• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
4fc2489cf997edb47d881d7035346259.gif

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
When I was younger, I attempted to grow a mustache for the first time. I was in college and finding myself in that sense. When I returned home for a weekned visit with family, my mother thought it was handsome and that I looked a lot like Wayne Newton and he was "dreamy".

I promptly shaved it off.

That's why I found your choice of artist so...interesting.

I was going to make fun of Wayne Newton for being a pathetic old man with dyed hair and way too much plastic surgery while riding on the coat tails of his one hit song. But I thought about it while walking the dog and decided Wayne Newton probably doesn't care what a pathetic old man with no hair walking a white fluffy dog thinks, he's too busy fighting off women and counting his millions.

Dan From Smithville

For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky
Staff member
Premium Member
I was going to make fun of Wayne Newton for being a pathetic old man with dyed hair and way too much plastic surgery while riding on the coat tails of his one hit song. But I thought about it while walking the dog and decided Wayne Newton probably doesn't care what a pathetic old man with no hair walking a white fluffy dog thinks, he's too busy fighting off women and counting his millions.
I have nothing personal against Wayne Newton. I however, had no interest in looking even remotely similar to a man my mother found attractive as a woman. Though I do appreciate the underlying sentiment that she recognized my natural good looks as a mother.

There's just something wrong with going further with that.

I don't know that he would worry about my story either and for much the same reasons you came up with.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
The light in the window is a crack in the sky
A stairway to darkness in the blink of an eye
A levee of tears to learn she'll never be coming back

Or maybe not so ominous.

Number one is to find some friends to say "You're doing well
After all this time you boys look just the same"
Number two is the happy hour at one of two hotels
Settle in to play "Do you remember so and so?"
Number three is never say her name

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
I have nothing personal against Wayne Newton. I however, had no interest in looking even remotely similar to a man my mother found attractive as a woman. Though I do appreciate the underlying sentiment that she recognized my natural good looks as a mother.

There's just something wrong with going further with that.

I don't know that he would worry about my story either and for much the same reasons you came up with.

I thought it best not to mention that your Mum thought you were hot.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
I thought it best not to mention that your Mum thought you were hot.
That was where my mind went at the time and where it did not go in reality. Even the hint at the tender age of 19 was enough to send me to quick action in response.

Like Barney Fife said, "Nip it in the bud".

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

Actually, Wayne Newton hit the skids and has had a lot of financial trouble.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
I seem to encounter an increasing number of trucks carrying single fragile egos these days. Some of them are rather large trucks for the daily commute and are often driven as if the driver feels they handle as well as any Corvette, BMW, Audi or Mercedes.
I see that a lot myself on my way to work.... and in my parking garage there are a few nice, clean and shinny 3/4ton pickups.....

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
It seems sort of redundant. And, unless those are mattresses from a secure hospital ward, they don't have straps to secure passengers. Does Texas have seatbelt laws?

On the other hand, he is keeping them from leaving the truck. Clearly, safety isn't outside of understanding here, just incomplete in its conception.

I wonder too about taking pictures while driving, but you didn't say how and it could be dashcam captures.

Overall, I am not surprised what I see while driving on major roads.

I'll take your points and questions one at a time.

Yes. Texas has seatbelt laws but I don't think he cares one way or the other.

And I was a passenger so I could snap away, which I did.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
I'll take your points and questions one at a time.

Yes. Texas has seatbelt laws but I don't think he cares one way or the other.
I got that impression too.
And I was a passenger so I could snap away, which I did.
I'm glad to hear that you were being safe. I didn't want to assume, but I should have realized from the position of the wiper blades in the photo that it was shot from the front passenger side.