• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
5.30pm Friday. 10.30am Saturday. 7pm Sunday. Maybe this afternoon. Maybe not until next Friday. I'm just assuming they have no idea and will say whatever they think will get you off the phone.

Sooo, they have a problem and have no idea what the problem is...

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
The good news is... The house is clean, the garden is weed free, car is washed, I fixed the hose on the pool cleaner that's had a hole in it for 2 years plus a million other small jobs completed.

ChristineM

Premium Member
The good news is... The house is clean, the garden is weed free, car is washed, I fixed the hose on the pool cleaner that's had a hole in it for 2 years plus a million other small jobs completed.

What will you do with the rest of your time?

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
What will you do with the rest of your time?

Don't know. Might go for a drive and take some photos. Something I've done very little of since COVID. Just got an update as I was typing this, they're saying it should be fixed by 1pm today. They seem confident in the text.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Don't know. Might go for a drive and take some photos. Something I've done very little of since COVID. Just got an update as I was typing this, they're saying it should be fixed by 1pm today. They seem confident in the text.

And what time is it now?

ChristineM

Premium Member
Yesterday was the children's carnival or more specifically "the judgement of Pétassou". The first time it's been held since COVID struck and i think the children made up for all the years judgement has not been passed. An extremely colourful happy and noisy parade passed our house yesterday afternoon.
Pétassou is an evil sorcerer who is responsible for all the petty crimes that have occurred over the last year. He is caught, bound and paraded through the village before being tried, the school children pass judgement which is always "burn him". Pétassou is tied to a stake and burned.

5-full-burn.jpg

Their duty done the children move to the village hall for biscuits and watered wine.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Pétassou is tied to a stake and burned.

Burning someone at the stake for petty crimes? How barbaric. We should adopt it here and burn people in effigy for their political crimes. I'll bet both left and right could agree on fire even though the figure being burned would be different.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Burning someone at the stake for petty crimes? How barbaric. We should adopt it here and burn people in effigy for their political crimes. I'll bet both left and right could agree on fire even though the figure being burned would be different

The children around here are serious about their community and crimes such as stealing the children's fries in the school canteen deserve such punishment.

It's an ancient annual tradition that's been going on since 16 century. Kind of nice they keep these traditions alive even if they are gruesome

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
Yesterday was the children's carnival or more specifically "the judgement of Pétassou". The first time it's been held since COVID struck and i think the children made up for all the years judgement has not been passed. An extremely colourful happy and noisy parade passed our house yesterday afternoon.
Pétassou is an evil sorcerer who is responsible for all the petty crimes that have occurred over the last year. He is caught, bound and paraded through the village before being tried, the school children pass judgement which is always "burn him". Pétassou is tied to a stake and burned.

View attachment 88484

Their duty done the children move to the village hall for biscuits and watered wine.
What does the offender look like prior to the application of combustion?

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
I detest VVal-Mart.

Ares vvas so bad this evening, I promised to take him to one if he'd stop his shenanigans. He did. I made good. Then he lost his **** in the store, kicked over a small display, and I had to vvalk him out...

The upside vvas most people behave so poorly there, he vvasn't even noticed.