• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
2780f8e07c50b33f5385c444278d68fe.jpg

giphy (3).gif

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
You tell me. I've been up since 5:30, done some housework (luckily the children are away so not much to do). Been into town for a lovely just baked, still warm pain aux raisins

View attachment 80505

and a super strong coffee. Then don't the weekly shopping. Done a little yard work, made lunch and at 12:15 pm in relaxing in the dappled shade of vines in the courtyard sipping a cup of jasmine flavoured green tea.

And I'm knackered but winning
Too early.

My 5am was a false smoke alarm, after I'd gone to bed at 2am, because the kids wouldn't go to bed.

And now the little one's up...

Not ready for this day, not rested, but I guess, somehow, I win?

ChristineM

Premium Member
Too early.

My 5am was a false smoke alarm, after I'd gone to bed at 2am, because the kids wouldn't go to bed.

And now the little one's up...

Not ready for this day, not rested, but I guess, somehow, I win?

Even for me 5am is too early.
What was the problem with the smoke alarm?
I find a good strong coffee helps

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Even for me 5am is too early.
What was the problem with the smoke alarm?
I find a good strong coffee helps
We really don't know. I had to get up, check the whole house(which isn't small, and you really feel that at 5am), get out the key for the attic, check that, make sure the other detectors were working, decide it was a false alarm... and then worry a bit. While I was worrying, I read online that sometimes this happens(and commonly at those hours) because of temperature fluctuation and humidity. I highly suspect that's what happened.

Still scared the mess out of me.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
We really don't know. I had to get up, check the whole house(which isn't small, and you really feel that at 5am), get out the key for the attic, check that, make sure the other detectors were working, decide it was a false alarm... and then worry a bit. While I was worrying, I read online that sometimes this happens(and commonly at those hours) because of temperature fluctuation and humidity. I highly suspect that's what happened.

Well at least that morning task is done. Usually I need a cup of coffee first.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Well at least that morning task is done. Usually I need a cup of coffee first.
I did go back to bed(2am-5am would be a brutal night's sleep). I don't think I'd know what to do at 5am.

Forums are dead around that time. Can't clean because I'll wake everyone up. Can't cook because I'll wake everyone up.

ChristineM

Premium Member

So far ours have only gone off when I've burn the dinner. Or when the batteries go flat they beep beep, beep at around 4am, never during daytime.

Before we moved here the house would be left empty most of the winter. A flat battery on the smoke alarm caused no end of stress to the next door neighbour.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
So far ours have only gone off when I've burn the dinner. Or when the batteries go flat they beep beep, beep at around 4am, never during daytime.

Before we moved here the house would be left empty most of the winter. A flat battery on the smoke alarm caused no end of stress to the next door neighbour.
That would be enough to drive a neighbor nuts....

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
George is enough to drive me nuts............and I hope you don't stop....
I drive my neighbors nuts...

Picture a quiet, middle class neighborhood full of beige, white, and light blue houses... and then some bright pink and orange monstrosity interrupts the conformity, and there's toys strewn all over the lawn, kids hollering, and some long haired guy working on his 20 year old cars in the street... (and a really tired blue haired woman sitting on the porch supervising it all).

But for you, I give a choice of nuts! Would you like almonds, cashews, peanuts, or walnuts? I've got them all available...

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
They were not happy.

Those of us in this area to have signed up for "Nextdoor", a system for neighbors find that the vast majority of posts are from people who are not happy to downright furious about all sorts of things. If I read all of those posts, I would become so paranoid that I'd contemplate sleeping all day and sitting up at night with a locked & loaded AR-15 monitoring cameras placed all around our home.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Those of us in this area to have signed up for "Nextdoor", a system for neighbors find that the vast majority of posts are from people who are not happy to downright furious about all sorts of things. If I read all of those posts, I would become so paranoid that I'd contemplate sleeping all day and sitting up at night with a locked & loaded AR-15 monitoring cameras placed all around our home.
Maybe its a good thing I locked myself out of that...

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Cats shall NEVER WIN!!!!!

Because.... bears rule and cats drool

grizzly-bear-portrait.jpg

Last edited: