• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I'm a dropout. I went and got my GED in my mid-twenties when I thought I was moving to a large city and having a diploma would be beneficial in finding a new job.

The relationship I was hoping to move for failed. I didn't need the GED anymore, and it made me bitter to look at it. So I threw it away.
I wanted to drop out but fir various reasons it wasn't an option for me.
I got my college degree in my late 20s thinking it would make it easier to keep working with my knees getting worse. That, however, just hasn't been the case and I've spent ateast half the timr since I gratuated unemployed with a bulk majority of the employment being beyond orbit overqualified for and under employed.
But this interview was the first time I disclosed I'm autistic so that may be more valuable in getting me employed than a degree.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
I wanted to drop out but fir various reasons it wasn't an option for me.
I got my college degree in my late 20s thinking it would make it easier to keep working with my knees getting worse. That, however, just hasn't been the case and I've spent ateast half the timr since I gratuated unemployed with a bulk majority of the employment being beyond orbit overqualified for and under employed.
But this interview was the first time I disclosed I'm autistic so that may be more valuable in getting me employed than a degree.
I didn't exactly want to drop out, its just real life hit, and I had to start working and paying bills before high school was done.

Shadow Wolf

I didn't exactly want to drop out, its just real life hit, and I had to start working and paying bills before high school was done.
I just hated school and damn near everyone in it. They said it would be the happiest times in my life but it was actually among the most miserable. Beating the jocks and people on sports teams in the games and contests in gym class was the only pleasure I got from it. Especially in dodge ball. I had a big target on me in that game because I was so good it's when I made a chance discovery that I could do that backwards Neo bullet dodge bend with the back parallel with the floor.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Im not Australian so im pretty sure, the local Ceou causes the same thing this time of year. Ya just can't see the other side of the square.
fog...mist....same thing here

and with that...I shall win by going home...TTFN

Shadow Wolf

fog...mist....same thing here

and with that...I shall win by going home...TTFN
I've only ever heard fog for fog, like what we'll be seeing here in a couple months or so, stuff that looks like a cloud.
And then there's the mist that comes from a spray bottle. The exception being the book and movie, but it seems odd calling that a mist because it's a fog. Like what a fog machine puts out.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
I've only ever heard fog for fog, like what we'll be seeing here in a couple months or so, stuff that looks like a cloud.
And then there's the mist that comes from a spray bottle. The exception being the book and movie, but it seems odd calling that a mist because it's a fog. Like what a fog machine puts out.

Fog is cloud that reaches the ground. Mist is caused by temperature inversions.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member

Bingo. I agree. If I'm interviewing someone and I'm told that background two things happen. First I appreciate the honesty and that means I feel I can trust the person. That goes a long way.

Second if the job is one that someone with autism can do better at, they move up a notch. When it comes to knowing small details, careful planning and focused interest, autism might be an advantage. Certainly when it comes to software development, that's the case.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
Completely pre...

Actually i think i might have an ancestor who was "transported" there... We may be related.

More likely related on the Manx side if I remember our previous conversation accurately.

I'll have to drag out my family tree stuff, a relative from there did it back to Viking days.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Fog is cloud that reaches the ground. Mist is caused by temperature inversions.

Depends where you come from and when. Fog in the uk used to be thick, grey stuff loaded with particulates from coal fires and factory and mill furnaces. It is no coincidence that London was lovingly nicknamed the Smoke. The damn stuff would knock on doors and kill people

Though the clean air act did much to turn the fog from grey to black.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Goodnight my good ahh hmm, friends I'm off to the land of nod..

good-night-have (1).jpg

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
I just hated school and damn near everyone in it. They said it would be the happiest times in my life but it was actually among the most miserable. Beating the jocks and people on sports teams in the games and contests in gym class was the only pleasure I got from it. Especially in dodge ball. I had a big target on me in that game because I was so good it's when I made a chance discovery that I could do that backwards Neo bullet dodge bend with the back parallel with the floor.
I hated school because it was boring. But I was really blessed that I was able to go to a really great alternative school. There were cliques, but they all got on well. People seldom fought, and kids stood up for each other. Bullying wasn't tolerated. I wished I hadn't had such terrible anxiety(whih is why I went, it was unmanageable in the larger schools), so I could have talked to people and made some friends.

Now I have no anxiety, but no one's looking to make friends in these parts once you're in your 30s...

I actually have a babysitter for two hours(my sister had my kids over to play with hers). No kids in the house... but my husband is working, and my roommate is working, and I detest 'alone time'... who's idea of a joke was this?

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
I hated school because it was boring. But I was really blessed that I was able to go to a really great alternative school. There were cliques, but they all got on well. People seldom fought, and kids stood up for each other. Bullying wasn't tolerated. I wished I hadn't had such terrible anxiety(whih is why I went, it was unmanageable in the larger schools), so I could have talked to people and made some friends.

Now I have no anxiety, but no one's looking to make friends in these parts once you're in your 30s...

I actually have a babysitter for two hours(my sister had my kids over to play with hers). No kids in the house... but my husband is working, and my roommate is working, and I detest 'alone time'... who's idea of a joke was this?

For a small fee I can sign you up to the introverts club.