• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Winning because there is absolutely 0% chance of getting skin cancer in a western Washington winter.
Yeah, well, I didn't go to Australia but I didn't really go to a friendly or considerate place for my skin regarding sunny days, and all the different waves I've seen describing "mostly sunny" since moving here. My skin is better suited for a place more like that part of Washington. But skin cancer is off a ways, probably, maybe, and my knees are not suited for that climate. The climate here has been way better so my body, and even my IBS isn't as bad as it was in Indiana during the winter.
But here I use 100 SPF sunscreen pretty much always if I'm going to be outside for more than walking down the block, and that does include time being in my car. The sun is wicked and evil and does vile, cruel, demented things to my pale, delicate Celt skin, and that was in the MidWest. So here I just don't risk it.
Now, a not at all winning story of my mom and how excessively secretive she was about having skin cancer, she told no one when she had it, kept her treatments secret, kept that she had it secret, and only let it casually slip to me a few years ago. She is so bad about keeping secrets (and she herself absolutely HATES it when others keep them), that even having to have some excessive and droopy skin removed from her eyelid, she wasn't going to tell anyone, but realized the night before she can't drive herself from, so she basically tells us by letting us know that tomorrow she'll need a ride. And I've been scared she is going to get ill, not tell anyone, and just suddenly drop over dead. Or suddenly just get "very ill," leaving her kids scared and confused, and slowly die in front of us, none of us having an idea what is going on.
And did I mention she will skin you alive if you keep something a secret from her?

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Yeah, well, I didn't go to Australia but I didn't really go to a friendly or considerate place for my skin regarding sunny days, and all the different waves I've seen describing "mostly sunny" since moving here. My skin is better suited for a place more like that part of Washington. But skin cancer is off a ways, probably, maybe, and my knees are not suited for that climate. The climate here has been way better so my body, and even my IBS isn't as bad as it was in Indiana during the winter.
But here I use 100 SPF sunscreen pretty much always if I'm going to be outside for more than walking down the block, and that does include time being in my car. The sun is wicked and evil and does vile, cruel, demented things to my pale, delicate Celt skin, and that was in the MidWest. So here I just don't risk it.
Now, a not at all winning story of my mom and how excessively secretive she was about having skin cancer, she told no one when she had it, kept her treatments secret, kept that she had it secret, and only let it casually slip to me a few years ago. She is so bad about keeping secrets (and she herself absolutely HATES it when others keep them), that even having to have some excessive and droopy skin removed from her eyelid, she wasn't going to tell anyone, but realized the night before she can't drive herself from, so she basically tells us by letting us know that tomorrow she'll need a ride. And I've been scared she is going to get ill, not tell anyone, and just suddenly drop over dead. Or suddenly just get "very ill," leaving her kids scared and confused, and slowly die in front of us, none of us having an idea what is going on.
And did I mention she will skin you alive if you keep something a secret from her?
The old, sad story "Do as I say, not as I do". Mutter.