and limiting freedoms has nothing to do with them existing or not.
The logical consequence is the same. Again, because you have the brains of an adult, I assume you understand that if companies cannot, say, hire black people or cross-promote with black people, it's a problem for black people because it makes their lives more difficult.
Do you understand the difference between existing and not existing? It has nothing to do with advertising, it has nothing to do with making one’s life more difficult.

Kfox

That is exactly what YOU did. You explicitly stated that ANY OTHER ASPECT OF THEIR LIFE is irrelevant - all that matters is the fact that they are trans, and that them being trans justifies boycotting a business that promotes with them.

That is YOUR ARGUMENT.
If I actually said that, you should be able to point to the post number I said it.
There is no difference. Any attempt to remove black people from power - as a category - is an attempt to reduce their existence in some regard. Again, this is not hard to grasp for anyone with an adult education.
Going by that (ill)logic, when black people were slaves, they didn't exist because they had no power. See how ridicules that sounds?
It's literally called advertising. Why would Bud Light promote with someone if they didn't seek to benefit from their perceived popularity?
They wanted to appear to a different crowd.
Post 238.
Post #238 I spoke of what Bud Light did; not dylan. As far as me claiming just by being trans Dylan is promoting the trans agenda; so when he is eating breakfast, he is promoting the trans agenda? How about when he drives his car? Or watches TV? Or walks his dog? Is he promoting the trans agenda when he does all of those things? I think not.

Kfox

Once again:

In post 237 I asked:

So where is the part where I supposedly said claim to fame is irrelevant, that the only thing that matters is that they are trans?
Again, YOU said that to have a problem with paedophiles existing is "a useless cause". I even addressed this as not being likely your position, but probably a result of you not forming an argument very well:

"You explicitly said you had no issue with the existence of paedophiles.
Is there no limit to the extent of your false accusations? Everything I said concerning pedophilia was said in the context of a scenario; in order to make a point. Anybody who read what I said would know I was speaking in the context of a scenario; yet you pretend as if I was relating my beliefs. I thought you were better than this!
Also, not once have I ever avoided answering your questions. So, that's a really weird thing to accuse me of. Almost as if YOU'RE just making stuff up because you can't argue against my points.
Post #238 I presented a scenario of a place where pedophilia were legalized. Instead of responding to my scenario, you accused me of being okay with pedophilia. Instead of making false accusations of me, how about if you respond to my scenario?

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
3.If a trans person is doing something else that has nothing to do with the transgender agenda,
Like, for example, drinking beer.
I spoke of what Bud Light did; not dylan. As far as me claiming just by being trans Dylan is promoting the trans agenda; so when he is eating breakfast, he is promoting the trans agenda? How about when he drives his car? Or watches TV? Or walks his dog? Is he promoting the trans agenda when he does all of those things? I think not.
Is she promoting the "trans agenda" when having a beer? Or even when she if promoting a beer?

Kfox

Like, for example, drinking beer.
Yeah.
Is she promoting the "trans agenda" when having a beer? Or even when she if promoting a beer?
No. As I said before; I don't recall anybody shooting up pictures of Dylan, they shot up beer cans. Dylan did his thing, got paid for it (I guess) you can't blame him in this; this outrage is not directed at Dylan, it's directed at Bud light.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
As far as me claiming just by being trans Dylan is promoting the trans agenda; so when he is eating breakfast, he is promoting the trans agenda? How about when he drives his car? Or watches TV? Or walks his dog? Is he promoting the trans agenda when he does all of those things? I think not.

Yeah.

No. As I said before; I don't recall anybody shooting up pictures of Dylan, they shot up beer cans. Dylan did his thing, got paid for it (I guess) you can't blame him in this; this outrage is not directed at Dylan, it's directed at Bud light.
So this outrage is directed at Bud Light because the did business with someone who was not promoting the "trans agenda". She was promoting beer.

And the same thing would have happened if she was promoting any other product. Can you imagine her promoting a breakfast cereal (eating breakfast), or advertising a car (driving a car), or maybe advertising shoes (walking a dog)? According you you none of these things are promoting the "trans agenda". But you know they would have gotten the same reaction. This is just about her being a transgender woman.

Kfox

So this outrage is directed at Bud Light because the did business with someone who was not promoting the "trans agenda". She was promoting beer.
This outrage was directed at Bud Light because they did business with someone who on another occasion promoted the "trans agenda".

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
This outrage was directed at Bud Light because they did business with someone who on another occasion promoted the "trans agenda".
You really believe these people had previous knowledge of Dylan Mulvaney? I don't. I think the say a transgender woman and got out their AR 15's.

(ps. I just noticed even you are using the phrase "trans agenda" in quotes. Is that because you recognize that it is BS?)

Kfox

You really believe these people had previous knowledge of Dylan Mulvaney? I don't. I think the say a transgender woman and got out their AR 15's.
People have been saying transgender woman long before dylan, it wasn't till Bud Light said transgender woman that they got out their AR 15's and began shooting at Bud Light.
(ps. I just noticed even you are using the phrase "trans agenda" in quotes. Is that because you recognize that it is BS?)
No.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
People have been saying transgender woman long before dylan, it wasn't till Bud Light said transgender woman that they got out their AR 15's and began shooting at Bud Light.
There have been a lot of hate mongering going on in the last few years. It is having an effect on the culture. Transgender hate is very much the zeitgeist.