• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Cats approved this win

Cats first finagled their way into human hearts and homes thousands of years ago – here’s how

But of the 41 species of wild felines, the vast majority are about the size of a housecat. Few people have heard of the black-footed cat or the Borneo bay cat, much less the kodkod, oncilla or marbled cat. Clearly, the little-cat side of the feline family needs a better PR agent.

In theory, any of these species could have been the progenitor of the domestic cat, but recent DNA studies demonstrate unequivocally that today’s housecats arose from the African wildcat – specifically, the North African subspecies, Felis silvestris lybica.
Yet many domestics appear basically indistinguishable from wildcats. In fact, only 13 genes have been changed by natural selection during the domestication process.
To signal friendly intentions, an approaching cat raises its tail straight up, a trait shared with lions and no other feline species.

Evolution of a master manipulator​

Cats similarly manipulate people with their purrs. When they want something – picture a cat rubbing against your legs in the kitchen while you open a can of wet food – they purr extra loudly. And this purr is not the agreeable thrumming of a content cat, but an insistent chainsaw br-rr-oom demanding attention.

Scientists digitally compared the spectral qualities of the two types of purrs and discovered that the major difference is that the insistent purr includes a component very similar to the sound of a human baby crying. People, of course, are innately attuned to this sound, and cats have evolved to take advantage of this sensitivity to get our attention.
Just more proof that cats are insidious

We Never Know

No Slack
Cats approved this win

Cats first finagled their way into human hearts and homes thousands of years ago – here’s how

But of the 41 species of wild felines, the vast majority are about the size of a housecat. Few people have heard of the black-footed cat or the Borneo bay cat, much less the kodkod, oncilla or marbled cat. Clearly, the little-cat side of the feline family needs a better PR agent.

In theory, any of these species could have been the progenitor of the domestic cat, but recent DNA studies demonstrate unequivocally that today’s housecats arose from the African wildcat – specifically, the North African subspecies, Felis silvestris lybica.
Yet many domestics appear basically indistinguishable from wildcats. In fact, only 13 genes have been changed by natural selection during the domestication process.
To signal friendly intentions, an approaching cat raises its tail straight up, a trait shared with lions and no other feline species.

Evolution of a master manipulator​

Cats similarly manipulate people with their purrs. When they want something – picture a cat rubbing against your legs in the kitchen while you open a can of wet food – they purr extra loudly. And this purr is not the agreeable thrumming of a content cat, but an insistent chainsaw br-rr-oom demanding attention.

Scientists digitally compared the spectral qualities of the two types of purrs and discovered that the major difference is that the insistent purr includes a component very similar to the sound of a human baby crying. People, of course, are innately attuned to this sound, and cats have evolved to take advantage of this sensitivity to get our attention.
I would like to have a rusty-spotted cat. They are small weighing only 1.8-3.5 lbs

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
The 13 gene finding was news to me. And the number of small cat species and the origin of domestic kitties from Africa.

The genes, yes, well the number that have evolved. I didn't think it was that many.
The rest I've either heard before or have a bunch of hungry cats trying to coax me to hurry up with the food

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
The dog has a more sensitive stomach than @Wu Wei . I spend more time cooking her special diet than I do cooking for us. Anyway I made corn fritters, hunger won over not wanting to clean up.
CORN FRITTERS!!!!!! so...WHERE THE HECK ARE MINE!!!!!!! I love corn fritters

1692476609950.jpeg

Last edited:

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
English win with lovely little old rectangular green French silver whittling knife or rather

a silver green French rectangular little lovely old whittling knife or perhaps
a French silver rectangular little lovely little green whittling knife.

367465226_10167851694235133_8167621751361148163_n.jpg