• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
That is a good sign. But if you are a steak lover I would seriously consider investing in a sous vide machine. Cook the meat to desired doneness and then sear. No resting the meat needed. Just sear and eat. When I made my prime ribs, ( I have done that twice) I did still wrap it in foil while I was preparing the au jus and all other final touches.

We seem to be eating less and less meat, not sure why... well maybe because I can get fresh seafood straight from the trawler and the major industry here is oysters, they're so fresh they wince when you squeeze the lemon on them. And lately we've been getting meal kits from Hello Fresh 4 times a week, they come with everything and there's no waste. Usually half the fresh food we buy gets chucked out because there's too much in a packet for 2 people. The other 3 days is seafood.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
We seem to be eating less and less meat, not sure why... well maybe because I can get fresh seafood straight from the trawler and the major industry here is oysters, they're so fresh they wince when you squeeze the lemon on them. And lately we've been getting meal kits from Hello Fresh 4 times a week, they come with everything and there's no waste. Usually half the fresh food we buy gets chucked out because there's too much in a packet for 2 people. The other 3 days is seafood.
I am jealous.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Meanwhile I need to buy some onions. I can get a 50 pound bag for $14. At 28 cents a pound it is hard to pass up. And they keep in my garage all winter and then some. Around May I start to lose a few, Or I might go halvsies with my brother.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
I have heard mixed things about Hello Fresh. It seems that you have had a good experience for the most part.

It's always been good for us, a couple of times there's been an ingredient missing but they've reimbursed far more the missing ingredients value with no question. $4.50 for a missing carrot.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I enjoy shopping for food. When I was in a bit of financial trouble I would go to the discounted meat bin. That was meat that had not sold and needed to be used quickly. I bought meats that I would not have tried otherwise and often found them to be quite good. I used to love getting tri-tip roasts. It is an unappealing cut of meat that has the shape of a human liver, but the meat is as good as most steaks and it is close to a prime rib when roasted correctly, though smaller. It would only feed two to three.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I've worked out that fans have no place in ovens.

I differ. Fans cool down hot ovens and then stop based on temperature. It sounds like you were fighting with the oven. You might win this round, but eventually you lose.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
I differ. Fans cool down hot ovens and then stop based on temperature. It sounds like you were fighting with the oven. You might win this round, but eventually you lose.

I didn't want it cooled down. It was a matter of life and death.

Dan From Smithville

"We are both impressed and daunted." Cargn
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm lost on oven design. Something else to learn about, but I have so much on that plate already with no end in sight. Questions about cooking are loading my plate as it is.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
To me, that seems like luxury. You are fortunate to live where there are so many interesting birds and animals as well as plenty of fresh seafood. Have you ever thought of adopting and older child, say about 55? It turns out there are not a lot of couples out there willing to adopt us older kids. We need you.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
I get it, not a fan.

Isn't it run off a thermostat or thermocouple? Of course, I know nothing of oven design, so I am just asking questions in the dark here.

I'm sure there's a thermostat in there but the fan when you turn it off is too cool it down quicker... I think. Or maybe just to annoy me.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
To me, that seems like luxury. You are fortunate to live where there are so many interesting birds and animals as well as plenty of fresh seafood. Have you ever thought of adopting and older child, say about 55? It turns out there are not a lot of couples out there willing to adopt us older kids. We need you.

Can you reverse a trailer? If I win lotto I'll be hiring a car/boat driver.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
I'm sure there's a thermostat in there but the fan when you turn it off is too cool it down quicker... I think. Or maybe just to annoy me.
I find that even things that work the way they are supposed to but not the way I want often annoy me.