• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I'
English nursery rhymes are so cute.
So reassuring.
The bitzy itzy spider...and so on.

We do have very disturbing nursery rhymes. For kids.

The most disturbing one is Ambarabah Chee Chee CoHCoh; translation:

Ambarabah Chee Chee Coh Coh
Three barn owls were on the chest of drawers
They were making love to the doctor's daughter.
The doctor went ill.
Ambarabah Chee Chee Coh Coh

Imagine the scene: there is a naked woman lying on the dresser. Three barn owls on her body. The woman's father saw the scene and goes sick (no wonder...who wouldnt?????):p

The one that always got me was "Rock a Bye Baby," sung as a lullaby. Images of a cradle hanging from a tall tree during a windstorm.

The original Grimm's Fairy Tales were actually pretty gruesome, although I think they've been softened up a bit in recent times.

Or this one from Fractured Fairy Tales: Wee Willie Winkie, about a guy who goes around town in his nightgown peeping into children's bedrooms.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Afternoon win for being given a honeydew melon
And finding a bistro table and chair set at half price, another win

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
tumblr_p6krgdEzXt1wfzajeo1_500.gif

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
I'm impressed with the prejudice & incompetence
of Aussie justice. Are they racing to compete
with Ameristan?

It was pretty bad forensics, they identified rust proofing as foetal blood but she was mostly found guilty in the court of public opinion. I was convinced she had killed her baby. I was wrong and feel very bad for what happened to that family because of ignorant bogans like me.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It was pretty bad forensics, they identified rust proofing as foetal blood but she was mostly found guilty in the court of public opinion. I was convinced she had killed her baby. I was wrong and feel very bad for what happened to that family because of ignorant bogans like me.
I had no idea that you're so thoughtful & open minded.
(This is cuz I'm rather clueless.)
Your stock just went up.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
It is a joke of the gods that it hurts more walking down a steep hill than walking up

True depending on the state of one's muscles, tendons and bones.

While I walked up the hill being just fine with every time the dog wanted to sniff, a women who was probably in her 30's strode up the hill as quickly as she probably walked on level ground.

I should be grateful that I'm in as good shape as I am for someone in his mid-70's. But I can't help being a little sad at what age has done.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I read that wrong

While I walked up the hill being just fine with every time the dog wanted to sniff a women who was probably in her 30's
Then i noticed the grammar.