• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
My first drink was less eventful.

My ex was a mean drunk, and I'd have panic attacks if he was going to crack open a beer.

He was trying to be considerate, had been decent all day, and asked if I'd be alright if he had a beer. I said I'd be fine if he gave me his Jaeger. Confused, because I'd never drank a drop of anything, he agreed. I sipped from the bottle awhile and watched Spongebob. He asked later if I was drunk, I said Spongebob seemed to dance a little more than usual, he said I probably was, and we left each other alone.

Dan From Smithville

For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky
Staff member
Premium Member
My first drink was less eventful.

My ex was a mean drunk, and I'd have panic attacks if he was going to crack open a beer.

He was trying to be considerate, had been decent all day, and asked if I'd be alright if he had a beer. I said I'd be fine if he gave me his Jaeger. Confused, because I'd never drank a drop of anything, he agreed. I sipped from the bottle awhile and watched Spongebob. He asked later if I was drunk, I said Spongebob seemed to dance a little more than usual, he said I probably was, and we left each other alone.

I enjoy the many types of beer and wine and have a rational quantity with a meal on occasion. But being out of control drunk was a brief experiment of youth with results I had no appetite or interest to pursue further.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Good evening to you good sir. I'm doing pretty good considering, how about you?
Is it your evening now? I'm glad you are doing well. I am too, more or less. Ever in pursuit of better quality sleep, but I have made improvements on that.

I don't know if I mentioned this, but I work for a French company now. Unfortunately, I never learned more than introductory French, 35 years ago.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Is it your evening now? I'm glad you are doing well. I am too, more or less. Ever in pursuit of better quality sleep, but I have made improvements on that.

I don't know if I mentioned this, but I work for a French company now. Unfortunately, I never learned more than introductory French, 35 years ago.
It's about 18:45 so yes, time to say "bonne soirée"

I don't do much in the way of sleep, around five and a half to six hours a night but i make the most of them ;-) Occasionally i have difficulty dropping off so i fall back on herbal sleep aid tabs.

Yes you have told me about your french job... All you need to know of french is "ça va" pronounced sa va. The reply would be "ça va" (or "ça va, ça va"

The intonation of the reply will tell you all you need to know about the persons day... Good is a bright "ça va" bad is a miserable "ça va, ça va" with a million nuances in between

It's a great shortcut to conversation.

Oh and also "bof" pronounced how it's spelled. It essentially means "meh" but with less feeling.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member

I don't do much in the way of sleep, around five and a half to six hours a night but i make the most of them ;-) Occasionally i have difficulty dropping off so i fall back on herbal sleep aid tabs.

Yes you have told me about your french job... All you need to know of french is "ça va" pronounced sa va. The reply would be "ça va" (or "ça va, ça va"

The intonation of the reply will tell you all you need to know about the persons day... Good is a bright "ça va" bad is a miserable "ça va, ça va" with a million nuances in between

Oh and also "bof" pronounced how it's spelled. It essentially means "meh" but with less feeling.
I sleep about the same length of time, but the quality of it means that there is less actual sleep for the same period.

I wasn't sure, I haven't taken the time to just chat with friends so much lately. Sleep and work have become my life until I can get the latter firmly under control.

Thanks for the French lesson. That may prove useful. Especially the latter. Bof sounds like something else I'm familiar with and that would be an awkward response.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member

I hope you have a lovely rest of your evening.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I was at a Hogmanay party in Glasgow drinking home made poitin. I woke in Edinburgh without my handbag, without my car and without my virginity with no transport back to Glasgow on new years day. The hangover lasted 3 days and every time i took a sip of water i was drunk again.
More than alcohol could easily have been involved. I'm glad you survived.