• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Kindness Box

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Mostly everyone desires to be a good person. However, even the best of us can be pushed into unkind thoughts and actions against people who treat us poorly.

I can recall several times in life where I fell into this unhealthy and unfortunate trap. At the time, my anger felt justified. However, justification quickly grew into frustration and then disappointment. If only I had handled my processing of the interaction better.

Cheers!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
In the heart of our communities, a growing crisis affects individuals and families alike.

It’s a crisis fueled by the lack of affordable housing, mental health challenges, job loss, and other life crises that create depression and despair.

An ever-growing population of homeless individuals is seeking help and support.

In the middle of this crisis, the spirit of compassion and the desire to make a difference can ignite powerful change.

Read more -

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Show someone you believe in them

When people feel that they have a support system, and that someone truly believes they can achieve their goals, they can become unstoppable. Showing someone that you have confidence in them can transform a person’s feelings and views about themselves.

Whether it’s a junior work colleague, your children or partner, a friend or a family member, showing someone that you believe in them and support their aspirations can make a world of difference. Knowing they have you to back them can motivate them to work harder, improve their confidence and achieve their dreams.

Also the option to donate at that site.

Cheers!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Another great site -

With busy lives, it can be hard to find time to volunteer. However, the benefits of volunteering can be enormous. Volunteering offers vital help to people in need, worthwhile causes, and the community, but the benefits can be even greater for you, the volunteer. The right match can help you to find friends, connect with the community, learn new skills, and even advance your career.

Giving to others can also help protect your mental and physical health. It can reduce stress, combat depression, keep you mentally stimulated, and provide a sense of purpose. While it’s true that the more you volunteer, the more benefits you’ll experience, volunteering doesn’t have to involve a long-term commitment or take a huge amount of time out of your busy day. Giving in even simple ways can help those in need and improve your health and happiness.

All the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
payer-image.jpg

Comes from this site I have just begun 2 explore -

All the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
We're all familiar with the saying “it's better to give than receive”. What might surprise you is that this is actually backed up by research.

Those of us who are kind and compassionate experience clear benefits to our well-being and happiness. We may even live longer. Kindness also helps reduce stress and improve our emotional well-being.

We all have so much going on in our lives - competing strains and stresses – not to mention the recent coronavirus pandemic and lockdowns. This has sometimes pushed kindness to one side, in favour of what is urgent now.

It can be easy to show kindness when posting online, but when it comes to reality it's harder to commit to kindness in our real-life words and actions.

By taking the time to be kind to others, we can benefit from emotional upsides. It really does make a difference, especially for people who are vulnerable or struggling.

Comes from this huge site -

Enjoy!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
A happy person goes out of their way to help people. Some studies show that those who volunteer at least 5.8 hours a month tend to rate themselves as very happy. There are numerous benefits to helping others. For instance, when you focus on helping those in need, you spend less time going over negative events in your head. You might also experience feel-good hormones from a neurological perspective for helping others. It’s called Helper’s High.

Helping people is also a social activity. And people are meant to be social, so there’s usually a happiness boost from being around others too. Helping people also creates a sense of altruism from doing a good deed that can ripple off to generate more good deeds. And that enables you to feel even happier. If you want to be a happier person, your act of kindness can be big or small, and it’ll still have an impact.

Cheers!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
I pledge to -

Perform at least one act of kindness each day; without the need for anything in return. Experience gratitude for everyone and everything in my life; fully knowing that even the challenging people and experiences are gifts to me and support me in my highest good, Smile like it is the biggest gift I have to give - it is. Make new friends wherever I go. Brighten someone's day everyday. Tell the people I love, "I love you" - and stop assuming they already know.

From this website -

Cheers!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Be generous. Be generous with your time and your resources and with giving credit and, especially, with your words. It’s so much easier to be a critic than a celebrator. Always remember there is a human being on the other end of every exchange and behind every cultural artifact being critiqued. To understand and be understood, those are among life’s greatest gifts, and every interaction is an opportunity to exchange them.

More thoughts about life here -

It's a huge site if you have the time & the inclination!

Cheers

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Next month, you can help Live Happy celebrate the fourth annual International Day of Happiness by participating in #HappyActs, and doing various kindnesses for friends and strangers during the month of March. Go to HappyActs.org to sign up for daily texts, podcasts, videos and articles to prompt your altruism. Maybe you can organize a neighborhood cleanup effort, deliver flowers to a neighbor, or just hold the door for a stranger.

The beauty of #HappyActs is that you do not have to have a lot of time or money or status or even connections—you just have to have a willingness to make someone’s day just a bit brighter and the follow-through to accomplish it. If you need more stories or ideas to help get your creative juices flowing, check out the Nobly app (available for iPhone and Android). Or if you are looking for a daily inspiration, check out Deedtags, an app that challenges users to complete simple daily missions. Tweet your #HappyActs @LiveHappy and they will appear on our tagboard!

Cheers!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Bunch of quotes about charity -

Also this page -

"Money is not the only commodity that is fun to give. We can give time, we can give our expertise, we can give our love, or simply give a smile. What does that cost? The point is, none of us can ever run out of something worthwhile to give."

Steve Goodier

Cheers!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac

The spiritual path is not easy. We all know this. We have such a stubborn tendency to battle against our suffering, and against our problems. Instead, we must learn the practice of embracing our suffering with great kindness. But this goes against our deepest conditioning, and if we try to go this road alone, we sooner or later drift into forgetfulness of the practice. In an authentic spiritual community, however, there is always a brother or sister who can help us return to the practice when we stray.

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Just thought I’d give all of you a nice list of things to think about. This isn’t an in-depth post, but more of a thought for the day — is there someone you’d like to make happy today?

Making others happy is one of the best ways to have a great day yourself. It can brighten the world around you.

This list is just to spark some ideas, and please note that not every item on this list is appropriate for every person in your life. I trust you to figure out which actions go with which people.

Make someone happy today!

Comes from this site -

Plus their list of articles -

Enjoy!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac

Be Kind to Others​

Simple acts like holding the door open, complimenting someone, or helping a neighbor can create positive interactions and build stronger connections.

When you spread kindness, it often comes back to you, creating a cycle of positivity. Acts of kindness make you feel good about yourself and contribute to a happier community.

Whether big or small, your kind gestures can make someone else’s day better, and in turn, improve your own happiness.

Comes from this comprehensive article with a ton of advice -

Enjoy your browsing!