• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
The answer is probably to swear at deities until someone helps, I suppose.

I wondered and went to ChatGPT and found this

In Hinduism, there are instances where individuals express strong emotions, including anger or frustration, towards gods or deities. One notable example comes from the epic Ramayana, where Shurpanakha, the sister of the demon king Ravana, expresses her love for Lord Rama and is rejected. In her anger and frustration, she curses Rama and his wife Sita. However, it's important to note that such instances are not necessarily condoned or celebrated within Hinduism but are portrayed within the context of various narratives to illustrate the complexities of human emotions and interactions with divine beings.

There's also a story from Christianity that might be true or apocryphal but I think it fits:

When she tried to reform her Carmelite order, many in the community who preferred a more lax lifestyle resisted her. They complained about her, and Teresa, in turn, complained to God about her difficult situation. The Lord famously responded to her in prayer, “That’s how I treat my friends.” In the good humor of a close friend she responded, “That’s why you have so few friends.”

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
I wondered and went to ChatGPT and found this

In Hinduism, there are instances where individuals express strong emotions, including anger or frustration, towards gods or deities. One notable example comes from the epic Ramayana, where Shurpanakha, the sister of the demon king Ravana, expresses her love for Lord Rama and is rejected. In her anger and frustration, she curses Rama and his wife Sita. However, it's important to note that such instances are not necessarily condoned or celebrated within Hinduism but are portrayed within the context of various narratives to illustrate the complexities of human emotions and interactions with divine beings.

There's also a story from Christianity that might be true or apocryphal but I think it fits:

When she tried to reform her Carmelite order, many in the community who preferred a more lax lifestyle resisted her. They complained about her, and Teresa, in turn, complained to God about her difficult situation. The Lord famously responded to her in prayer, “That’s how I treat my friends.” In the good humor of a close friend she responded, “That’s why you have so few friends.”
I've heard that second one. Good response.

Its interesting because many of the curses laid in Hinduism turn out to bring positive through a negative happening.

I haven't cursed any deities, though. Just voiced loud displeasure in my own crude way...

Hold

Abducted Member
Premium Member
I've heard that second one. Good response.

Its interesting because many of the curses laid in Hinduism turn out to bring positive through a negative happening.

I haven't cursed any deities, though. Just voiced loud displeasure in my own crude way...
Maybe you can help me with some Hindu information.I thought Krishna was a fictional figure who was slain by an arrow to his heel..

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
alignmentchart1.jpg

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Maybe you can help me with some Hindu information.I thought Krishna was a fictional figure who was slain by an arrow to his heel..
He's a deity; the 8th incarnation of Lord Vishnu.

A prevalent deity for Vaishnava Hindus. Said to have incarnated in human form approximately 5000 years ago. The deity most mentioned in the Mahabharata(indeed, he takes a very active role), and is the one who gives the Bhagavad Gita to Arjuna(a small portion of the Mahabharata).

Of course, opinions on details vary.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Time for my going to sleep win so I'll be leaving you now.

Interruption.
Hubby just got up, i thought he was going to the loo until i heard him going down stirs. I went after him, caught up to him in the process of sitting on the settee. "What are you doing?," I asked... Clear as a bell, his reply was "sleep waking".
"Come on, back to bed".
I took his hand and guided him back to bed.
He's never done that before, i guess it's to do with his stomach sickness this morning.

Goodnight

giphy (3).gif

H

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Time for my going to sleep win so I'll be leaving you now.

Interruption.
Hubby just got up, i thought he was going to the loo until i heard him going down stirs. I went after him, caught up to him in the process of sitting on the settee. "What are you doing?," I asked... Clear as a bell, his reply was "sleep waking".
"Come on, back to bed".
I took his hand and guided him back to bed.
He's never done that before, i guess it's to do with his stomach sickness this morning.

Goodnight

View attachment 90923
Sweet dreams