• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
R.8088191c17d674f30353bcbe6dae7ab9

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
2.5kg for 2 of us, there's over half of it left.

That is quite a bit. Let's see. 2.5 kg, That is 5 and a half pounds. and it costs you $100 Australian. Too bad there is not a way to convert grades of meat. In the US most "prime rib" is made with USDA choice meat. Prime is rather difficult to find and about one and a half times as much money. That is $73.97 US call it $75. And that price is about the same as the everyday price of that cut of meat here in USDA Choice. So probably the same quality. It is what I use.

While you went high end I went low end last time that I bought a large cut of meat. I bought a large pork shoulder roast. only two bucks American a pound. It was about 8 or 9 pounds. And I made four different meals with it. I wanted to do something different so my first meal was Tacos al Pastor. That is a genuine Mexican recipe rather than the Tex-Mex "tacos" that everyone is familiar with here. A lot of work but very good. Then I did a regular pork roast for two, I just cut a piece of meat that looked appropriate off of what was left. Very tasty too, but a bit boring since I have done it too many times. Then I winged it and made a pork and bean stew with various vegetables. And tonight I finished it off with a huge amount of pork fired rice. The roommate was saying that I never make enough so I made more than a double batch.

But frankly, it will be a while before I buy that cut again.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
That is quite a bit. Let's see. 2.5 kg, That is 5 and a half pounds. and it costs you $100 Australian. Too bad there is not a way to convert grades of meat. In the US most "prime rib" is made with USDA choice meat. Prime is rather difficult to find and about one and a half times as much money. That is $73.97 US call it $75. And that price is about the same as the everyday price of that cut of meat here in USDA Choice. So probably the same quality. It is what I use.

While you went high end I went low end last time that I bought a large cut of meat. I bought a large pork shoulder roast. only two bucks American a pound. It was about 8 or 9 pounds. And I made four different meals with it. I wanted to do something different so my first meal was Tacos al Pastor. That is a genuine Mexican recipe rather than the Tex-Mex "tacos" that everyone is familiar with here. A lot of work but very good. Then I did a regular pork roast for two, I just cut a piece of meat that looked appropriate off of what was left. Very tasty too, but a bit boring since I have done it too many times. Then I winged it and made a pork and bean stew with various vegetables. And tonight I finished it off with a huge amount of pork fired rice. The roommate was saying that I never make enough so I made more than a double batch.

But frankly, it will be a while before I buy that cut again.

I have a local butcher who gets in good quality meat grass fed beef. I'd sooner pay a bit extra than buy the crap the supermarkets sell here. And I like to support them so they stay in business, I'd hate for butcher shops to disappear like they have over there.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I have a local butcher who gets in good quality meat grass fed beef. I'd sooner pay a bit extra than buy the crap the supermarkets sell here. And I like to support them so they stay in business, I'd hate for butcher shops to disappear like they have over there.
My supermarket still does some of their own butchering. But it is not the same as a shop that does a whole beef. But I have been in shops where you can tell by the packaging that none of it was done on site.

Usually the meat is of pretty high quality, though one time I should have brought some steaks back. They were listed as USDA Choice, but when cooked they tasted like USDA Select. The next grade down is a noticeable difference. And what is amazing is that there are quite a few grades lower than Select. I shudder to even think about them.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Winning with a bit of rain last night and with the DNS problem of my ISP being resolved over night - a double win.

For those keeping score, @Wu Wei seems to be taking an RF vacation.