• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
I'm craving beans on toast so that's what I'm gonna have.

1706300027036.jpeg

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
My computer fan only makes the terrible noise vvhen I try to play a game, or do a Zoom meeting.

Is it okay to play a game, or vvill that further damage it?

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
My computer fan only makes the terrible noise vvhen I try to play a game, or do a Zoom meeting.

Is it okay to play a game, or vvill that further damage it?

I'm guessing the fan starts (or runs faster) then because the computer is working harder and gets hotter. I think you said it happened when the computer got bashed? Maybe it got slightly bent out of shape and is catching on something. I wouldn't like to say one way or the other if it's ok to use because I'm not a computer tech,

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
I'm guessing the fan starts (or runs faster) then because the computer is working harder and gets hotter. I think you said it happened when the computer got bashed? Maybe it got slightly bent out of shape and is catching on something. I wouldn't like to say one way or the other if it's ok to use because I'm not a computer tech,
Yup, this vvas an Ares job.

Biting himself in the butt, too, because he also enjoys the game on here.

I could put up vvith the noise, if I knevv it vvouldn't further hurt anything.

(It also further bites me in the butt, because sometimes I can pavvn him off on the game for a little bit to get other things done.)

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Yup, this vvas an Ares job.

Biting himself in the butt, too, because he also enjoys the game on here.

I could put up vvith the noise, if I knevv it vvouldn't further hurt anything.

(It also further bites me in the butt, because sometimes I can pavvn him off on the game for a little bit to get other things done.)

While it's not making a noise then it probably isn't running. When the cpu heats up the fan starts. While it's making a noise it's running so it should be safe.

If it does begin to over heat a modern (10 years or so) computer will shut down to save further damage.

So my guess is, although annoying it should be ok to use but don't come back to me if it all goes banana shaped.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
While it's not making a noise then it probably isn't running. When the cpu heats up the fan starts. While it's making a noise it's running so it should be safe.

If it does begin to over heat a modern (10 years or so) computer will shut down to save further damage.

So my guess is, although annoying it should be ok to use but don't come back to me if it all goes banana shaped.
I'll just cook it up vvith the rest of dinner if it turns into a banana.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
My digestive tract is not in love with beans. Often they take the high speed expressway from stem to stern.

I have no problems with beans. Eggs and taco bread are the enemy of my stomach. I don't really understand the taco bread, from what I've read they use something similar to kitty litter to help bind it together. Kitty litter is mostly chalk so how chalk binds flour I don't know. Maybe it's all internet nonsense but taco bread causing IBS issues seems to be common.