• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Avoiding this place....
R.08ae571574a0a5e9af838b80e6b0aa79

You won't be voiding in this place because?

Dan From Smithville

"We are both impressed and daunted." Cargn
Staff member
Premium Member
My stupid oven starts a fan when it gets turned off, I felt the breeze and fortunately it's on its own circuit so I turned it off at the meter box and that stopped it. Now it's a nervous 2 hour wait to see if I've burnt a $100 note.
Is this an Australian thing?

Dan From Smithville

"We are both impressed and daunted." Cargn
Staff member
Premium Member
Dunno, we paid extra for a fancy oven when the old one died and I hate it. I wish we had just got an old fashioned one. I've ruined everything from turkeys to cakes in the new one.
That sux. Sometimes the old technology is still very good for what a person needs. My folks would go cheap on some things and then for no obvious reason would buy something like the top of the line microwave when all they did with it was heat water or reheat some food. But they cooked with an oven that was still in the house when my mother sold it 30 years later. It worked fine. I just wish I had had the foresight to copy some of her recipes.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
That sux. Sometimes the old technology is still very good for what a person needs. My folks would go cheap on some things and then for no obvious reason would buy something like the top of the line microwave when all they did with it was heat water or reheat some food. But they cooked with an oven that was still in the house when my mother sold it 30 years later. It worked fine. I just wish I had had the foresight to copy some of her recipes.

I've worked out that fans have no place in ovens.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
And now the Mrs is whinging that she's starving because she can smell the roast hehe
That is a good sign. But if you are a steak lover I would seriously consider investing in a sous vide machine. Cook the meat to desired doneness and then sear. No resting the meat needed. Just sear and eat. When I made my prime ribs, ( I have done that twice) I did still wrap it in foil while I was preparing the au jus and all other final touches.