• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
The last post is the winner,
Baby, I know!
The last post is the winner.

When it comes to being lucky I'm cursed.
When it comes to being last I'm first.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Hot chocolate win
20211122_111637.jpg

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
I once worked with a guy who loved those bugs.
He'd tell us about how great they are because
they're so easy to fix when he breaks down on
his way to work.
I drove a car that I wouldn't be able to fix. But
it had the advantage of not breaking down.

You are so impressed by that story you had to post it twice I see.

I use to work at Midas Muffler and the exhaust systems on those were incredibly easy to repalce....as long as you had a torch. Later I worked at a VW dealership and even though it was after the Bug was no longer in production, we still got some in. And to pull an engine in a bug is by far much easier than any other car I had to pull an engine from. However, the electrical system in a bug can be a nightmare. The wiring harness runs through the roof...from the engine compartment to the dashboard to the head lights.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
You are so impressed by that story you had to post it twice I see.

I use to work at Midas Muffler and the exhaust systems on those were incredibly easy to repalce....as long as you had a torch. Later I worked at a VW dealership and even though it was after the Bug was no longer in production, we still got some in. And to pull an engine in a bug is by far much easier than any other car I had to pull an engine from. However, the electrical system in a bug can be a nightmare. The wiring harness runs through the roof...from the engine compartment to the dashboard to the head lights.
The only cars I ever worked on as a mechanic were
Rolls Royce Phantom 3s. Talk about difficult.
(It was a summer job.)

Wu Wei

The only cars I ever worked on as a mechanic were
Rolls Royce Phantom 3s. Talk about difficult.
(It was a summer job.)

Had a Rolls-Royce roll into the Midas shop one day, needed exhaust work..... it had stainless steel parts in the exhaust and the estimate was in the thousands...this was in the early 80s by the way. I took the customer aside, after I gave him the estimate and asked him if he was the original owner, he said yes. I then told him, we do not have these parts and would need to order them from the Rolls-Royce dealer that was about 5 miles down the road.....or...he could go there himself, and have them do his exhaust for free...since it was 100% a lifetime warranty for the original owner...surprisingly he opted to go to the dealer

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Had a Rolls-Royce roll into the Midas shop one day, needed exhaust work..... it had stainless steel parts in the exhaust and the estimate was in the thousands...this was in the early 80s by the way. I took the customer aside, after I gave him the estimate and asked him if he was the original owner, he said yes. I then told him, we do not have these parts and would need to order them from the Rolls-Royce dealer that was about 5 miles down the road.....or...he could go there himself, and have them do his exhaust for free...since it was 100% a lifetime warranty for the original owner...surprisingly he opted to go to the dealer
We had a Rolls something or other in the shop for a
new exhaust system. Took a long time. Cost thousands.

Wu Wei

We had a Rolls something or other in the shop for a
new exhaust system. Took a long time. Cost thousands.

should have told them it was free from the dealer....would have saved you time

The one I had on the lift was a Silver Shadow that looked a lot like this one

1980_rolls_royce_silver_shadow_ii_15923323001de8eb1a5f54794a9c159223342193e74d3df85275fullsizeoutput_f9a0-scaled-1.jpeg

It was also the first time the manager insisted on driving the car into the shop and on to my lift as well as off of my lift and out of the shop

Wu Wei

one of these also came into that shop

1-1937-Cord-812-Supercharged-Cabriolet-front1a-small.png

Cord

But another mechanic had to work on it because no one had the parts and he had to made a custom system

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I used to have a rolls canardly or thats what i used to call it

It rolls downhill just fine but canardly get uphill.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
should have told them it was free from the dealer....would have saved you time

The one I had on the lift was a Silver Shadow that looked a lot like this one

1980_rolls_royce_silver_shadow_ii_15923323001de8eb1a5f54794a9c159223342193e74d3df85275fullsizeoutput_f9a0-scaled-1.jpeg

It was also the first time the manager insisted on driving the car into the shop and on to my lift as well as off of my lift and out of the shop
The car was made in the 1920s.
Think they'd do it for free?
My employer happened upon a new old stock system
for cheap...only a couple thousand for the parts. Only
a week or 2 to install.

Wu Wei

The car was made in the 1920s.
Think they'd do it for free?
My employer happened upon a new old stock system
for cheap...only a couple thousand for the parts. Only
a week or 2 to install.

if it was the original owner...yup

if my memory serves the silver shadow exhaust had only about 5 or 6 but they were all welded together.....at the factory