• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Changed avatars again. I hope this doesn't annoy people, but I just occasionally like doing this. I don't think anyone will miss the previous one.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
You might ride that for all that it's worth...:D
That would require me to at least read Harry Potter and learn about some random town in Texas. And probably how to actually talk like a Texan. How people think I do in a town with a bunch of Texans is simply beyond me. It's about as baffling as Europe and Canada. But even people half way around the world and in the far frozen north have said Texas.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Google helped me win

Is Okami a wolf?

The game's title is a pun: the goddess Amaterasu's traditional title is ōmikami (great and powerful god), and as well as 大神 the word "Ōkami" can be written as 狼, which means "wolf."

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Google helped me win

Is Okami a wolf?

The game's title is a pun: the goddess Amaterasu's traditional title is ōmikami (great and powerful god), and as well as 大神 the word "Ōkami" can be written as 狼, which means "wolf."
Long, long ago before Buddhism reached Japan it was an island which practiced animism. The wolf was one of the totems. It was considered in some way to be associated with the Sun. I don't know, but I think its why the Japanese flag has a Sun on it. Perhaps in a way it symbolizes Japan, but I do not know.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Long, long ago before Buddhism reached Japan it was an island which practiced animism. The wolf was one of the totems. It was considered in some way to be associated with the Sun. I don't know, but I think its why the Japanese flag has a Sun on it. Perhaps in a way it symbolizes Japan, but I do not know.
Interesting

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Google helped me win

Is Okami a wolf?

Okami can also mean great spirit.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Changed avatars again. I hope this doesn't annoy people, but I just occasionally like doing this. I don't think anyone will miss the previous one.

I'm terribly annoyed by it.....but then I'm terribly annoyed by just about everything these days