• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Kindness Box

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Recommended Reads

Inspire empathy and spark reflection.

DGT has designed each list to support acts of service and kindness.

At DGT we believe that the deeper “magic” of reading happens when you wonder together about the story, which is why we offer reflection tools for every list.

Choose among the chapter and picture books below to get started!

Enjoy your browsing!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Looks a huge site -

Doing Good Together’s

Kindness From A Distance Tools & Tips

Help your family move with purpose and make a difference during these uncertain days, as the impacts of this global crisis fall heavier on some than others.

Show Compassion.

Teach Kindness.

Make a Difference.

Now more than ever, action feels better than anxiety.

We created this resource page in 2020 in response to the Covid-19 crisis. As the needs and opportunities for service from a distance evolve, we will continue to curate and grow this list of big-hearted, family-friendly service ideas and kindness activities.

All the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
In a world brimming with diversity and complex challenges, the essence of kindness acts as a beacon of hope and harmony. Like the gentle flow of a stream softening the hardest stones over time, kindness has the power to transform hearts and mend broken spirits. It is not merely an act but a lifestyle—a manifestation of the divine love with which our Creator cares for each of us. Thus, nurturing the gift of kindness within becomes essential in embodying the teachings of Christ and living out our faith genuinely.

Cheers!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
“I think probably kindness is my number one attribute in a human being. I'll put it before any of the things like courage or bravery or generosity or anything else.

Brian Sibley: Or brains even?

Oh gosh, yes, brains is one of the least. You can be a lovely person without brains, absolutely lovely. Kindness - that simple word. To be kind - it covers everything, to my mind.

If you're kind that's it.”

Roald Dahl

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
The Paradoxical Commandments

People are illogical, unreasonable, and self-centered.

Love them anyway.

If you do good, people will accuse you of selfish ulterior motives.

Do good anyway.

If you are successful, you will win false friends and true enemies.

Succeed anyway.

The good you do today will be forgotten tomorrow.

Do good anyway.

Honesty and frankness make you vulnerable.

Be honest and frank anyway.

The biggest men and women with the biggest ideas can be shot down by the smallest men and women with the smallest minds.

Think big anyway.

People favor underdogs but follow only top dogs.

Fight for a few underdogs anyway.

What you spend years building may be destroyed overnight.

Build anyway.

People really need help but may attack you if you do help them.

Help people anyway.

Give the world the best you have and you'll get kicked in the teeth.

Give the world the best you have anyway.

Kent M. Keith

Much more here -

All the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Take the pledge -

Cheers!

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Today I was having some work done on my car. The guy doing the work suggested I get a cup of coffee in case he finished fast. When I walked into the coffee shop, I was treated to a wall of kindness. People were sitting at tables so I could not get pictures of everything on the wall. But I did get three pictures that speak to kindness and allied characteristics. I'll post them in three posts. The first:
kindness1.jpg

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac

Always be kind​

What makes a good person is the fact that they’re always kind. Kindness doesn’t need to be insincere. If you have nothing nice to say to someone, you don’t need to speak. Only speak when you have something to say that’s positive and thoughtful. You can be kind to people in so many ways. Holding the door open for someone is a small way to be kind that takes little effort. Wishing someone a happy birthday when you know it’s their special day is another way to be kind. Praising a coworker’s idea when they share something that will help is always a kind thing to do. Active listening is a really great way to be kind to someone when they speak to you. You can try this loving-kindness meditation to show love and kindness to the people in your life.