• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

Hold

Abducted Member
Premium Member
And now I've got a headache brewing, and I looked up the gym schedule to see when I can take the kids to the pool this evening(hoping to distract the young warlord from obsessing over the broken Toyota on the street) to see I can't do that, because they're going back to the schedule where they close at 4pm on the weekends.

Why in the world would they close down so early?
Is it a public gym (city run gym).?

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
I noticed college classes are ending this week....exams and all....probably no connection...
That's exactly it.

They probably employ about 30 people, and I think perhaps 3 of those are not college students.

I don't know what it would hurt to hire a little more of a diverse team. They're by far the most expensive gym in the area.

(Dad pays for our membership, and this one was chosen because it had the most 'Ares friendly' attractions.)

Hold

Abducted Member
Premium Member
That's exactly it.

They probably employ about 30 people, and I think perhaps 3 of those are not college students.

I don't know what it would hurt to hire a little more of a diverse team. They're by far the most expensive gym in the area.

(Dad pays for our membership, and this one was chosen because it had the most 'Ares friendly' attractions.)
Many years ago, I belonged to a gym that was in the lower floors of a once expensive large hotel. That hotel had an auditorium where shows once were performed....It must have been built in the nineteenth century. When I first was a member it was a male-only club The attendance was falling off so it offered memberships to women...There were too many newer places to work out that had newer decor....It lost members and sadly closed and was demolished......I loved that gym even though it had no air conditioning .....No one would work out in the summer....lol.......except me........(pool, nautilus machines, free weights, handball courts, table tennis, running track, basketball court
massage, large TV lounge, elevators to the tenth floor roof top sun bathing deck, free parking, and a ground-floor restaurant) I got to meet Joe Namath, there.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
We have a storm on the way, it doesn't look so bad on 2 weather apps. But...
Just had a text from our insurance company with a red warning.

Not sure who is more confused.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Many years ago, I belonged to a gym that was in the lower floors of a once expensive large hotel. That hotel had an auditorium where shows once were performed....It must have been built in the nineteenth century. When I first was a member it was a male-only club The attendance was falling off so it offered memberships to women...There were too many newer places to work out that had newer decor....It lost members and sadly closed and was demolished......I loved that gym even though it had no air conditioning .....No one would work out in the summer....lol.......except me........(pool, nautilus machines, free weights, handball courts, table tennis, running track, basketball court
massage, large TV lounge, elevators to the tenth floor roof top sun bathing deck, free parking, and a ground-floor restaurant) I got to meet Joe Namath, there.
We had one of those antique gyms... I loved it. I wasn't a member, but would pay for a day pass sometimes. The pool was like stepping into the past. It was on different floors, and I liked that, too.

It closed as well; one of the businesses that couldn't survive the shutdown and distancing of Covid.

Yours sounds a lot fancier, though... wow. :D

Hold

Abducted Member
Premium Member
We have a storm on the way, it doesn't look so bad on 2 weather apps. But...
Just had a text from our insurance company with a red warning.
I
We had one of those antique gyms... I loved it. I wasn't a member, but would pay for a day pass sometimes. The pool was like stepping into the past. It was on different floors, and I liked that, too.

It closed as well; one of the businesses that couldn't survive the shutdown and distancing of Covid.

Yours sounds a lot fancier, though... wow. :D
It was somewhat aged....but it had good equipment....

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
We are under the blue dot, it seems to be passing now

Screenshot_20240427-185606_AccuWeather.jpg

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
When I was 10 yrs old, only one of my friend's families had an automobile...
When I was a kid, my house was the only house out of all my friend's houses to have the internet.

And my dad was so ill spirited that no one still wanted to visit.

Fine with me, I went to their houses instead.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I agree. I'm still trying to figure out where to lodge the complaint...
There is a poem, maybe by Kabir that I can't find the text for but which is called "Lord of the meeting rivers" or something similar. That poem contains this which has stuck with me and I think about from time-to-time and was included on a now out of print CD by Ram Dass & Amazing Grace

The Lord of the meeting rivers​
plays tricks with you​
until your bones stick out.​
Can there be devotion​
unless you stand His play?​

Mother Kali? Krishna? You would know better than I from that perspective.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
There is a poem, maybe by Kabir that I can't find the text for but which is called "Lord of the meeting rivers" or something similar. That poem contains this which has stuck with me and I think about from time-to-time and was included on a now out of print CD by Ram Dass & Amazing Grace

The Lord of the meeting rivers​
plays tricks with you​
until your bones stick out.​
Can there be devotion​
unless you stand His play?​

Mother Kali? Krishna? You would know better than I from that perspective.
I swore at Krishna years ago, when I didn't know him.

In response, he lifted a life long mental health issue... sometimes I wonder how bad things would be if that didn't happen, if I was still living with that condition. Certainly, I'd have been put in the mental ward a few times by now(no, not joking). Ares, too(perhaps long term). Ares was a baby then... He must have known what was coming.

The answer is probably to swear at deities until someone helps, I suppose.

If they wanted a gentle, sweet speaking devotee, they would have given me a different life, and a different brain. I will swing my sword, and gnash my teeth...